• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained X [Chi] In Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Yesterday, Famitsu revealed that a revamped version of Kingdom Hearts X would be coming to smart phones in 2015 under the new name of Kingdom Hearts Unchained X. Today, the May 28th edition of Famitsu has been released and we have all 6 high quality scans right here for you!

Disclaimer: The publisher of this article purchased the magazine. Please source KHInsider on any webpage that uses these images.

Thanks to Kazr10, Zephyr, and Goldpanner we have english translations of the scans available below:

INTERVIEW FROM MR. TETSUYA NOMURA

We have conducted an exclusive interview with the Director of the Kingdom Hearts series, Mr. Tetsuya Nomura, on the standing position of [Kingdom Hearts Unchained X] among the series, its intriguing story, etc. A must-read to [Kingdom Hearts X] players.

[A title that bears the word "Release"]

- Please tell me the meaning behind the title's "Unchained".

Nomura: Unchained means "Release". Not a release with the X (key), but the meaning of physically bringing out something from the world of Kingdom Hearts.

- Did the development of this title start after the launching of Kingdom Hearts X[chi]?

Nomura: I thought of releasing Kingdom Hearts X[chi] and Kingdom Hearts Unchained X simultaneously, having entwining developments between them. However, the main focus has been placed on KHX so the development of this title has stopped temporarily.

The original plan is to make it more simpler to play with a short time, and having the main battle system in KHX. However, the specifications of the smartphones have been improving, further increasing the things we have to do. So we decided to go along to develop KHX.

- Have you not considered developing KHX on the smartphone?

Nomura: The thoughts put in making a PC browser game and smartphone game is different. With a smartphone, most actions are done by tapping, flicking and swiping. We have to turn those actions into the KH style, and to use turn-based battles for short, enjoyable play time.

We have to rebuild by incorporating the current smartphone specifications, making something new unlike what we have in the series so far.

- Then what differences does KH Unchained X have with KHX?

Nomura: The system is completely renewed. The biggest difference will be that KHX uses the world selection like the other series, but KH Unchained X uses the stage system. 1 stage will take 1-3 minutes to play, allowing easy play while on the move. You can enjoy KHX through exploration adventures, but KH Unchained X's main axis is to shorten battles and lets you feel the excitement of "1-turn finishers". 

[Any common elements with KHX?]

- KHX's battle uses cards while medals are used in this title.

Nomura: We have incorporated the vision of extending this title overseas. Adjustments have been made using this point of view. When we allow America players to play the test version, the cards in KHX caused it to be recognized as a "card game". While we receive good reviews on the actual gameplay, we don't think that it is positive to have that as the first impression. The first impression of a game is important, so this is the result of exploring an alternate to the card system.

- I see. Design wise, on the smartphone they are easier on the eyes than cards

Nomura: That's right. Like I've said, the controls are renewed for the smartphone. Medals have frmaes that gives you a better feel of direct control when touched as compared to cards. It is very compatible with the new battle interface where you slide them into slots and turning them at the bottom left screen. As well as the menu controls, this feeling of direct control is a point that we are particular with in the renewal

- You are looking towards extending this overseas. How about the structure and classification of the server?

Nomura: We are planning to add on a new server, but considering the circumstance of the chat function, we are thinking of splitting them into different language versions.

- Knowing that there is a chat function, are there also elements requiring teammates and cooperative play?

Nomura: Like KHX, there is a team system. You can acquire assistance from other players when facing raid bosses during the stage progress. Unlike Raid Bosses in KHX where they appear after a certain time period, based on your actions during the stage conquest, they appear when you trigger flags and fulfill certain requirements. Depending on the player, the boss that appears may differ.

- That seems like fun. By the way, what merits do the current players of KHX have from this game?

Nomura: We are thinking of giving away premiums to those who are playing KHX. As it is our original plan to have an interaction between both titles, this may be our largest problem. Being unable to release them together, there is also a limit to how much we can make them alike since their systems are different. This is one of our common discussions. I personally do not consider them as separate works, so there are plans to add new elements along with KHX as well.

- So there are share elements between the two titles.

Nomura: In KHX, avatar collection is one of the biggest motivations of the game. An avatar is an alternate self of hte palyer when in control of the character. Because of that, we are trying to make it possible to transfer the avatar costumes from KHX to KH Unchained X right from the start. This way, players can have the same feeling of world immersion in both games.

- Are there other systems under consideration seeing how both titles influence each other?

Nomura: Several have been made. For example, the ranking system. There are many areas that can't be synced between them when this title is launched. Regular updates will continue just a usual for KHX so current players do not have to worry. Rather than that, I think that there is a merit for those who never played KHX to play it before the release of KH Unchained X. We have followed our concept for you to enjoy travelling in and out of both.

[It all began here.]

- Concerning the story, with KHX that precedes it, the scenario in KH Unchained X will be easier to catch up?

Nomura: Yes, it's because I think proceeding through KHX's story is time consuming to catch up.

- So we will be enjoying the story in how KH Unchained X relates to KHIII.

Nomura: That's right. Leading to KHIII, it's the most ancient story in the series, and Sora and gagn wouldn't be in these worlds... it will take a look on what has happened a long time ago. New keywords will appear for KHIII if you play KHX or KH Unchained X, it will make you think "oh?" In addition, we thought about gimmicks that would be "good to play". 

- In relations to the keywords, there is likely a wholebunch of them that ties in KHIII.

Nomura: When explained, it becomes possible to talk about the story of KHIII (laughs). However, I will say it's a story that wouldn't really hurt to know. KHX is just a fancier way to experience what is in KH Unchained X.

- Again? Earlier you told us about "going back between the two worlds" and how are KHX and KH Unchained X different?

