• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Disney Buys LucasFilm Ltd.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You read that right. Looks like the Walt Disney Company we all love so much can't be satisfied with only Marvel Entertainment, which it bought back in 2009. For a meager $4.05 billion, all of LucasFilm's Ltd. assets, including Lucasfilm Ltd., LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, and Skywalker Sound now belong to the Walt Disney Company.

Kingdom Hearts fans around the globe are most likely thinking the same thing: Sora telling Darth Vader to search for that glimmer of light inside his crumbled dark heart? The Last Crusade with Donald Duck, Sean Connery and Indiana Jones? As endless as the possibilites are, we are going to have to wait and see. So far there hasn't been any mention of Marvel in any Kingdom Hearts related products and there are numerous Disney and Pixar franchises that are very likely to be used in upcoming titles.

One might argue that the Star Wars franchise has been involved with Kingdom Hearts, ever since Birth by Sleep, with people going so far as to say that the relationship between Master Eraqus and Terra reminds you of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. There is also the obvious fact that Mark Hamill, who played the main protagonist Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars films also voiced Master Eraqus in Birth by Sleep.

What do you think? Can we expect a surprise in Kingdom Hearts III similar with A Nightmare Before Christmas and Pirates of the Carribean? Perhaps the Death Star as a possible world? Or mayhaps an ancient ruin-adventure along with Indiana Jones? Discuss it with us right here on the KHInsider Forum.

Source: The Walt Disney Company

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
In response to the OP:

8D

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
A lightsaber for a keyblade is definitely in the cards.

Also, more importantly in the movie world, they say they're gonna try to release a 7th star wars movie by 2015 and release a new one every 2-3 years.

This could be very good for star wars OR destroy the series to the point of no return.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
LightsabersXKeyblades OTP

But no I don't expect anything to happen. Nomura has yet to have Pixar in the finished game yet

lasersquash

Sitting on a comfy chair in front of a fireplace ,
Darth Vader: Impressive young Skywalker. But your not a jedi yet.
Sora: Luke is more of a jedi then you'll ever be!
Luke: Sora's right, I can defeat you Vader!
Darth Vader: Neither of you can stop me. Soon the emperor will have full control of the heartless, then the galaxy will fall into darkness.
Donald: Not if we stop you first! *Shoots a fire spell*
Darth Vader: *force pushes away* Foolish rebels! You think you can defeat me?! *music starts* You shall feel the power of the DARK SIDE

The first thing that came to mind, honestly.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Sora meeting Yoda on Dagobah aka Sora taking the place of Luke with Donald as R2D2 and Goofy as C3PO with the rest of the gang would just be awkward because that little green Muppet would just eat all of Sora's food and steal his flashlight

And Sora would do Sora things like friendship

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
My personal opinion that does not matter:

George Lucas always fought for the rights of his Star Wars films and was proud to keep them his own. Now if LucasFilms is sold, disney will make new movies that take place in the EU where stories have already been created and published thanks to many amazing authors (Heirs to the Force series, New Jedi Order, Legacy series, Fate of the Jedi, etc). I find it HIGHLY ironic that Lucas would sell his flagship company knowing the results that could occur. Furthermore, its completely plausible that these new films will either take place so far into the EU that none but those who read the books will understand them OR so close to E6 that new actors will be needed for the active roles of Luke, Leia, and Han (because at this time period they are still young and active, unlike the actors who portray them). Finally, this is the complete opposite of Goerge Lucas behavior and despite my need to see all things Star Wars the movies would be Star Wars in how everyone knows it to be because it will be part Disney and that simply changes everything.

Long Story Short
-Lucas I may have lost respect for you
-Lucasfilms should not have beensold to Disney
-No new Star Wars movies are needed with or without Disney controling Lucasfilms
-the Empire is gone

again just my opinion

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My personal opinion that does not matter:

George Lucas always fought for the rights of his Star Wars films and was proud to keep them his own. Now if LucasFilms is sold, disney will make new movies that take place in the EU where stories have already been created and published thanks to many amazing authors (Heirs to the Force series, New Jedi Order, Legacy series, Fate of the Jedi, etc). I find it HIGHLY ironic that Lucas would sell his flagship company knowing the results that could occur. Furthermore, its completely plausible that these new films will either take place so far into the EU that none but those who read the books will understand them OR so close to E6 that new actors will be needed for the active roles of Luke, Leia, and Han (because at this time period they are still young and active, unlike the actors who portray them). Finally, this is the complete opposite of Goerge Lucas behavior and despite my need to see all things Star Wars the movies would be Star Wars in how everyone knows it to be because it will be part Disney and that simply changes everything.

Long Story Short
-Lucas I may have lost respect for you
-Lucasfilms should not have beensold to Disney
-No new Star Wars movies are needed with or without Disney controling Lucasfilms
-the Empire is gone

again just my opinion

I'm sure Lucas's opinion on the matter might have changed after Disney offered him $4.03 billion.

Sorarocks93

Awards
A lightsaber for a keyblade is definitely in the cards.

Also, more importantly in the movie world, they say they're gonna try to release a 7th star wars movie by 2015 and release a new one every 2-3 years.

This could be very good for star wars OR destroy the series to the point of no return.

I just read about that too. Can't wait for some news about it. I wonder if it's going to be a trilogy...

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I just read about that too. Can't wait for some news about it. I wonder if it's going to be a trilogy...

Most likely. I would be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by all this but I am afraid that they're gonna f it up.

But hey, you know what they say about fear:

[video=youtube;kFnFr-DOPf8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnFr-DOPf8[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back