• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
How, exactly? All Xion did was fix the problems caused by her existing in the first place. I wouldn't exactly call that particularly useful. If she never existed there would be nothing to fix. She added nothing else outside of that.

well it isn't exactly her fault that she existed,now is it? At least she took the responsibility and fixed the problem herself.Unlike,kairi.

Anti_Terra122

How, exactly? All Xion did was fix the problems caused by her existing in the first place. I wouldn't exactly call that particularly useful. If she never existed there would be nothing to fix. She added nothing else outside of that.

wait let me re phase that
she fights for her own self
unlike kairi

well it isn't exactly her fault that she existed,now is it? At least she took the responsibility and fixed the problem herself.Unlike,kairi.

my point exactly

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
People hate her because some perceive her to be a Mary Sue. Personally, I don't think Xion is that much of a Sue. However, she did overshadow a lot of potential Organization XIII character development. Most of the plot centered around her while half of the Org. still remained as two-dimensional characters.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
People hate her because some perceive her to be a Mary Sue. Personally, I don't think Xion is that much of a Sue. However, she did overshadow a lot of potential Organization XIII character development. Most of the plot centered around her while half of the Org. still remained as two-dimensional characters.
that's a good point.the only other organisation characters we learnt more about were roxas,of course and MAYBE you can say saix and axel.

Sarox

And Marluxia? He was pretty important to the story yet we don't know that much about him.

Notice how I didn't list him. He was the only one that I legitamately thought could have used a bit more explanation. Oh well, I guess we may never know more about him.

And I think the thing is, Demyx and Luxord could have been important to the story in a different way if they had given them the chance. Demyx and Luxord are very curious Nobodies. How can Demyx play music when you'd assume one needs a heart to do that? (Xaldin even says something to Roxas to this affect in Beast's Castle: "Art is lost to Nobodies. You need a heart to be able to be moved.") So, if that's true, how can Demyx make art through his music if he doesn't have a heart? That would have been an interesting thing to explore, and probably would have given us a lot more insight in how Nobodies actually work. Similar could be said with Luxord's unique view on life.

Xaldin said it takes a heart to feel moved by art. While Demyx could certainly compose music he might not be able to take pleasure from it. Think of it like this. A computer can compose a song that it knows would be pleasing to the human ear. However can the computer also draw pleasure from the sound? Most likely no. Even if Demyx can't compose music he has his human memories, it's possible he's just replaying the songs he composed in life.

They may not have been important on a plot level, but they easily could have been important on a character/understanding level. But they just didn't bother, and I can easily understand why some people might be annoyed by that. In a game about the Organization, you'd think they would spend some time actually telling us more about these characters, instead of just focusing on the so-called "important" ones. When I heard about Days back in 2007 I was excited at the prospect of learning the remaining members' true names, and maybe even what world they would be on. With the Org destroyed in KH2, this seemed like the last chance to finally get some answers on them before they became completely irrelevant to the plot moving forward. But alas, nothing happen. We learned one member's name, and it wasn't even that great because you find it out in BBS anyway.

I highly doubt we won't learn more about them. If it's true that nobodies can return from the dead then you can bet they will appear again. I think we learned more than one name though. We got some insight into the fact that Axel and Saix possibly knew one another and used to be friends(this was expanded on in Days and eventually confirmed). We got some explanation about the cryptic comments Xigbar makes about "the other heroes" when we see Xion in Ven's shape. This also helps us understand why he seemed to be so interested in Roxas. He looked like Ven, a person he despised. We did get some elaboration on things these people have said and done in the past.

I wouldn't necessarily blame all of this on Xion though, but I can see why people are less than satisfied with Days overall.

I see what people mean but like you said, saying this is Xion's fault is really not a thing that can be proven. If Roxas was the main character he would have been the focus and the same thing most likely would have happened.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Xaldin said it takes a heart to feel moved by art. While Demyx could certainly compose music he might not be able to take pleasure from it. Think of it like this. A computer can compose a song that it knows would be pleasing to the human ear. However can the computer also draw pleasure from the sound? Most likely no. Even if Demyx can't compose music he has his human memories, it's possible he's just replaying the songs he composed in life.

