• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Zexion: Snowflake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
Heyy! A one-shot about Zexion and his first interaction with snow. I think that this is a cute story. Please review!! Thanks.

Snowflake

A gust of wind flew by violently, causing the frozen snow accumulating on the bare tree branches to pile on the flurry-covered ground beside them. The blue jays and red robins were snuggly sleeping in their burrows, allowing an eerie silence to fill the air.

Snow completely bordered the outside of Oblivion Castle and all around it. Not a single sight patch of the emerald grass could be seen, they were well buried beneath. The windows became cloudy and foggy. The leafless tree limbs were covered also, as well as the porch and everything else.

Zexion wiped the window from his bedroom, creating a small circle in the center of the frost, and peered outside. His excited eyes were absorbed in the snow. The appearance of the snow thrilled him, he never saw anything like it before. His psychic power did not detect this mysterious thing to be dark or evil.

So white, light, and heaven-like, how could it be a part of the darkness? Rushing out the front door in his long, black robs, he stood in the middle of it all. The presence of the snow made it very chilly out; Zexion shivered uncontrollably. Without his knowing, someone else was watching him from above, through another window.

Axel.

A small, thin grin appeared on his face as he watched his friend soaking in the sudden change of atmosphere. Quietly, he strolled down the lengthy spiral stairs and made his way to the entrance, where he could get a better view at Zexion.

Zexion lingered between the idea of actually touching the snow or just settling to gaze upon it. He was afraid, yes afraid, to disturb the snow. He didn’t know what it was, but he grew a sudden attraction to it. It’s harmlessness was something he’s never witness before. Coming out of the Castle had felt heartening, instead of sitting in a room and taking orders from the others. Harm and darkness resided in his home, to see something like this was new to him.

After moments in deep thought, he decided to lay a hand on it. The instant his eager hand embraced with the tiny flurries, he retreated stunned. The white mass drove a rush of chillness into his body the moment he made contact with it. The feeling, he liked it. Nothing like he ever felt before.

It’s so cold.

Zexion suddenly fell forward onto the ground ahead of him, something had hit him forcefully on his back. He tried to balance himself so that his face wouldn't dip into the snow, but the cold sensation developing in his hands was too much for him to handle.

Glancing behind, he saw Axel snickering at him. Rising up, Zexion brushed the snow from behind his robs where a snowball stain had formed, then he briskly rubbed his hands together to make them warm again.

“W-what w-was t-that f-f-for, Axel?” His teeth clattered against each other between each word he spoke. The bitter cold was getting to him. “And what is this stuff?” He pointed at the ground.

Axel created another snowball and tossed it in the air continuously. He answered his friend’s questions in no more than a few words. “Snowball fight. Snow”

“S-snow?” Zexion stuttered glancing around him once more. “This is called ‘snow’?” He was surprised at how Axel had the guts to make harmful snowballs with the divine snow. Getting angry, he bellowed, “Axel, stop doing that to the snow!” Regardless of his pleas, Axel continued to make the snowballs. He wasn’t using them to throw at Zexion however, he had another purpose in mind.

The sky had changed once more, it became fiercer and cloudier. The clouds above turned into a shade of dark grey and became thicker. It began to snow. Fragile snowflakes lifelessly fluttered down to the earth, giving everything another coat of a fine white covering. A small delicate snowflake landed on top of Zexion’s nose. It made him smile, the interaction with the snow and himself. It melted in a second, leaving a water droplet dripping from his nose.

“Axel, it’s melting! Hurry we have to save it! The snow from the sky is melting!” Hurriedly, he spread his arms out to ‘catch’ the snowflakes that were raining from the sky.

Axel merrily chuckled at Zexion’s childlike behavior and his limited knowledge of snow. Everyone knows you can’t save the snow, no matter what you do. Zexion didn’t know that, he continued fretting about it. His hands tried to catch whatever he could get, but the effort was useless.

