• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Japan Expo 2013 Coverage

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

For those of you who are unaware, Japan Expo is an annual convention that takes place in Paris, France celebrating all things from the land of the rising sun, from culture, to media, to everything in between. With Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- releasing in 2 months and Kingdom Hearts 3's recent announcement, who knows what new information they'll reveal there?

Japan Expo 2013 takes place from July 4-7 at the Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center. Check back with us often as the days go by. You may discover something new! The event will be broadcast live on the Japan Expo website!

Follow us via our Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+ and Youtube!

July 3rd 2013

• 8:09 AM CEST - Square Enix France tweets image of the merchandise booth (via Twitter)
  • 8:11 AM CEST - Square Enix France tweets image of the demo booth featuring LRFF, HD 1.5 ReMIX and FFX/X-2 HD (via Twitter)
  • 11:42 AM CEST - Square Enix France confirms Tetsuya Nomura's presence at Japan Expo (via Facebook). He will be onstage on July 6th at 3PM to talk about Video Games and his current projects!

July 4th 2013

• 12:45 PM CEST - French fansite KHDestiny just met with Tetsuya Nomura! They will be conducting an interview with him, which will be available soon!

July 6th 2013

• 1:32 PM CEST - Nomura will be signing at Japan Expo at 4:30 PM CEST. This is limited to only 100 spots!
  • 3:00 PM CEST - The Kingdom Hearts Conference begins. (via KHDestiny)
  • 3:04 PM CEST - A trailer for Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- is shown. (Via KHDestiny)
  • 3:07 PM CEST - Shinji Hashimoto comes onto the stage! (Via KHDestiny)
  • 3:14 PM CEST - Olympus Coliseum is shown during an onstage demo! (Via KHDestiny)
  • 3:20 PM CEST - Final Fantasy VII character, Cloud, is shown on screen! (Via KHDestiny)
  • 3:25 PM CEST - The demo moves over to Re:Chain of Memories. Riku is shown to be in Halloween Town. (Via KHDestiny)
  • 3:28 PM CEST - Nomura comes onto the stage! (Via KHDestiny) He is given a standing ovation! (via Japan Expo)
  • 3:35 PM CEST - The conversation shifts to Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, as Nomura mentions he has trailers for both of them. (Via KHDestiny)
  • 3:44 PM CEST - It was revealed that inspiration for making Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- started during the development of Kingdom Hearts III! (Via KHDestiny)
  • 3:52 PM CEST - The conference has finished! (Via KHDestiny)

Pictures

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well for starters, they certainly have much more merchandise than they did at E3 lol. Maybe they've got something pertaining to our interests there~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They are revealing a new Play Arts Kai lineup sooo...*praying for BBS*

But it is probably Cloud and Sephiroth variants...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
lol, i was just in paris last week. shame i didnt stay longer, otherwise i could have gone to the event

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It feels like they're making Play Arts for everything but KH.

And when they do give us KH, it's just more Sora.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i just want some bbs play arts is that so wrong sob

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i just want some bbs play arts is that so wrong sob
Yes.

Aaaah, I can't wait for the day to officially begin. I wonder if the demos are in English or French. Probably French. Though you never know...

TheSupremeFace

Yes.

Aaaah, I can't wait for the day to officially begin. I wonder if the demos are in English or French. Probably French. Though you never know...

I think if you do see any Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy demos, I don't think you'll care about language.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I actually do care about the language :p

After playing it in Japanese, I'm eager for English.

TheSupremeFace

I actually do care about the language :p

After playing it in Japanese, I'm eager for English.

For the full game, of course. But for just demos, just getting a feel of the gameplay should be enough, whether it's watching it from a presentation or actually holding the controller.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They actually use the full game at events like this.

Sign and Master Spockanort had the option of viewing the entire Days movie when they were at E3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
2:42 AM PDT - Square Enix France confirms Tetsuya Nomura's presence at Japan Expo (via Facebook). He will be onstage on July 6th at 3PM to talk about Video Games and his current projects!
Here's hoping that he will talk about something... extra ;)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
nomura gets up on stage for france but hides behind a curtain in america

excuse me while I laugh in frustration

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh well, at least it'll be streamed? xD

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
They are revealing a new Play Arts Kai lineup sooo...*praying for BBS*

But it is probably Cloud and Sephiroth variants...

I have to take deep breaths right now...deep breaths, deep breaths...slowly too.

And when they do give us KH, it's just more Sora.

And now it's also Riku. I do think we've had enough Sora though, so far, in terms of KH Play Arts, in first place comes Sora with 11 different versions (including the 2 not out yet from DDD) and in second place comes Riku with 3 (including the 2 not out yet from DDD). Why are there so many freakin' Soras?!?!?!?

Assassin's Creed Play Arts Kai for Connor and Edward. Yay. What I always wanted...

(is it too much to ask for a Haytham one like Haytham is probably the best Kenway...)

Please tell me those aren't the only 2 they are announcing >_< I bet they are but I should really read some of this threads backwards to get my hopes up haha I find it really weird that BbS has had no merchandise, it just don't make no sense (and that sentence was completely correct lol).

It's because we're American, isn't it? I knew we were born in the wrong country. God damn it xD

The fact that that was stated on July 4th makes it more funny in my eyes lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
French fansite KHDestiny just met with Tetsuya Nomura! They will be conducting an interview with him, which will be available soon!

Nomura%20Japan%20Expo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back