• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X - January 2017 Story Update

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Goldpanner has translated this month's story update in KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X Japan! Find out what happens when heavy rain introduces new Heartless to wreak havoc in Daybreak Town!

Let's go check out the Moogle Shop!

(You enter the Moogle's shop, which has been damaged by the heavy rain.)

Moogle: Look who finally decides to show up, kupo!

While you were wasting time the damage has spread, kupo!

(You see a hole in the floor, leading to the waterways. A burst pipe shows through and you head towards it.)

Moogle: Hey, don't just stare at it, kupo! You're the one who's going to be inconvenienced when I have to close my flooded store, my favourite customer, kupo!

Fix it right away, kupo!

(You head towards the pipe when suddenly, a Large Shark Heartless burst through the floor. You try to stop it but it knocks you back. Suddenly, 4 other wielders appear.)

Wielder A: Lucky! Isn't this little guy a new species?

Wielder B: Stay focused. It looks tough.

Wielder C: Which means, it'll drop a tonne of Lux! Come to mama!

(Note: Wielder D is wearing the Moogle costume headpiece, which apparently makes people talk like Moogles.)

Wielder D: You over there, are you done rolling around on the ground, kupo? You've still got some fight in you, kupo!

(You get back up to help them fight, but the Heartless leaps back into the waterways. One by one, the other wielders leap in after it.)

Wielder C: Chase it down!

Wielder A: Of course!

Wielder B: You don't have to chase it that far...

Wielder D: Wait, don't leave me behind...

(You're the last one left.)

Moogle: Well, my favourite customer, shouldn't you go too, kupo?

That Heartless must have caused the flooding, kupo.

If you take it out, my shop will be safe, and you, my favourite customer, can rest at ease, kupo.

(You head down to the waterways.)

Moogle: Dear me, kupo...

(You find Wielder C having trouble against one of the Heartless and go to fight it off.)

Wielder C: Thank you. You saved me.

It looks like the target gets stronger when it's in water.

If you aren't confident of your skills, you shouldn't bother chasing it any deeper.

(You meet up with Wielder A further into the waterways.)

Wielder A: Look, look! I've made an amazing discovery! If you twist this bulb here…

See! The water level around here goes down!

This will open up more areas to explore!

(In another part of the waterways, you see the Large Shark has caught up with Wielder D. You step in to try and take it down.)

Wielder D: It's impossible to do this alone, kupo! It's unbeatable in the water, kupo!

Wielder A: You have us, too!

(You turn to see Wielder A and C have caught up.)

Wielder C: Leave things here to us, and you go look for the bulbs!

(You meet up with Wielder B at the other bulb.)

Wielder B: Uh.... This one goes like this...

(The two of you manage to drain the water.)

Wielder B: All right, the water should be drained now. Let's hurry back to the others!

(You and the other 4 wielders reunite to take down the Large Shark. After the battle, you return to the Moogle Shop and find Moogle boarding up the hole in the floor.)

Moogle: Ah! My favourite customer!

The water's stopped, kupo.

It's all thanks to you for getting rid of that Heartless, kupo.

Now I don't have to close my shop. I bet that makes you pretty happy too, right, my favourite customer, kupo?

Nothing's changed, but now we are Open After Refurbishment, kupo!

(You start backing away from the Moogle.)

Moogle: Now then, enjoy the freshness as you shop, kupo.

Tell all your friends, kupo.

(You run out of the Moogle Shop.)

Moogle: Hey! Dear customer, please buy something before you go, kupo!

That's strange, kupo. I heard that sales go up after you renovate, kupo.

(You burst into the Fountain Square, startling the other wielders.)

Wielder A: Why are you in such a panic?

(You tell them what happened.)

Wielder C: Pfft, that's nothing new.

Wielder B: Our mission is to collect Lux, and the Moogle's mission is to collect munny.

Wielder D: It's a hard-knock life, kupo.

(Everyone laughs. Later in the evening, you bid everyone farewell.)

Wielder C: See you, then!

Wielder A: Let me know if you hear any good jokes, okay?

Wielder B: I'm sure we can all work harder if we work together.

Wielder D: We're comrades, kupo!

(Everyone leaves, and Chirithy appears.)

Chirithy: Comrades, huh.

You have to treasure the bonds you build with people's hearts. I'm sure it will become your power, see.

Hirokey123

Awards
Unchained has very subtly felt a lot happier than Chi did....I kinda think this might be a result of the possibility of this world being a dream. Like the idea that the player instead of being a mostly lonely person who constantly searched for only one friend, instead made lots of friends...who hopefully don't end up all killing one another. Granted I don't know what is worse knowing your friends killed one another or the possibility that they are just wistful phantoms of a dream with friends you never got make but were still represent real people who existed and failed to save.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
A really heartwarming little update for sure and these wielders not getting dedicated names makes me actually wonder if they are supposed to represent "other Players" like our own Player avatar.
Would also be somewhat of a preparation event/foreshadowing to the Multiplayer feature that is soon to be introduced.

I'm somewhat at a loss though why Player got suddenly so scared of that harmless Moogle, lol.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Reminder that these wielders are the ones that get turned into Black Costumes later.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Thank you for the translation. This is really sweet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back