• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nov 10th - Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ ENG Update: Update 1.2.1 / 5M Downloads

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Update 1.2.1 Details

Thank you for your continued support of KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ! 
We are happy to announce that KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ has been updated to version 1.2.1.

Please see below for details on the update.

■System Additions

- Added the new “Nova” system. 
- Added functions for future events. 

■UI Adjustments

- While in the Medal Fusion screen, if you sort by Special Attack, Medals equivalent to the base Medal will now appear on the top. 
- Adjusted the speed of the fast-forward via tap feature in the Results screen. 
- Added the “Special Attack Bonus” and “No Special Attack Bonus” options to the Filter feature. 
- Added the ability to sort by Proud Mode and standard quests in the story quests. 
- When selecting a Keyblade for a quest, it will now display an animation of the Keyblade. 
- Avatar Board slot unlock animation has been sped up. 
- Improved the speed of the chat feature. 

■Quest, Battle Additions and Adjustments

- If you are on top of a warp point after battle, you will now not warp immediately. 
- Poison damage is now capped at 40,000. 
- Enemies of higher level will now have higher resistance to status ailment effects such as poison, paralysis, and sleep. 
- Adjusted how damage is calculated for Special Attacks that have a variable damage multiplier. The damage multiplier values displayed for certain Special Attacks have also been modified. (Please note that these adjustments are all improvements beneficial to the player.) 

■Other

- The application icon has been updated. 
- Addressed an issue wherein if the “Second Chance” skill is triggered by an enemy’s pre-emptive attack, even if you take more than one turn to defeat the enemy, the game will treat it as a 1 TURN TRIUMPH. 
- Other minor issues have been addressed. 

Introducing the Nova Attack!

Here's an introduction to the new Nova system introduced in Ver 1.2.1. 
Nova is a brand new type of attack that deals massive damage, but you can use it only once per quest!

■The Nova System

img

・Nova is a new type of attack that can be used once you have unlocked the Special Attack Bonus of at least one Medal
・You can use a Nova attack only once per quest or raid boss battle, and you can activate once in a quest or raid by pressing the button on the top right of the screen
・By increasing your Nova level, you can increase how much damage it deals!

★Since you can only use a Nova attack *once* per quest, plan out when would be the best time to use it!

■Leveling Up Nova Attacks

img

・You can level up your Nova attack in two different ways: 
  (1) Whenever you unlock the Special Attack Bonus for the first time for a Medal in your Medal Album. 
  (2) Whenever you max the Special Attack Bonus for the first time for a Medal in your Medal Album.

※Even if you unlock or max the Special Attack Bonus for multiple copies of the same Medal, your Nova attack will only level up for the firstone that you unlock or max. 
※Boosted versions of Medals are treated the same as non-Boosted versions.

(Examples) 
・If you’ve unlocked the Special Attack Bonus of two “Illustrated Kairi” Medals, NOVA will only level up once. 
・If you’ve unlocked the Special Attack Bonus of a Boosted version of “Illustrated Kairi” and a non-Boosted version of “Illustrated Kairi”, Nova will only level up once.

★Whenever you get a new Medal, be sure to unlock or max its Special Attack Bonus as soon as possible in order to level up your Nova attack!

■Other

・If you've unlocked or maxed the Special Attack Bonus of any of your Medals prior to Ver 1.2.1, they will count toward your Nova level. 
・If you have discarded any Medals with their Special Attack Bonus unlocked or maxed prior to the Ver 1.2.1 update, those Medals will not be counted. Only the unlocked or maxed Special Attack Bonuses of Medals currently in your possession will be counted. 
・You can confirm which Medals are contributing to your Nova attack's level by viewing your Medal Album, and by checking the icon attached to the Medal’s number.

img

(About Special Attack Bonus) 
・For Medals that are rarity 3★ or higher, if you combine two of the same Medal of the same rarity, you can increase the power of its Special Attack. Each time you do this, a dot ○ will become filled in 
・The number of dots that you can fill in depends on the Medal's rarity. A 6★ Medal can be strengthened to a total of 5 dots ●●●●●. And if you've completed Quest 200 to unlock the Power Bangle, you can unlock the Medal's "Special Attack Bonus" by strengthening it one more time after the 5 dots have been filled in.