Nomura: I guess so (laughs). Soon, there will be a hint for the next story scheduled for KHx. Because I am able to enhance the execution of the story in KHX, it will be possible to look forward to future story progressions. It should be noted that in the story of KH Unchained X, which will be essentially the same as KHX, there are tricks to enjoying both of these two works.

- For the future of the story, would you be able to tell us a little more?

Nomura: The scenario heads toward depicting the beginning of the "Keyblade War" that occurred. However, as there are Keyblade Wielders in the world later on, they must not all have been destroyed in the Keyblade War. That is the basis of this story.

- Since it has been stated there would be a Keyblade War, it would have scenarios dedicated to it?

Nomura: The outline is, KHX and KH Unchained X tell the story of how everything began. Why was Xehanort so obsessed with Kingdom Hearts? You should be able to glimpse the reason for that during these two titles.

- That is a lot (laughs). In addition, I think there is a progression between the Book of Prophecies and the Foretellers.

Nomura: The Foretellers are the equivalent to those known as Keyblade Masters in the future of this universe, and from heron out they will start to make their own individual moves. Also, thanks to a character named Ephemera who appeared in the new scenario in KHX, players should have some doubts about the Foretellers and the Unions.

From there we will chase the mysteries of the Foretellers and the Book of Prophecy, and draw closer to the Keyblade War. However, players are trying to avoid war breaking out, so please keep an eye on what happens with that.

- So this means, I have no choice but to play to prepare for KHIII!

Nomura: If you do know, then you will enjoy the world of KH all the more, make no mistake. However, you don't have to know everything. The protagonist himself, Sora, doesn't know everything. That said, I'd be happiest if you did play it (laughs). If you do give it a try, I think you'll be surprised at what a rich experience you get for free.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Unchained x[Chi] In Famitsu!

Guys, I have images from the iOS version and it looks SO GOOD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Can you/ will you / do you want to share them with us ? :D
I'm uploading them now. Just took a little time to put our name on them and upload them.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Images added to the OP!

MarkulaMark

Awards

Quick question, are these all old screenshots? Haven't really spend time on chi yet but can't remember seeing donald and goofy in it.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

This game looks so beautiful. <3 I sure hope that global release won't be too far off.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Quick question, are these all old screenshots? Haven't really spend time on chi yet but can't remember seeing donald and goofy in it.
These are screens of the game on Smart phones. In the game play sections, you can see the addition of a card wheel. Donald and Goofy were added for a one year anniversary event, if I remember correctly.

Xelon99

Awards
That really looks awesome! At sight the story looks the same as the browser version. The deck looks imo more like a revolver pattern, which is just me. But it seems like the gameplay will be different. I could be wrong, but to me it looks like it wont be a 1 on 1 fight anymore. And they got rid of the AP system? And it looks like the enemies will have either weakness types, or attack types.

MarkulaMark

Awards

These are screens of the game on Smart phones. In the game play sections, you can see the addition of a card wheel. Donald and Goofy were added for a one year anniversary event, if I remember correctly.

Awesome, thanks for the info! This looks really awesome for screenshots from a smartphone game.

Pingutino

Awards
Thank you very much Chaser-san!! You were right, everything looks amazing!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thank you very much Chaser-san!! You were right, everything looks amazing!
You're very welcome! I knew staying up to 2 am would be worth it. I'm on a rockstar energy drink infused high now (and three good news pieces didn't help!).

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
After a simple read through, the most important information is that this smartphone game is created mainly for the purpose of localization.
The card system will be toned down to not make it look too much like a "card game" to attract more players, and the party chat function will also be available.

Edit: In other words, the reason why they make this smartphone version is to be able to localize it in the future.

You guys should be thankful since there is no way they will earn as much revenue from Unchained as compared to the original Chi. So this move is really for the international fans.

Last edited:

rogeriskira

Woah awesome! Hmm.. I wonder if it will be touch controls or game pad compatible? Probably one of those touch pad dpads

Nial

Awards
this looks amazing, can't wait *__* so much information all at once, I can't *ç*

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Guys, I have images from the iOS version and it looks SO GOOD

Damn... I can't wait to play this on my Note 4... .3.

About the scans...

+ That character their using on the Union selection screen is definitely a design I would use, lol.
+ Liking Daybreak town. :]
+ Meh, I like the Aladding suit better than the other ones. xP
+ Ooohh! That giant, blue whale Heartless looks awesome! :eek:
+ Loving the special attack designs. .3.
+ The Disney character designs adapted to Chi's artstyle look SOOOOOOOO CUTE!! :33
+ I like those new Heartless that look like coal sacks. xD

Excuse the over the top reactions, It's just that this is the first time I am ACTUALLY seeing down and giving Chi a gander, hehe.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
WE DID IT GUYS <3

So excited for this. I'm really interested in that pentagon thing they have on the third page. Wonder what it is.
Damn... I can't wait to play this on my Note 4... .3.

About the scans...

+ That character their using on the Union selection screen is definitely a design I would use, lol.
+ Liking Daybreak town. :]
+ Meh, I like the Aladding suit better than the other ones. xP
+ Ooohh! That giant, blue whale Heartless looks awesome! :eek:
+ Loving the special attack designs. .3.
+ The Disney character designs adapted to Chi's artstyle look SOOOOOOOO CUTE!! :33
+ I like those new Heartless that look like coal sacks. xD

Excuse the over the top reactions, It's just that this is the first time I am ACTUALLY seeing down and giving Chi a gander, hehe.

WHAT?

Let us know what you want to see! I'd be more than happy to post them here in the thread for you :3

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'd be curious to see your typical KH fans reaction to this game. Honestly it was hard enough to convince some of my friends who had only played KH1 and KH2 to even play BBS, despite them having a great time once they got into it. I'm excited to finally see what all the fuss is about though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back