• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unchained X: Castle of Dreams 2nd story update w/ English Subs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Goldpanner has translated the latest update for Castle of Dreams in KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X! With Cinderella's stepmother and stepsisters keeping her busy with chores, there's no way she can finish her dress in time for the ball. It's up to you and Jaq to help her out!

(A voice calls out from a room.)

???: Cinderella!

(Cinderella sighs and enters, coming out shortly and glancing at the next room as another voice calls out.)

???: Cinderella!

Cinderella: I'm coming, Anastasia.

(She enters to tend to Anastasia, and then moves to the next room, waiting to be summoned in.)

Cinderella: Mm-mm-mmm.

???: Enter.

(Cinderella enters the room. Anastasia and Drisella creep beside the door, laughing between themselves.)

(Meanwhile, you and Jaq discuss Cinderella's predicament in her room.)

Jaq: Ugh! Work work work, they say. So sneaky! That dress won't get done.

(You make a suggestion.)

Jaq: What!? Finish the dress ourselves?

(You nod.)

Jaq: Then there's a way after all! But there's not enough material...

Partner! You said you'd help, right?

(You agree to help.)

Jaq: But, watch out for that cat Lucify. Cats're mean ol' things.

(You volunteer to take care of Lucifer.)

Jaq: All right! Off I go!

(Jaq leaves the room and Chirithy appears.)

Chirithy: I know what you're thinking, y'know.

I'm not a cat, and I'm not a mean old thing either, okay?

(Chirithy leaves.)

(You and Jaq proudly exit one of the rooms with a necklace for Cinderella.)

Jaq: That's a nice one! For sure.

(You look before Jaq and are alarmed to find Lucifer waiting. Jaq is frightened and drops the necklace. Lucifer spots it and approaches.)

Jaq: T-that's him! Lucify!

(Lucifer snatches the necklace.)

Jaq: The necklace!

(You chase Lucifer but he gets away with the necklace.)

Jaq: Lucfy is scary, yes he is. But I'm not worried! I got you with me, partner.

Let's get that necklace back!

(You agree to retrieve the necklace.)

(You chase Lucifer and manage to corner him at the end of a hallway. As you prepare to take the necklace back, Heartless appear, frightening Lucifer. He drops the necklace and runs away. Jaq takes the opportunity to grab the necklace.)

Jaq: The necklace! We did it!

(The Heartless move towards Jaq but you stand in the way, summoning your Keyblade and preparing to fight them.)

Jaq: I can leave this to you, right?

(You nod.)

Jaq: Got it. There's no time.

I'll go on ahead. Gotta finish the dress! The rest is up to you!

(Jaq leaves.)

(Cinderella finally returns to her room, but by that point, it's already night. She sighs and gazes at the castle in the distance.)

Cinderella: Oh, well. What's a royal ball? Everyone would be so stuffy, I suppose, and it would be frightfully… dull.

Dull, and stiff, and completely…

Completely wonderful.

(The room lits up behind her, and she turns around to find you and Jaq waiting for her. She walks over and the two of you unveil her completed dress.)

Cinderella: Oh, it's my…!

Jaq: Shock an' surprise! It's your dress!

Cinderella: It's like I'm dreaming. Thank you.

Jaq: Hurry, hurry! The ball's gonna start!

Cinderella: Thank you so much.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Thank you for the translation you two.

It's strange that the player has gone back into silent mode again.

Trist

Awards

It isn't that strange, considering that this is merely a filler world until the Keyblade war quests are out.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Thank you for the translation! :)

Luxu

Awards

Ephemera to Master Ava said:
...They're a strange one, though. Don't say much...

The Player is just a shy character, but it could be down to the whole "silent" protagonist thing. But I still think it is the shy factor, as they don't become more talkative until they meet Skuld and fight the Illusion Foreteller, and during the event leading to the Keyblade War. but I mean, who wouldn't if they are forced to mature like that? Not to mention "losing" a close friend.

Did I seriously just make a reply about this?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The Player is just a shy character, but it could be down to the whole "silent" protagonist thing. But I still think it is the shy factor, as they don't become more talkative until they meet Skuld and fight the Illusion Foreteller, and during the event leading to the Keyblade War. but I mean, who wouldn't if they are forced to mature like that? Not to mention "losing" a close friend.

Did I seriously just make a reply about this?
You're right of course, it's part of the silent protagonist thing. Still, since the game (and Chirithy + Skuld) were so surprised when the player spoke out the first time, it's a strange development. I think it was the same for the last act of the Agrabah story too though, which happens before CoD.

The reason I'm still concerned which this strange aspect of the player is that it could have a bigger meaning regarding the origin of those players.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You're right of course, it's part of the silent protagonist thing. Still, since the game (and Chirithy + Skuld) were so surprised when the player spoke out the first time, it's a strange development. I think it was the same for the last act of the Agrabah story too though, which happens before CoD.

The reason I'm still concerned which this strange aspect of the player is that it could have a bigger meaning regarding the origin of those players.

But isn't that exactly what Luxu tried to point out there?
It was not until Player met Skuld, started to investigate more into Ephemer's disappearance and participated in Lady Ava's "illusion test" that he/she became more talkative.

Unlike in Browser-chi, all those developments did not happen yet in Unchained so Player being still more on the mute side here should not really be that weird.
Once Skuld is introduced and the illusion test happened and then Player keeps doing the mute nodding-procedure I would say it is time to become concerned.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
But isn't that exactly what Luxu tried to point out there?
It was not until Player met Skuld, started to investigate more into Ephemer's disappearance and participated in Lady Ava's "illusion test" that he/she became more talkative.

Unlike in Browser-chi, all those developments did not happen yet in Unchained so Player being still more on the mute side here should not really be that weird.
Once Skuld is introduced and the illusion test happened and then Player keeps doing the mute nodding-procedure I would say it is time to become concerned.
But this already happened in UCX, missions 526-555 to be exact.

Edit: Upcoming story updates for the International version:
500-525: The Misadventures of Keyblader Wielder A and B (aka filler)
526-540: Main Story (until Black Costume fight)
541-555: Main Story (until Foreteller illusion fight)
556-570: Agrabah
571-585: Agrabah
586-600: Castle of Dreams
601-615: Castle of Dreams

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
But this already happened in UCX, missions 526-555 to be exact.

Edit: Upcoming story updates for the International version:
500-525: The Misadventures of Keyblader Wielder A and B (aka filler)
526-540: Main Story (until Black Costume fight)
541-555: Main Story (until Foreteller illusion fight)
556-570: Agrabah
571-585: Agrabah
586-600: Castle of Dreams
601-615: Castle of Dreams

Eeeh?
*0_o*

Whoopsy...derp, looks like I got the International version and the Japanese original mixed up.
*slaps forehead*

Touché, you're completely right on that part when we talk about the Japanese Version.

Still, maybe this is exactly because all this that happens right now is nothing but filler.
So far I haven't seen anything that looks like Castle of Dreams' storyline is any important to the overall plot...

The current update is just retreading a part of the movie yet again after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back