• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3's ending theme "Don't Think Twice" lyrics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Utada Hikaru's single album "Face My Fears" is available for pre-order in Japan with other regions to follow shortly, and everybody who pre-orders the album gets immediate access to download Kingdom Hearts 3's ending theme songs "Don't Think Twice" and "Chikai".

View the lyrics of "Don't Think Twice" below:

How did I live in a kingdom of thieves
And people who say things they don't really mean
really mean, oh
You're only everything I ever dreamed
ever dreamed of, ever dreamed of
You must be kidding me did you really think
I could say no

I want you for a lifetime
So if you're gonna think twice, baby
I don't wanna know, baby
I don't wanna know
Everything is just right
But if you're gonna think twice, baby
I don't wanna know, baby
I don't wanna know

I really don't get what everyone else believes
So why do I say things I don't really mean
r
eally mean, oh
I'm only crying 'cause I never dreamed it'd take this long
it'd take this long

I don't wanna know, baby 
I don't wanna know 
Everything is just right 
I don't wanna know, baby 
I don't wanna know 

Don't think twice
Don't think twice
Don't think twice
Baby, don't think twice

If you want to take it to an even higher level
All you gotta do its say the word
You know I'll follow
If you want to take it to an even higher level
I don't, I don't bite
If you want to make it happen nothing's impossible
All you gotta do is say the word
Your walls will crumble
If you want to make it happen nothing's impossible

I don't wanna know, baby 
I don't wanna know 
Everything is just right 
I don't wanna know, baby 
I don't wanna know

Kiss me once 
Kiss me twice
Kiss me three times
Cross the line

Don't think twice
Don't think twice
Don't think twice
Baby, don't think twice

Kiss me once 
Kiss me twice
Kiss me three times 
Cross the line

Kiss me once
Kiss me twice
Kiss me three times
Be mine

Don't think twice
Don't think twice
Don't think twice
Baby, don't think twice

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

Skykh

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3's ending theme "Don't Think Twice" lyrics

[video=youtube;BPcu0oj-ZdA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPcu0oj-ZdA[/video]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I fixed a lyric. PJ and I had a very in-depth argument about this but after stepped on his formerly broken foot, we agreed that "your walls will crumble" was the lyric.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Really looking forward to giving this a listen tonight after work. I'll probably wait for the official digital preorder to drop on U.S. iTunes. So nice it's finally happening though!

I'm kind of glad it's not exactly the same as "Chikai" tbh. She always mixes things up a bit between the English and Japanese themes so it feels customary in a way. I'll miss the rap bit though (I'm assuming that's gone or rearranged now).

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I'll definitely order the song tonight, but I won't be able to actually get to it for a while. I have to go to a friend's house that has high-speed Internet to download / put them on a flashdrive, and there's a snowstorm right now which means I'm not going anywhere. Hopefully it'll be uploaded to YouTube at midnight the way new songs usually are and my power doesn't go out, lol.

Leaferian

Awards

So wait, this is only available for itunes in Japan? Hmm... is there any word on when it'll be released elsewhere? If it's only $5 I think I can pick it up.

Awards

Really looking forward to giving this a listen tonight after work. I'll probably wait for the official digital preorder to drop on U.S. iTunes. So nice it's finally happening though!

I'm kind of glad it's not exactly the same as "Chikai" tbh. She always mixes things up a bit between the English and Japanese themes so it feels customary in a way. I'll miss the rap bit though (I'm assuming that's gone or rearranged now).

The “rap” part is there. But the rest of the bridge is different compared to Chikai

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Finally heard it. This is so beautiful. <3

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3&#039;s ending theme "Don&#039;t Think Twice" lyrics

Love the backing vocals. It just reminds me of how unfinished Sanctuary sounds without them

And this is just me being nitpicky over something stupid, but when she sings

“If you want to take it to an even higher level
All you gotta do its say the word
You know I'll follow”

The word ‘gotta’ is just bothering me lol
I wish it was ‘need to’
‘Gotta’ just seems inappropriate for a ballad haha

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

The “rap” part is there. But the rest of the bridge is different compared to Chikai
Thanks! I ended up listening to it just now before reading this but I appreciate the info all the same.

It's pretty dang good. I do think the bridge is stronger in "Chikai" and she really could have brought in more of that backing chorus that picks up in the second verse to tie it in with the last few refrains. My favorite part of the song is how the melody just blossoms as she sings, "It'd take this long!"

That said, I prefer the "Kiss me once" segment here, it feels like it was written specifically with the English version in mind. "Kiss me three times, cross the line" is just so much better than, "Kiss me three times, OOOONEGAIIII" to me, haha.

But I love both versions. I view them as the true KH3 themes, with "Face My Fears" as a fun and unexpected bonus.

‘Gotta’ just seems inappropriate for a ballad haha
I think most people would argue that a rap bridge seems inappropriate for a ballad in the first place, ha.

Another nitpick, in "Chikai" where she sings, "Ahh, nakitai!" [Ahh, I want to cry], I wish she would have flipped that here as, "I won't, I won't cry" or something. It fits just as well as, "I don't bite" and I don't know, it would have been nice I guess. :p

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Thanks! I ended up listening to it just now before reading this but I appreciate the info all the same.

It's pretty dang good. I do think the bridge is stronger in "Chikai" and she really could have brought in more of that backing chorus that picks up in the second verse to tie it in with the last few refrains. My favorite part of the song is how the melody just blossoms as she sings, "It'd take this long!"

That said, I prefer the "Kiss me once" segment here, it feels like it was written specifically with the English version in mind. "Kiss me three times, cross the line" is just so much better than, "Kiss me three times, OOOONEGAIIII" to me, haha.

But I love both versions. I view them as the true KH3 themes, with "Face My Fears" as a fun and unexpected bonus.

I think most people would argue that a rap bridge seems inappropriate for a ballad in the first place, ha.

Another nitpick, in "Chikai" where she sings, "Ahh, nakitai!" [Ahh, I want to cry], I wish she would have flipped that here as, "I won't, I won't cry" or something. It fits just as well as, "I don't bite" and I don't know, it would have been nice I guess. :p

Yeah the “I don’t bite” line threw me off a bit. I’m going to pretend it says, “I don’t mind.” Lol

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Yeah the “I don’t bite” line threw me off a bit. I’m going to pretend it says, “I don’t mind.” Lol
Personally, I like it when Utada bears her fangs a bit, so the line didn't so much bother me as it felt like a lost opportunity. Overall though, I like that this song ditches the softness and waxing-poetic qualities of "Chikai" and just becomes this urgent lovelorn overture to, like, the world world (or something).

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Her voice is lagging behind during the 'rap' segment. Would have been an easy fix in post..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back