• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Young Wizard Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricG1793

Is there anybody else here familiar with the Young Wizard series, written by Diane Duane?

Here's the series list:

Book 1. So You Want To Be A Wizard
2. Deep Wizardry
3. High Wizardry
4. A Wizard Abroad
5. The Wizard's Dilemma
6. A Wizard Alone
7. Wizard's Holiday
8. Wizards at War

Let me know if you're a fan of the series!

C

Charlie

I've never heard of it up until now. It looks hella' interesting though. I'll make sure to harass Borders into helping me find the entire series.

-Eventually purchasing it.

xD

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
I am a fan of the series :thumbup:

I really love her writing skills. The book series is a really great read. The stories really pull you into them. I like Nina the best so far. Kit can be a bit annoying at times though. Did you hear about the new book that she is making for the series? It is called A Wizard of Mars The bad part? It is not due out for release untill Sprin of 2008 :toungesmile:

EricG1793

Sealightbreeze: It's Nita, not Nina. :toungesmile:

I'm glad you like the series! I think it's extremely good as well. Yes, Wizard of Mars is in the works.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
I love this series. I haven't read the series in a while but I just loooove it. My favorite one was Deep Wizardry. I liked it because it was sooo intense and it was emotional. I also did like Wizard Abroad. I liked that the story was in Ireland. It was very imaginative. A Wizards Dilemma was also very emotional. But, I can't tell you guys why if you haven't read the books. I can't wait for a Wizard Of/On Mars. It's been two years. TWO YEARS!!! No wonder I don't remember anything.:closedeyes:

Haku

<3
I haven't heard of this series before, but I'll consider giving it a try sense the books seem very interesting.

Spyells

I guess no one has really explained what the series is about. Here's a link to what the first book is about.

So You Want to Be a Wizard | YoungWizards.com

Nita and Kit are the main characters. They become wizards and then become fast friends. They face the Lone Power for the first time on their ordeal. And in my opinion they show that they are more than ready for the challenge of being a wizard and saving the universe.:thumbsup:

Here is an exert about the Lone Power.

Lone Power - ErrantryWiki

Last edited:

Spyells

I can't wait for the next book to come out. Who thinks that Kit and Nita will get together? I wonder how Dairine will cope now that he is gone? (I'm not going to say who he is just yet) And I wonder what the next book means when it says Nita might have to risked becoming far less than human or far more? I wonder if Nita is getting more powerful now that she has that connection with the peridexis? There has been some question as to what Kit's specialty was. I always thought it was inanimite objects but now I'm not so sure. What do you guys think about all this?:confused: I'll post more stuff later if I get replies.:thumbsup:

Spyells

There has been talk of a Young Wizard's movie. Diane Duane who is the author states that it isn't a definite but it has been a vision of hers from the start. If she and the film company can pull it off it would be great. I know these books have a huge fan base because I see the books everywhere. I even saw them in UC San Diego's bookstore. And that's a university!

Check out this link about the latest news in the series!:thumbsup:
Young Wizards News and Events

Spyells

The next book in the series has been announced to be coming out in Autumn of 2008. This book is called "A Wizard of Mars." A Wizard of Mars | YoungWizards.com I'm looking forward to it. But seeing as it's been two to three years since the last one I'm having mixed feelings. Diane also stated that the movie may even be out in late 2009 or early 2010 for her first Young Wizard's novel, "So you want to be a Wizard". "So You Want to Be a Wizard", the film project: background and FAQ | YoungWizards.com She said unless she can be on the set and make sure that nothing gets messed up then the likely hood of it becoming a movie now is slim to none. We'll see. I hope that Kit and Nita get together. What do you guys think? What are your favorite ships?:confused:

Spyells

Nobody answered my question. People this is a great series give it a try. And if you've read the book I want some input. What do you think will happen in the next book? Who do you want to get together? Do you think the Lone Power will eventually give up? And do you think the spread of entrophy will be slowed or eventually stopped?

Come on guys this is a great series! If you haven't read it give it a try. And if you like Harry Potter you might just like this one as well. I know I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter. I discovered this series later and I loved it. So give it a try!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back