5M Downloads and Mickey's Birthday!

To celebrate over 5 million downloads of KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ worldwide, and to commemorate Mickey Mouse’s birthday, we are proud to announce a very special campaign!

■5 Million Downloads + Mickey’s Birthday Campaign

Campaign Period 
Nov. 10, 2016 2:00 a.m. to Nov 20, 2016 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
Nov. 10, 2016 10:00 to Nov. 21, 2016 7:59 (UTC)

This special event has several parts, which are listed below:

・All quests will cost 0 AP
・All players will receive 3,000 Jewels after 4:00 a.m. on Nov. 10 (PT)!
・All players who log in between Nov. 18 4:00 a.m. to Nov. 25 4:00 a.m. will receive a Timeless River Mickey Medal

img

Note Regarding the End of the Monday 1/2 AP Campaign 
Since we have several 0 AP Campaigns planned in the future, we will be ending the Monday 1/2 AP Campaigns.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Nov 10th - Kingdom Hearts Unchained ? ENG Update: Update 1.2.1 / 5M Downloads

Also new story quests idk why there wasn't a notice for that.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: Nov 10th - Kingdom Hearts Unchained ? ENG Update: Update 1.2.1 / 5M Downloads

I dunno why they keep changing the names of things that already have English assets.

Is localizing everything else, running maintenance, and creating ENG-specific events not enough work?

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

Story quests are always nice. I'm suprised to see Skuld on the icon app though. It looks really nice but we haven't even officially met her yet. Not sure if they want us to follow the JP progress or not... Also Burst/Nova system without Brooms? Not even dissapointed anymore. But we have now all this stuff to upgrade our Guilt, but no actual reliable way to get Guilt in the first place. Eitherway, I wonder how the Nova system will affect the usefulness of the farmable medals.

Decaboyz

So, if you max guilt 5 Wakkas you got 10 Nova levels right? People will start farming again I guess.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

So, if you max guilt 5 Wakkas you got 10 Nova levels right? People will start farming again I guess.
No. It only works the first time you do it. You get 1 Lvl the first time you guilt the medal, and then you get 5 lvls if you max guilt it. But if you try to do it again with the same kind of medal you don't get any levels.

Decaboyz

No. It only works the first time you do it. You get 1 Lvl the first time you guilt the medal, and then you get 5 lvls if you max guilt it. But if you try to do it again with the same kind of medal you don't get any levels.

Thanks for the explanation. Seems like a nice bait to encourage more pulls.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Thanks for the explanation. Seems like a nice bait to encourage more pulls.
Well, really, it kind of makes every pull more valuable too when you think of it. Like now when someone pulls, even if they get medals they don't like (say Tier 2), they aren't totally worthless either because now they can be used to eventually help raise your Nova Level.

For the F2P Player, even if they are only doing the farmable medals, that's a max level of 90.
If you include Event Quest medals, a F2P could potentially add 66 levels for a total of 156 without having to pull at all.

Anyway, I think in general it's a decent addition, though of course it would make it fairer for players if they added in Brooms, but even without them a F2P can still get a decent level.

- When selecting a Keyblade for a quest, it will now display an animation of the Keyblade.
As a side thing, does anyone know what this is referring to? I can't really notice any differences :/

DefiantHeart

Awards

Well, really, it kind of makes every pull more valuable too when you think of it. Like now when someone pulls, even if they get medals they don't like (say Tier 2), they aren't totally worthless either because now they can be used to eventually help raise your Nova Level.

For the F2P Player, even if they are only doing the farmable medals, that's a max level of 90.
If you include Event Quest medals, a F2P could potentially add 66 levels for a total of 156 without having to pull at all.

