• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III Demo Coming to Paris Games Week

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Paris Games Week is almost upon us and a listing on their website has confirmed that Kingdom Hearts III will be playable at the event.

Following on from the incredibly amount of expos where Kingdom Hearts III has been playable, fans at the event will be able to indulge themselves in exploring Andy's House in the Toy Box world as well as battling the fearsome Rock Titan on Olympus.

Our friends at KHIsland report that Square Enix will be hosting live streams, however Kingdom Hearts III is not confirmed to be one of the titles that they will be streaming. Other Square Enix games at the event include Just Cause 4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Life is Strange 2.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook, and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
So this rules out kh3 for possible news and lucca will get the news

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i see nothing yet about possible plasystion media showcase so far and it seems the demo going to be there
As it says in the OP, Square Enix will be live streaming content from their demos. High chances are, if KH3 is involved, it’ll be the demo but with French subtitles but they could surprise us.

Also they exactly don’t need a conference to showcase something new. It’s preferable, in the content of KH3 marketing, but something like the opening does not need a conference or showcase to be revealed.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
As it says in the OP, Square Enix will be live streaming content from their demos. High chances are, if KH3 is involved, it’ll be the demo but with French subtitles but they could surprise us.

Also they exactly don’t need a conference to showcase something new. It’s preferable, in the content of KH3 marketing, but something like the opening does not need a conference or showcase to be revealed.
yeah true will see though

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The marketing format could also start shifting here soon. We could see less focus on big event announcements and start seeing more direct to consumer news drops through social media channels. That’s how a lot of Square Enix’s recent releases have been once they were around 3 months from release. They may still release the content around or during an event, but not necessarily through it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The marketing format could also start shifting here soon. We could see less focus on big event announcements and start seeing more direct to consumer news drops through social media channels. That’s how a lot of Square Enix’s recent releases have been once they were around 3 months from release. They may still release the content around or during an event, but not necessarily through it.
That is very true, and an astute observation. We know the big ticket items where KH3 should turn up but they do need to start pushing things through to the consumer. Give it a proper consistent push of information to consumers instead of one big push every couple of months.

New screenshots, world information, character reveals, and gameplay explanations go a long way and it is something Square Enix has not leaned into this marketing cycle outside of events and it’s a bad decision to have it that way.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
That is very true, and an astute observation. We know the big ticket items where KH3 should turn up but they do need to start pushing things through to the consumer. Give it a proper consistent push of information to consumers instead of one big push every couple of months.

New screenshots, world information, character reveals, and gameplay explanations go a long way and it is something Square Enix has not leaned into this marketing cycle outside of events and it’s a bad decision to have it that way.
true i ownder if disney will help with the maerking as well it there game also

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
true i ownder if disney will help with the maerking as well it there game also
Disney is actually the reason why I think Square haven’t released anything like that yet. My guess is that marketing materials need to be approved by them since they are dealing with high profile IPs this time around and everything needs to be perfect.

I mean, while we got a few short gameplay videos during TGS we need something more bite sized that shows off mechanics. A bunch of renders are missing and even though we jump from one event in one month to another event in another month, it feels like we are constantly in a drought since the only updates we get are through merchandise. It’s why I’ve been so excited to see photos of Richard Epcar and James Patrick Stuart in the recording studio this week.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Disney is actually the reason why I think Square haven’t released anything like that yet. My guess is that marketing materials need to be approved by them since they are dealing with high profile IPs this time around and everything needs to be perfect.

I mean, while we got a few short gameplay videos during TGS but something more bite sized that shows off mechanics. A bunch of renders are missing and even though we jump from one event in one month to another event in another month, it feels like we are constantly in a drought since the only updates we get are through merchandise. It’s why I’ve been so excited to see photos of Richard Epcar and James Patrick Stuart in the recording studio this week.
yeah true maybe disney will lay off the restions a little bit now since we getting to the nitty-gritty now

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Yes, exactly! There is so much potential for this game’s marketing that hasn’t been tapped into yet. I just realized that on 10/25, right before PGW, it’ll be 13 weeks from KH3 in JP. If there is about that many playable worlds, they could showcase one world per week with new character renders, new screens, etc. They could release renders for the Org members too on the weeks their featured worlds are shown. (I also need them to revamp this NA website to match the JP version...)

Also, it’s crazy to think, but it’s likely only a matter of weeks before this game (the JP version, at least) goes gold. Once that happens, I think we’ll see more of the finer details since they’ll be finalized.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
While we could get some new content, with no new trailer I'm not expecting a world reveal. Reminds me of the live streams of TGS when some of use were hoping for one after the San Fransokyo trailer.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
While we could get some new content, with no new trailer I'm not expecting a world reveal. Reminds me of the live streams of TGS when some of use were hoping for one after the San Fransokyo trailer.
anything possible they dont need a panel or mediashowcase to show a world

kingsoraful

Awards
New worlds can be revealed in magazines, just as how it's always been with this series sometimes.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Live streams for everything but KH3? Blasphemy.

TheZX

Awards
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get any new info. Specifically a new teaser or trailer before the release. I'm feeling 50/50 about anything new before the T.V spot.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
My impatience is kicking in and I'm starting to wish they'd release this demo publicly, willing that they did a heavy cleanup of all spoilery files that may currently be hidden in the demo. Even if they were to just release the one Goofy-sledding and subsequent heartless boss fight demo, it'd be nice for the larger public to give KH3 a lil baby try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back