Now, wouldn't it be nice if those in-depth statements could've been seen in the game instead of talking about it by the fandom? Who, apparently, are more creative than the official staff.

I highly doubt we won't learn more about them. If it's true that nobodies can return from the dead then you can bet they will appear again. I think we learned more than one name though. We got some insight into the fact that Axel and Saix possibly knew one another and used to be friends(this was expanded on in Days and eventually confirmed). We got some explanation about the cryptic comments Xigbar makes about "the other heroes" when we see Xion in Ven's shape. This also helps us understand why he seemed to be so interested in Roxas. He looked like Ven, a person he despised. We did get some elaboration on things these people have said and done in the past.

They were just few second cameos, though :/. Lea and Isa left me with "alright, so, the point?". What does their friendship add to the bigger plot, really? The apprentices were going to be important and shown, since it all started with them and Xehanort. I would have been pissed otherwise, but thankfully, BBS is better written.

I see what people mean but like you said, saying this is Xion's fault is really not a thing that can be proven. If Roxas was the main character he would have been the focus and the same thing most likely would have happened.

Unfounded. I don't see how, considering what people complain about the most was brought about by Xion's existence in the game and the need to include her in every trivial thing that was left fine the way it was.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Journey of self discovery + Xion + Roxas' repetitive worrying + silent ice cream scenes = Days
Days - silent ice cream scenes - Roxas' repetitive worrying - Xion = room for potential!!

B

Bodaciously G

The only thing worth memorable about her was her theme and the final boss theme. Her character just wasn't that great to me but then again I could say the same for everyone. Xion practically stole the show from Roxas and the Organization and talk about canonizing a horrible Kingdom Hearts fan fiction trope.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The only thing worth memorable about her was her theme and the final boss theme. Her character just wasn't that great to me but then again I could say the same for everyone. Xion practically stole the show from Roxas and the Organization and talk about canonizing a horrible Kingdom Hearts fan fiction trope.

a;elfd;vc I am going to quote you over here if you don't mind :3

Sarox

Now, wouldn't it be nice if those in-depth statements could've been seen in the game instead of talking about it by the fandom? Who, apparently, are more creative than the official staff.

Why does the game need to say it? It seemed fairly obvious to me.

They were just few second cameos, though :/. Lea and Isa left me with "alright, so, the point?". What does their friendship add to the bigger plot, really? The apprentices were going to be important and shown, since it all started with them and Xehanort. I would have been pissed otherwise, but thankfully, BBS is better written.

Well their friendship helps define Axel and Saix's character better. In COM Axel is evil, no doubt about that. He may have an agenda but he's still loyal to the Organization. Fast forward to KH2 and suddenly he's turning on them. Thanks to Days we realize now that Axel's friendhsip with Roxas and Xion is what tested his loyalties to both the Organization and Saix, his former friend. If it weren't for Roxas and Xion Sora probably would have died before he even got to The World that Never Was.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well their friendship helps define Axel and Saix's character better. In COM Axel is evil, no doubt about that. He may have an agenda but he's still loyal to the Organization. Fast forward to KH2 and suddenly he's turning on them. Thanks to Days we realize now that Axel's friendhsip with Roxas and Xion is what tested his loyalties to both the Organization and Saix, his former friend. If it weren't for Roxas and Xion Sora probably would have died before he even got to The World that Never Was.

And I thought THAT was obvious from playing KH2, except of course without the Xion part.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Why does the game need to say it? It seemed fairly obvious to me.

Because it will add more gray to them, as well as their mechanics. What you said now it's just your take on it. We don't really know just how much Demyx is moved by his music. Because we never got the opportunity to know. And that's where it fails with the characters.

Well their friendship helps define Axel and Saix's character better. In COM Axel is evil, no doubt about that. He may have an agenda but he's still loyal to the Organization. Fast forward to KH2 and suddenly he's turning on them. Thanks to KH2 and Days we realize now that Axel's friendhsip with Roxas is what tested his loyalties to both the Organization and Saix, his former friend. If it weren't for Roxas Sora probably would have died before he even got to The World that Never Was.

I fixed that up a little. Funny how things can turn out the same with the clone taken out.