Anyway, I think in general it's a decent addition, though of course it would make it fairer for players if they added in Brooms, but even without them a F2P can still get a decent level.

As a side thing, does anyone know what this is referring to? I can't really notice any differences :/

I think the animation was for the moogle o' glory, since it's animated with rainbow stars, sparkles, and a rainbow hue that animates over the keyblade.

Shame I learned too late, that you have to have guilted medals in chu inventory for the nova levels to count... sold mine to increase inventory space... and also, rip inventory space, lol. XD Now chu going to have to keep guilted medals, even if chu no longer use them. XD

I love that they showed Skuld in this app icon. Like I said before, it feels like she's encouraging me to live until I meet her, lol. XD

Also, good luck non-whales on quest 500, sheesh... I only survived because I had a fully guilted illustrated Sora. XD

Also+, I personally love the new term for burst being nova! It makes perfect sense seeing how people are often compared to stars in this series, and super nova being a term associated with a star. ( Even though that's the first phase before the end of the star...)

Last edited:

appleboy82791

Awards

I think the animation was for the moogle o' glory, since it's animated with rainbow stars, sparkles, and a rainbow hue that animates over the keyblade.

Shame I learned that you have to have guilted medals in chu inventory for the nova levels to count... sold mine to increase inventory space... and also, rip inventory space, lol. XD Now chu going to have to keep guilted medals, even if chu no longer use them. XD

I love that they showed Skuld in this app icon. Like I said before, it feels like she's encouraging me to live until I meet her, lol. XD

Also, good luck non-whales on quest 500, sheesh... I only survived because I had a fully guilted illustrated Sora. XD

Yeah mission 500 is a beast! It took me several attempts.

By the way, I'm curious about something. Why do you use the made-up word "chu" in place of "you" "your" and "you're"?

DefiantHeart

Awards

Yeah mission 500 is a beast! It took me several attempts.

By the way, I'm curious about something. Why do you use the made-up word "chu" in place of "you" "your" and "you're"?

Meh, ish just my personal way of talking. XD I also add in a ish at times to replace it's. :3 I don't get to be myself irl, so I was like, might as well customize as much as I can online. XD

One can also say ish a way of showing I'm in a decent mood that day. XD

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

Marluxia was renamed to Marluxia A. I think we're going to get the Org XIII Events JP has been getting!!! YES!! Was so hoping the Marluxia ones would get localized so I wouldn't have to wait unti next year.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

- Enemies of higher level will now have higher resistance to status ailment effects such as poison, paralysis, and sleep
Boooooooo!

It's already hard, don't make it worse!

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

My Nova lvl 31 isn't really helpful and now I really regret tossing all the useless guilted farmables I had... Guess it's time to start farming again. With every new story boss I feel more and more like getting Namine early on has been my luckiest pull so far. She's the real mvp and has gotten me through all of them with ease so far. As expected of best girl. Illustrated Namine when?

Looking forward to the new events since the current ones are finally ending. Some new event medals would be great. Or that speed gem, finally.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

Yes, I would love to finally get a Speed Gem for LL. So looking forward to higher stats for my Marluxia. And the eventual Marluxia B. Hoping it's an AoE tbh.

Rael_Oblivion

So is Nova only useable once per quest ever? For example, if I use it to try and beat a quest boss and can't, will I be able to use it during the retry (if I don't use a continue)?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

So is Nova only useable once per quest ever? For example, if I use it to try and beat a quest boss and can't, will I be able to use it during the retry (if I don't use a continue)?

Yes, of course. Only once per quest ever would be kinda harsh.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Oh yeah, anyone know the names of the songs that play in the new Corridor of Darkness story quests? I think they're the same themes as in BBS final chapter but I can't seem to find them anywhere :l

Khuxgamer

I just did quest 500 in my first try as a F2P. I had Winnie pooh with db2, minnie db1, HT Sora APP and HT Sora AB2. Friend medal guilted ill. Sora with AB3. Really easy but not in 2 turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back