• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► D23 Japan Expo to feature new KH3 clip + Conversations with Creators!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You may remember that series creator Tetsuya Nomura was announced to take part in a series of webvideos for Playstation. These videos are titled "Conversations with Creators"(detailed here), and they are exactly that - a conversation with the creators of games for the Playstation 4. While the video for the Kingdom Hearts III interview hasn't been released yet, bKvEBVAvUq has shared an image of what appears to be an email about the forthcoming video.

Click to enlarge!

Thanks to Goldpanner via KH13, the email can be translated to the following;

Hello everyone!! Play Community Admin here.

Conversations with Creators is a video series in which we interview the creators of the PlayStation 4 titles that have been revealed so far. Before the video goes public on the Play Community blog, just our Play Community registered members get the next new info early!

The next episode of Conversations with Creators is, once again, Tetsuya Nomura, director of Square Enix's Kingdom Hearts III! He gave us a perspective on the PS4 and on this title that was different yet again from his Final Fantasy XV video that went up the other day.

He gave us a comment especially for the members of Play Community to see before the video releases. Take a look.

I still don't have much information on KHIII that I can release to the public, but I spoke to the extent I was able. Please enjoy the interview, along with part of the new clip that will be released at the event this month.

We hope you enjoyed this new info, please look forward to the interview video!

It appears that there will be a new clip from Kingdom Hearts III that will be at D23 Expo Japan this weekend! What do you think they will show? A story clip? A new world? Gameplay?

Remember to follow KHInsider on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr for all the latest Kingdom Hearts news!

Source: bKvEBVAvUq 

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: "Conversations with Creators" video to have new KHIII footage?

You know what?

He said "part of the new clip." Not a new KHIII clip.

I'm wagering it's the 2.5 HD announcement, with maybe a bit of KHIII​-hype material tacked on the end.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

True, but saying "KH3" generally gets more hits :p #joking

All we can do is wait and see. If they're releasing it at the same time as the D23 Expo, then it'll be out this weekend. And while Square Enix is loving to pretend 2.5 doesn't exist, Nomura did said KHIII will be at D23, so it seems we have an interesting weekend on our hands ;)

Light

faster than
Awards

Thanks for killing the buzz before it began Echo! >.< jk

Yet, I do wonder now. What will the clip be? I would hope for KHIII, as it is Conversation with Creators. It would kind of be weird hawking PS3 games on a show that has the specific purpose of showcasing upcoming PS4 titles.

kngdmhrts2

Whatever the clip will be of (whether it's KH3 or 2.5), we shouldn't forget that the KH panel is on the Monday afternoon in Japan so first we'll see of it will be Sunday night/early Monday morning at best.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Gosh dang, looks like we're in for a surge of information this weekend. I can hardly handle the wait, and the fact that I'll be in an isolated place with potentially no connection to the 'Net just makes it worse for me.

I'll find a way to access the virtual world just for the sake of this piece of information. Somehow.

Truly though, at this time, I'd gladly stomach anything the clip has to offer, whether it's about 2.5 or KH3. If it's about KH3, then even the sight of Ventus in his chamber, done with Kingdom Shader, would be enough to make me cry tears of joy.

Bobjam

Awards

I will stay the sceptic on this one and say that nothing new will be shown of KHIII in this =/ hopefully hopefully this weekend does give us something new (2.5 would be nice) but it just seems like Square are picking their spots too carefully to just reveal a new clip out of the blue.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Since Japan is 14 hours ahead of us, then the KH panel happening at 3pm there would actually be occuring at 1am over here (central time).

Hmmm. I'm wondering if I should stay up for this. But I don't want to do that only to end up being disappointed and then be really tired the next day. If there were more chance that 2.5 were going to be announced, I'd probably stay up, but I don't think 2.5 is going to be announced here.

I don't know. Knowing me though, I'll probably end up staying up anyway.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Just keep in mind that this isn't a public event and attendees of the Kingdom Hearts Special Stage are determined by lotto so there's no guarantee that we'll learn anything the moment they surface within that 1 hour.

Jim Hawkins

A clip huh?

Hmm. How about a five second clip of Sora, Donald, and Goofy running around what is clearly Andy's Room from a toy's point of view. No combat. No Disney characters. Just them running.

That short clip alone would be enough to make Kingdom Hearts/Disney/Square Enix fans cry out in joy for months! :D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Ugh yes. There would be no better way to kick things off again by introducing Toy Story as the new world.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Pretty sure Toy Story has been the most requested/anticipated world in all of the potential Disney/Pixar movies for KH. If they finally do it this time around, the fanbase will rejoice probably about as crazily as we did when KH3 was announced.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Pretty sure Toy Story has been the most requested/anticipated world in all of the potential Disney/Pixar movies for KH. If they finally do it this time around, the fanbase will rejoice probably about as crazily as we did when KH3 was announced.

And this time we have a reason to stay excited rather than fading into a grumpy slump after the hype dissipated.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Please enjoy the interview, along with part of the new clip that will be released at the event this month.

This line keeps confusing me. Is Nomura saying that there will be a new clip during the interview, or is it during the "event", which I can only assume is D23?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Never forget the great data-mining of KH2FM and the untextured Toy Story models of Woody and Buzz...

I wouldn't be surprised if we finally got Toy Story. Nomura's been asking for Pixar worlds since what seems like forever. KH3 needs to hit it big, and Toy Story is about as big as you can get. Also what fits Sora better than a world that is full of childhood nostalgia, and is about friendship. It's like Sora was meant for Toy Story and it for him.

If not footage of a new world, I'd like to see Sora running around in new clothes, and fighting a new Heartless *u*

Please enjoy the interview, along with part of the new clip that will be released at the event this month.

This line keeps confusing me. Is Nomura saying that there will be a new clip during the interview, or is it during the "event", which I can only assume is D23?

Both is how I'm reading it. The clip will debut at the event, then will be shown in the interview as well.

vlaxmadero

I feel like this is obvious that the clip will be for KH3 since he will be doing the "Conversation with Creators" based on PS4 titles coming up. Why would they reveal 2.5(PS3) in a PS4 promotion? Don't get me wrong, I am dying for the 2.5 announcement, but I just don't see them revealing it during a PS4 promotion..

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel like this is obvious that the clip will be for KH3 since he will be doing the "Conversation with Creators" based on PS4 titles coming up. Why would they reveal 2.5(PS3) in a PS4 promotion? Don't get me wrong, I am dying for the 2.5 announcement, but I just don't see them revealing it during a PS4 promotion..

Exactly. This is what I believe as well. It makes no sense to highlight a past-gen title during a next-gen developer interview. That is like if Kojima had talked about the new MGS bundle during his own Conversation with Creators even though he should be talking about Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Here's hoping the clip of the new clip (and the new clip itself) is something substantial, at least longer than the bleeps of new footage in the FFXV trailer shown at TGS. :x

~ P O S I T I V I T Y ~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Here's hoping the clip of the new clip (and the new clip itself) is something substantial, at least longer than the bleeps of new footage in the FFXV trailer shown at TGS. :x

~ P O S I T I V I T Y ~

TWO NEW CLIPS OF SORA JUMPING AROUND ON THE HEARTLESS HORDE BACK AND OFF A TALL BRIDGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back