• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained X[chi] Releases September 3rd in Japan!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Half of the wait for Unchained X[chi] is almost over! At 12pm JST on the third of September, the service will activate on the Apple Store and Google Play Store.

Tweet translations can be read below thanks to goldpanner

Announcement: KHUx service scheduled to begin qt noon on Thu 3/9/15 (scheduled to open on GooglePlay & AppStore late at night that day). Special preregistration wallpaper offer ends 23:59 Wed 2/9. Hurry!

https://twitter.com/KHUX_PR/status/638667625413804032

To elaborate: it will be possible to download the app part first from GooglePlay & the AppStore late at night on the day, but be aware that launching the app before service begins at noon on the 3rd will result in an 'under maintenance' screen.

https://twitter.com/KHUX_PR/status/638680437368340480

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X[chi] is a mobile version of Kingdom Hearts X[chi] which was released in 2012 for browsers. Originally a Japanese exclusive games, the increase in plot relevancy contained within the game such as the Book of Prophecy's and Kingdom Hearts 3 hints caused the need for an English localisation. After a successful social media campaign (#ChitotheWest), Kingdom Hearts Unchained X[chi] was announced at E3 2015 for both Japan and North America, however the release date for the latter is still to be determined.

Update: Download links are now available for Android and iOS.

Heartkeeper

Awards
Crossing my fingers very hard for the European release, I hope they don't let us outside the party.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Hoping for a NA release at TGS, as well as a confirmation for other territories.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Figured they would drop it on the same day of the new story update. Should be fun :)

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Figured they would drop it on the sane day of the new story update. Should be fun :)
Quite sane of them really. Hoping for a stealth English release like Square Enix does cause they just drop iOS games everywhere.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hoping for a NA release at TGS, as well as a confirmation for other territories.

TGS isn't really the place for western news, I'm afraid. Definitely will not be against a surprise announcement though!

Quite sane of them really. Hoping for a stealth English release like Square Enix does cause they just drop iOS games everywhere.

i h8 u

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
All the more tangible now that Japan's release has been solidified. That is right around the corner. 8D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Updated the OP with tweet translations by goldpanner <3

Announcement: KHUx service scheduled to begin qt noon on Thu 3/9/15 (scheduled to open on GooglePlay & AppStore late at night that day). Special preregistration wallpaper offer ends 23:59 Wed 2/9. Hurry!

https://twitter.com/KHUX_PR/status/638667625413804032

To elaborate: it will be possible to download the app part first from GooglePlay & the AppStore late at night on the day, but be aware that launching the app before service begins at noon on the 3rd will result in an 'under maintenance' screen.

https://twitter.com/KHUX_PR/status/638680437368340480

Also as a side note for those unaware, this month's story update will continue the main event taking place in Daybreak Town with Ephemera who may or may not be dead and the Foretellers so be sure to stay tuned!

legosmith311

The fact that they're still showing KHUx off at TGS after it releases says to me that they'll have something more to talk about than just showing gameplay. I'm putting my money on a definite English release date and probably a new trailer.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The fact that they're still showing KHUx off at TGS after it releases says to me that they'll have something more to talk about than just showing gameplay. I'm putting my money on a definite English release date and probably a new trailer.

It's pretty common to show off very recently released or soon-to-be released games at conventions to give it more exposure.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's just getting a trailer at TGS. Nothing really special.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Why would they announce an English release date at a Japanese-only Gaming Convention?

Antar

Awards
Should I get the Japanese version or should I wait for the English release...hmmm...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Should I get the Japanese version or should I wait for the English release...hmmm...
aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Oh boy oh boy. I can`t wait to see how main story continues in X! So it will continue at the same time when Unchained is launched, aka tomorrow?

I wonder how many people in Japan will hop to the Unchained bandwagon? X is already there in PC form, but as mobile gaming continues to grow in Japan, the possibilities are interesting.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Fanboying intensifies:
2rws2sx.jpg

Oh god, that is gorgeous!

EDIT: Apologies for double post, I did not realize I could have just edited the former....
I am really surprised that Ephemera got his own artwork. Nomura work is stunning as usual, and I think this is one my favorites. Just look a the hair and the face. Ooh....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back