• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 footage in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Starting December 28th, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius will be hosting a special collaboration event with Kingdom Hearts to commemorate the upcoming release of Kingdom Hearts III. Players will be able to obtain Sora and Cloud in their Kingdom Hearts outfits as special units that can be called forth into battle.

The latest trailer promoting the collaboration event features some brand new footage from Kingdom Hearts 3, showing Sora picking up Master's Defender.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I hope that the portal Sora is opening leads to where I hope it does *eye emoji x 3*

Good luck to anyone who pulls for Sora and KH Cloud!

Zerkania

Awards
inb4 people come in still believing Sora was a placeholder for that Aqua fight footage we saw.

Wonder if we're gonna see more little snippets of new footage this way

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Doesn't make much sense use Sora as a placeholder to hide Riku, someone that was already playable a few times before. It would also be false advertising.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Cool little trailer, I dig it. I should have jumped into this game earlier.

Quick note about the Sora being a placeholder thing: there is literally everything going against people saying that he is. Like, if Aqua was shown fighting Sora very early on in 2013 and now when she reappeared she was fighting Riku, I'd be suspicious. But there was literally TGS footage of Sora in ACTUAL COMBAT with Aqua at the dark margin. I don't see how that's even up for debate (or what it has to do with this thread).

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Doesn't make much sense use Sora as a placeholder to hide Riku, someone that was already playable a few times before. It would also be false advertising.

Then the entire KH III marketing campaign has been one gigantic false advertising for many years.
Also no one ever thought it was because Riku needed to be a surprise impossible to predict or something.

Quick note about the Sora being a placeholder thing: there is literally everything going against people saying that he is. Like, if Aqua was shown fighting Sora very early on in 2013 and now when she reappeared she was fighting Riku, I'd be suspicious. But there was literally TGS footage of Sora in ACTUAL COMBAT with Aqua at the dark margin. I don't see how that's even up for debate (or what it has to do with this thread).

I also don't see why it was brought up here, but I also fail to see how EVERYTHING is stacked up against it being a placeholder.
What if Riku's model wasn't ready at the time, or since it was still uncomfirmed who else aside Sora was playable at the time (the final trailer was the first confirmation of Riku being playable iirc) they decided not to reveal it at TGS or something, I dunno. They made marketing choices way weirder in the past.

My point is it is totally up for debate, because what I fail to see are smashing proofs of being Sora 100%. It's an idea, not to mention a hope that Sora wouldn't end up being the only character to do important stuff.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's an idea, not to mention a hope that Sora wouldn't end up being the only character to do important stuff.

I can actually see this as a reasoning behind quite some of these claims or at least as one reasoning among several ever since the Aqua-reveal and Riku and Mickey failing has given parts of the audience not irrationally the impression that Sora seems to be the only character to get anything done while the others always fail, are trapped, disappear or being punching bags for the villains.

The final trailer likely intensified this impression even more.

bcsimaoo

Awards
Maybe Riku is the one going to fight her in the story. And maybe Sora can get to the dark World (as it may be an explorable area for Riku) and fight the Zodiac Phantom Aquanort. What we've seen could be optional boss fight.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm gonna take advantage of the fact that apparently my old game was erased (I started when Sephiroth was added and used the free pulls for being new to obtain him) and use the free pulls again to get Sora once he's out. :D

Darvandark

For the Sora vs Aqua placeholder comments, back when I first saw that fight that was exactly what I thought it was. The game was still in production and a lot of the data in the fight just felt demo ish. The health, keyblade, and other factors just kind of felt like it was constructed for the battle and it isn't very difficult to do asset swaps for demos. Doing something along those lines does more than just hide Riku, it can hide when the fight happens in game, how far along in character progression you are. Honestly with how much the community analyzes every tiny facet of these trailers I'm surprised so many take them at face value. The fight didn't even have much of a cutscene before it, just a quick shot of Aqua as a darkling (personal theory, I doubt she's norted) then the battle.

These don't really count as false advertising either since most demos are built out of in process assets and that footage hasn't been used in anything since. All it did was show that she was a battle, which is what it was meant to do while also showing her new look. We already had various cutscenes shown where she is talking to Riku and Mickey and we knew that was their mission.

This kind of feels all over the place, but this kind of thing is very common in games. Just because something is shown in a trailer doesn't mean it is in the game, or at least in the game as is. There are some demos I've seen in games that have little to nothing to do with the final product once all was said and done (Borderlands is a good example of this). Just look at the trailer for Cyberpunk, a game where no one knows when it's coming out and when they released their gameplay footage there wasn't a single moment when they didn't stress that it was in production and something will not be the same in game.

Sorry for the rant but this thread of thought has been really bugging me every time it pops up.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
For the Sora vs Aqua placeholder comments, back when I first saw that fight that was exactly what I thought it was. The game was still in production and a lot of the data in the fight just felt demo ish. The health, keyblade, and other factors just kind of felt like it was constructed for the battle and it isn't very difficult to do asset swaps for demos. Doing something along those lines does more than just hide Riku, it can hide when the fight happens in game, how far along in character progression you are. Honestly with how much the community analyzes every tiny facet of these trailers I'm surprised so many take them at face value. The fight didn't even have much of a cutscene before it, just a quick shot of Aqua as a darkling (personal theory, I doubt she's norted) then the battle.

These don't really count as false advertising either since most demos are built out of in process assets and that footage hasn't been used in anything since. All it did was show that she was a battle, which is what it was meant to do while also showing her new look. We already had various cutscenes shown where she is talking to Riku and Mickey and we knew that was their mission.

This kind of feels all over the place, but this kind of thing is very common in games. Just because something is shown in a trailer doesn't mean it is in the game, or at least in the game as is. There are some demos I've seen in games that have little to nothing to do with the final product once all was said and done (Borderlands is a good example of this). Just look at the trailer for Cyberpunk, a game where no one knows when it's coming out and when they released their gameplay footage there wasn't a single moment when they didn't stress that it was in production and something will not be the same in game.

Sorry for the rant but this thread of thought has been really bugging me every time it pops up.
This is exactly my line of thinking regarding that gameplay.

It may ultimately be true and we do fight Aqua and it follows along that barely a cutscene into the fight, but there's a lot that just didn't really add up. Plus we know they've been manipulating the trailers to remove characters and whatnot so who's to say this should actually be taken at face value.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Now we need fan art of Sora and Aqua fighting over Master’s Defender with each one claiming they’re the better master.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

This is exactly my line of thinking regarding that gameplay.

It may ultimately be true and we do fight Aqua and it follows along that barely a cutscene into the fight, but there's a lot that just didn't really add up. Plus we know they've been manipulating the trailers to remove characters and whatnot so who's to say this should actually be taken at face value.

Throwing my last two cents on the whole thing, thank you both. That's what I was trying to get at, but I lacked the confidence in my observation skills to make these points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back