• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tangled World Name Revealed: Kingdom of Corona

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Well everyone, D23 Expo 2015 has finally begun, and it's begun with a bang! But while we won't be receiving any Kingdom Hearts 3 news until the scheduled Disney Interactive panel on Sunday at 11:00 AM PST, the official Kingdom Hearts Twitter has already been raising awareness and excitement for the panel, with this latest tweet about the Tangled world revealed last June at E3 2015. 

While hardcore Disney fans are most definitely aware that the kingdom in which Tangled takes place is called "Corona", this is the first time the world has been referred to specifically as the "Kingdom of Corona". 

Is this the official reveal for the name of the Tangled world? Will we finally see Rapuzel and the rest of the cast in their glorious Kingdom Hearts 3 appearances at the panel? Let us know what you're expecting to see!

Arielle (Master Spockanort) and Sophearum (Zephyr), as well as our good friend Churro of Keys to the Kingdom will be attending the event on Sunday and will be providing live updates, so be sure to follow us on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for more information! 

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nobody knows it is Corona except those who closely follow Tangled or have seen stuff in the books/art books. So this is interesting!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i seense they will start with a indepth of tangled maybe even show rapuzel in kingdom shadder then i think show some artwrk of other stuff then hopuly yoko is ther eto play music then finish with a new world trailer

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The name sounds kind of bland, but I'm happy we finally got a title. Some artwork/screenshots would be nice

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Well, we all knew Corona would be the name. Hopefully they'll drop the "Kingdom of" before the game ever comes out; I'm guessing they only put that there to try to draw away the thought of beer.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Kingdom of Corona. Simple and straight to the point.
I like that they gave us a little something before Sunday. Maybe tomorrow they'll reveal whether Olympus Coliseum has a new name. (With what we've seen the old name wouldn't really work much.)

Emperor

I guess this means we're going to be getting more Rapunzel information. Nothing wrong with that, I just hope we see some other stuff too.

Kingdom of Corona. Simple and straight to the point.
I like that they gave us a little something before Sunday. Maybe tomorrow they'll reveal whether Olympus Coliseum has a new name. (With what we've seen the old name wouldn't really work much.)

I think they planned on calling Olympus Coliseum, Mount Olympus.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I guess this means we're going to be getting more Rapunzel information. Nothing wrong with that, I just hope we see some other stuff too.
i think we will get a new world as well to maybe at the end

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The least we're getting will probably be a slew of concept art, with a focus on showing off the Tangled characters and environments. I can see a new world announcement if it happens to be of a film that is also being promoted at D23 to take advantage of the situation, like Toy Story for example.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
The least we're getting will probably be a slew of concept art, with a focus on showing off the Tangled characters and environments. I can see a new world announcement if it happens to be of a film that is also being promoted at D23 to take advantage of the situation, like Toy Story for example.
yeah and you know how nomura always wanted toy story to be in since the first kh by the way waht do you think about the premise of toy story 4?

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I was kinda hoping they'd leave Corona out of the title and go with something a little more creative.

Kingdom of the Sun or Kingdom of the Floating Lights, anything really. But I guess it'll do.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just keep in mind it isn't confirmed yet but this is the first time that SE has referred to the name as such so we will find out.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The Dark Mamba said:
Kingdom of the Sun or Kingdom of the Floating Lights, anything really. But I guess it'll do.
They can't steal The Emperor's New Groove eventual world name.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I was kinda hoping they'd leave Corona out of the title and go with something a little more creative.

*looks at your location* Don't forget to say hi to Sora for us all!

I know it may not sound that original, but "corona" does mean "one or more circles of light seen around a luminous object;" usually a ring of light around a celestial body, such as the sun for example.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I was aware this would be the name of the setting in Tangled. After spending two years reading articles in the Disney Wiki.

I like the name and it suits the world, but I am not sure it's canon, is it?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It basically means "Kingdom of the Crown". It's a bit like King Regis. A bit redundant.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It basically means "Kingdom of the Crown". It's a bit like King Regis. A bit redundant.

I think it's supposed to refer to the "crown of the sun"

TSE2008_luethen.jpg

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I think it's supposed to refer to the "crown of the sun"

TSE2008_luethen.jpg
It does.
Also "corona" is the word for the ring or set of thingys emerging from the corolla or the outer edge of the stamens of a flower.
356e83b5eeba444219a671c4979b406c.gif

Took me this long to notice the "sun" in the flower...

Corona. Crown of the sun. Crown of the flower. The crown of the flower is a sun. Cute.
Curse you Disney for putting thought into your names!!!!

Last edited:

WaveK89

Is it weird that I have a bottle of Cor--nevermind. Anyway, another reason to be excited for this Sunday. I'm still in awe when watching the E3 trailer.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It's just a name really. Not going to be too picky about it or anything. Cool to hear about it. I hope there's another surprise in stored this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back