• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Fan Event at D23 Expo Japan!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

This year marks the 90th Anniversary of the Walt Disney Company, and Walt Disney Company Japan plans to celebrate it by having their first ever D23 Expo! D23 Expo Japan 2013 be hosted by many Disney Japan creative executives who plan to unveil upcoming movies, television series, music, games, theme parks, and more to commemorate the success of Disney throughout the years.

At the expo to be held October 12-14 2013, there will be a KINGDOM HEARTS Fan Event where executive producer Shinji Hashimoto, along with iconic voice actors from the series, will discuss their experiences with the series, production secrets, and insider information that is only available at this event! The KINGDOM HEARTS Fan Event will last an hour from 3-4pm JST on October 14th and will definitely be an amazing treat for fans that are able to attend D23.

D23 Expo Japan 2013 will be held at the Tokyo Disney Resort in the Maihama area, and tickets range from 2500 Yen to 12500 Yen ($27-$133 USD) Check out the official D23 Expo Japan website for more information on the event.

Source: FF Reunionaibo_ac7 [2] via Twitter, D23 Official Fanclub

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
This sounds like it'll be such a cute little event!

reimeille

of course it has to be at the JAPANESE version on D23, and not the original one that I have the opportunity to attend. Always something ...

Alpha Sonix

I would love to go to one of these Expos. Unfortunately, they're never near where I live, always far away. Maybe one day. Still, I can't wait to hear what Hashimoto and the VAs will talk about like hopefully their favourite moments.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have wanted to go to D23 for years since I don't live that far from where it is held, but damn Japan having their own with Kingdom Hearts :c

I'm excited, though. Production secrets are always awesome to learn about, and somebody who attends will write it up so we won't be left in the dark for long

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I have never been so jealous in my life :c

But in any case, the event will be super interesting and no doubt there will be images and impressions galore from the attendees!

Churro

Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I have wanted to go to D23 for years since I don't live that far from where it is held, but damn Japan having their own with Kingdom Hearts :c

I'm excited, though. Production secrets are always awesome to learn about, and somebody who attends will write it up so we won't be left in the dark for long

We should go and do our own! :3

Keyslinger

I hope they reveal some new info on the Kingdom Hearts series. I hope they post this stuff somewhere. (BTW love the pic of Donald, if there were costumes for a KH game that should be one of Donald's, being the Mage and all)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'll get Nomura, Utada Hikaru, and David Gallagher.

YES. YES. (and Leonard Nimoy?)

I hope they reveal some new info on the Kingdom Hearts series. I hope they post this stuff somewhere. (BTW love the pic of Donald, if there were costumes for a KH game that should be one of Donald's, being the Mage and all)

There will probably be photos taken and a brief summary by press, then a ton of info and pic dumps by fans who attended.

Yes, it would be a fantastic costume!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
of course it has to be at the JAPANESE version on D23, and not the original one that I have the opportunity to attend. Always something ...

I completely agree. When I first read the title I almost dropped down unconscious because I'm seriously considering attending D23 this year for my first time, the US one in CA. However, when I reread it was in Japan only I was quite disappointed :( DARN YOU JAPAN!!!

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think is the likelihood that there will ever be a KH-related thing at D23 in CA? I mean anything KH, not a whole amazing, drool-worthy panel, but something?

I wish there were like cool KH events in America. I would love to go and meet a ton of huge KH fans like me. But then again, that's why I came to the forums :)

I agree, I know at some conventions apparently KH panels exist but I know of none around me, but I would also like to attend an SE panel or so that involves and the fans. I attended the Re:Coded and DDD launch events and there were a bunch of KH fans though so it is quite fun to see a lot of them ^_^

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I agree, I know at some conventions apparently KH panels exist but I know of none around me
I'm assuming you're talking about panels made by fans, right? If so, they're usually not that good. Or at least the one that I went to. I went to a KH panel at Phoenix Comicon and it was pretty bad. The two main guys up there didn't really know what they were talking about (when a fan asked about KH3, the guys DID talk about Versus... but then said "KH3 will probably be released in 2013 at the latest"), some of the fan's questions made me question if they even played any of the games or not, and in all honesty it was just plain boring. No real interesting topics were being discussed, and it really felt that half of the people in there only came in the room to see if the main guys hosting the panel knew anything about KH3. Although there was an extremely well-done Armored Terra cosplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back