Axel rolled the snow into a larger snowball and continued to make it bigger. Zexion whirled about to Axel to see what he was doing and why he didn’t care about the ‘melting’ snow. “You don’t care do you?”

“Zexion, snow melts if it touches something warm. Don’t worry about it, there’s a lot of snow here, it’ll take it a long time for it to melt.” He shot him a comforting smile and kept on making his snowballs larger.

“So, I’m warm?” Zexion questioned, confused. The snow that Axel played with didn’t melt when he touched it. It stayed intact and Axel was the one with the fire element; that’s not warm. “I cant touch it because I’m warm and it will melt?” His head hung low, he snow beneath his shoes seemed tempting to play with.

After explaining thoroughly to Zexion that he could do whatever he wishes to do with the snow and that it wouldn’t melt just like that, Zexion joined Axel in what he was doing. He watched the redhead stack the three snow balls together one by one. It looked like three scoops of vanilla ice cream on a cone.

“It’s my Snowman”, Axel remarked, as he noticed Zexion eying it with awe and much anticipation. “A snowman looks like this and yes you can do this with snow”, he quickly added in before Zexion started with his endless list of questions about snow and how it worked. He drew two circles in the snowman’s face for eyes with his index finger and outlined a smile as well.

“C’mon lets go back in, the Superior won’t like it that we are out here.” Axel turned to the doorway and did not hesitate for Zexion to follow, for he didn’t move. He stayed still where he kneeled, watching silently as Axel disappeared from view.

“Snow”, he muttered to himself. “Snowflakes.” It hadn’t stopped snowing, in fact the murky sky snowed harder and faster. Numerous snowflakes gathered in his indigo hair and clothes, beginning to camouflage him along with the rest of the white environment. Some flakes even rested on his eyelashes. He stuck his pink tongue out to allowed the delicate snowflakes to dissolve in his dry mouth. The taste of the melted snow swam in his mouth and streamed down his throat. The taste of snowflakes, he will savor it all his life; an opportunity like this may never come again for him.

Grabbing a handful of snow, he formed it into a ball and huddled it near him. Taking a last glance at the mystifying snow, he walked slowly back into the Castle and close the door.

-The End-

Thanks for reading, I hope that I have captured Zexion as an innocent child-like person who wants more to life than darkness, Heartless, and Nobodies. ;D I think that having him act as a child was a nice touch to the story, don't you think so too?

Please review, thanks!

-Sora788

Last edited:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Having Zexion act child-like was very wierd to see. I would have expected him to know what snow was, even if he has never seen it before. It is however, a side to Zexion I haven't seen before. Your Zexion doesn't match the mental image I have of Zexion, but it's all good.

Your story was surprising to say the least, but notably not bad. Make more one shots.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
That was kind of the point guys. >_<

And it doesn't really matter if her Zexion matches your version or not. That's why it's her story. ^_^

lol, yeah that kinda was the point, to take Zexion and give him a different personality. :]] Thanks for pointing that out, and i probably shoulda mentioned above that this is an OOC. well...

what a funny story.

but it's not like zexion 2 behave like that i think.

Hehe, nope i dont think he woulda done that, but i changed him a bit, so in this case he did lolz.

Having Zexion act child-like was very wierd to see. I would have expected him to know what snow was, even if he has never seen it before. It is however, a side to Zexion I haven't seen before. Your Zexion doesn't match the mental image I have of Zexion, but it's all good.

Your story was surprising to say the least, but notably not bad. Make more one shots.

I dont think that I have read any fanfic with Zexion like this, so i think its good to have him with different personalities lolz. I chose Zexion because he was the one who has that phychic power to detect darkness and whatever, so i thought that he would be the perfect person to chose for this (Darkness V. Purity (something like that) -->snow, which would symbolize it)

I was going to chose Demyx, but i decided to use him for this other one-shot. It's going to be about Music (i love music!) so I think that Demyx would be perfect for that. I hope its gonna turn out well. I have already 40+ one-shot ideas I want to write, heh, thats gonna be fun...

sry for typing too much lolz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back