So, you're okay with them being able to define their characters more, but the others should be unheeded of such because it's unnecessary? I never expected that they were friends (it was more in the novels, honestly), but it didn't have to be added, did it? It would be fine if Axel and Saïx were comrades without past connections. Like it goes for the rest of the members. Yet it happened. And look at the result. Was it fulfilling to know more about them like that?

Xenin

Banned
I ws thinking about this the other day. I was also thinking how hilarious it would be if just for the hell of it Nomura decides to make a character that looks just like her and makes her super important or XIon just happens to fit into the story in such a way she's a main character (Which is immposible but I could tottaly see him do it for the hell of it).
But I thought she was cool. I mean the ends when you beat her she was such an annoying boss that when you beat her you go. "Yeah YOU BIATCH!!" but the the ending comes and your like..."awww." lol. Her VA was so so...I mean what can you expect from someone Disney dragged in becuase she was under there contract. Her name escapes me though...Isn't it that girl from the dance videos and crap?

Sarox

So, you're okay with them being able to define their characters more, but the others should be unheeded of such because it's unnecessary? I never expected that they were friends (it was more in the novels, honestly), but it didn't have to be added, did it? It would be fine if Axel and Saïx were comrades without past connections. Like it goes for the rest of the members. Yet it happened. And look at the result. Was it fulfilling to know more about them like that?

It was fulfilling because these are two characters that were important to the story.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh jeez these never die.
*boosts some post count*

And Kairi doesn't? Did you play KH2?

KH2 Kairi hardly fixed any problems on her own, at least not intentionally. Her very existence was another something for Sora and Riku to worry and get hurt over. You wanna tell me Xion existing made the mess? Kairi being kidnapped. I fail to see how her staying on the islands would've ruined KH2's plot line, even with BBS implications in mind. The most she did was write the letter and send it out to sea, but let's face it - Sora most likely could've pulled whatever Deus Ex Machina they wanted him to and got them back home, or Riku for that matter. It's nice Kairi got some semblance of importance in that way but seeing how five minutes earlier Sora promised to see her every day (a promise the FM+ gave a glorious SoNami twist to, mind) and was then content on staying with Riku in the Darkness, the impact is lessened.

Xion has a problem with her own issues. Riku would've most likely eventually dragged her by the hair like he did for Roxas, making the value of her decision questionable at best, especially if you didn't like the girl to begin with.
However, for whatever reasons of whatever quality, Riku DID give Xion the chance to reach her own decision, thus letting her paint the entire mess in a glorious shade of self sacrifice.

Both girls could've been written better, but they're in opposite ends of the spectrum.
Kairi was a plot device in the sense that left very little place for character growth, development and insight, in great part because she was so passive about it. It's true that she wanted to find Sora but it's her being kidnapped by Axel and Saix and then saved by Riku and Namine that even let her come face to face with Sora, leaving her intentions to be blown away by the hollow winds until they actually have her do something about it, and not go along with the flow.
Xion was a plot device in an already predetermined story course. We all knew what would happen and with BBS leaving little to do with the rest of the members (and some members, seems to me, had nothing to have done with in the first place [ironically I enjoyed Demyx and Luxord the most in Days]) we got Xion development and insight shoved down our throats almost as badly as they can get when trying to convince me SoKai exists without the plot forcing it. The end result was, however, that Xion was painted as one who tends to take the initiative, even if her childish (at least at first) nature and lack of knowledge about her own situation made her more run around all over the place in search of answers - and then she up and done whatever she could, even when her hands were forced, as cruel as it might seem to some of us.

tl;dr Xion had the chance to actually DO something whereas Kairi didn't, for all her intentions.

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
i personally don't like xion for the constant trouble she puts both axel and roxas. of course it's different from kairi. but i don't think the two should be compared so easily.

but the main reason why i don't like xion is the personality. there's no flaw and in the end i question whether it was her that really made me like her in the beginning, or the mystery and the magic that was build up over the years

x3Advent

I don't hate Xion but I don't like her either. I wanted days to be a story that showed Roxas' relationship to Axel and the Organization. I guess Xion played a key role in the story line but it just seemed like she popped out of no where.

I also realised I wasn't pronouncing her name properly for half the game until Axel finally said her name I think. I was calling her Zion isntead of Shion lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back