• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion discussion: Love or hate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I admit I liked the fact that she was a replica, and I enjoyed her freak-out. But, up until the end of the game... she's rather bland.
I like it as well, especially how she was made, and the specific details, etc.
But I don't really like Xion that much. I have mixed feelings, but I lean more towards dislike. She's a little bashful and depressing, and her overall character is quite bland. She is adorable, but still :/

She had potential, story-wise.
Allister Nine said:
yeah...i was hoping for the original kairi voice actor..even though she was pretty bad at it...it would have fit better.
What? You're contradicting yourself.
I like Alyson Stoner as Kairi's VA, but I like Hayden's better. Fits her more, IMO.
∞;4327715 said:
You've always come across to me as someone who's dumb, stubborn, and/or hasn't done their research. Now, that feelings been cemented.
hmmmm
How is Xion going to link up to BBS at all?
Xion looking like Ven to Xigbar and Xemnas, but that would probably be explained through Sora/Roxas. Other than that, I don't see anything either.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Xion looking like Ven to Xigbar and Xemnas, but that would probably be explained through Sora/Roxas. Other than that, I don't see anything either.

Which links back to the fact that Xigbar in his previous life saw some of the Keyblader Wielders, and enough of them to see Ven in Xion. If Xemnas is linked to Master Xehanort, re-emerging memories seem easy enough.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I liked Xion. Her death makes me feel sad. I'm not sure if her death or Zacks was sadder but it is really sad IMO. Plus, I find her to be a very likeable character

WwhiptailwW

I loved Xion. She was so innocent and her fate was actually quite tragic :(
The only brief time I didn't like her was when she was in her Kurt Zisa Form and kept healing herself!

But yeah. IMO, she's definately the best 'Kairi Manifestation', beating Namine and regular Kairi (even though I know Xion was actually formed from Sora's memories, but she looked like Kairi)

Rix

:)
Awards
Xion was a greatcharacter and absolutely not another letdown. I loved how she did really care forboth of her friends. I just loved her personality. One of my fav characters now.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I agree. It was refreshing to see that she cared both about Roxas and Axel, and tried to hang onto the both of them equally. She worried with Roxas when Axel was gone and went to Axel for advice when Roxas was feeling bad. Even her interaction with Riku was amazing, as even with how little we got to see of it we did see it develop, from Xion hating and resenting him, to seeing another side of him when he saved her that tied in with him telling her to leave the Organization for her own sake, to trusting him and confiding in him. I loved how they managed to balance her being dependant on other people, and being dependable, something one can only pull off when they really have true friends.

Her pulling OHKOs on huge Heartless aside, I also loved how she managed to hold her own in a fight, to the point she was self aware enough to realize her fighting style was changing. You don't really see such attention in games so it was rather refreshing.

And let's not forget she's just adorable as heck T_T it has to do with her being such an adorable friend to everyone, but that also brought out her maturity. She's just cute as heck TuT;;;

Grah. She has so many sides that were touched upon. I love her to bits.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I love Xion a lot.
I hate how on DA there's a lot of bashing and calling her a Mary Sue. T_T

WwhiptailwW

I don't want to install false hope in everyone, but there are a few fragments of Xion's legacy that were never cleared up at the end of Days. The picture Namine drew of her, Axel and Roxas for example (surely Namine would wonder who it was?) And the fact that Xion made Namine promise to take care of Roxas- Namine should have questioned herself as to who made her promise this after she forgot about Xion.

Still, I'm not sure that I'd want Xion to reappear, only because it might ruin the story. If a possible Xion reappearance was going to be accompanied by a good reason for her being there though, I'd definately take it.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I love Xion a lot.
I hate how on DA there's a lot of bashing and calling her a Mary Sue. T_T

They do so for all the wrong reasons. Or rather, no reason at all. Someone thought she was a Mary Sue for taking down huge Heartless, "instantly" becoming friends with Roxas and Axel, and then having a tragic end.
Just about every other KH chara did it.
She was more Roxas's friend than Axel for most of the game, and even then both took their time warming up to her so it's not "instantly".
And oh no, they actually brought a conclusion to a character. Death usually means tragedy and what not D: it's how you pull it off that matters.
Really. DA is full of idiots.
You know, filled with people that blindly worship Kairi, too.
You're good though ♥

I don't want to install false hope in everyone, but there are a few fragments of Xion's legacy that were never cleared up at the end of Days.

And that's before the conspiracy theories <3

And the fact that Xion made Namine promise to take care of Roxas- Namine should have questioned herself as to who made her promise this after she forgot about Xion.

I think the most likely explanation would be that Namine would forget about the promise, and hopefully will be left with the will to look after Roxas, even if she wouldn't understand its source.

Still, I'm not sure that I'd want Xion to reappear, only because it might ruin the story. If a possible Xion reappearance was going to be accompanied by a good reason for her being there though, I'd definately take it.

Xion appearances/mentions =\= bringing her back. They could pull it off well enough yet.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Oh, no, heavens. She just had a whole game dedicated to the founding and development of her character, from birth to end. Nothing at all, nothing at all.

when i think about what i love about her, i really dont get much, just the stuff she's done. personality-wise she really didnt grow to an extent to where i can distinguish much difference from her and other characters.

sure, she sacrifice herself, she went up against roxas, axel, and had some moments. but i cannot tell what type of character Xion is. sure meant to be only a filler to explain simple areas was one thing, but i just cant wrap my mind about xion.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
She's about the best friend character introduced into the series up to this point. She's clueless and naive. She can be nasty when it comes down to it and has an undying sense of loyalty and devotion for those she cares for.
It's all there. Maybe if you stopped thinking for 30 seconds she's nothing but a worthless piece of filler trash you'd be able to see beyond it :\

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
They do so for all the wrong reasons. Or rather, no reason at all. Someone thought she was a Mary Sue for taking down huge Heartless, "instantly" becoming friends with Roxas and Axel, and then having a tragic end.
Just about every other KH chara did it.
She was more Roxas's friend than Axel for most of the game, and even then both took their time warming up to her so it's not "instantly".
And oh no, they actually brought a conclusion to a character. Death usually means tragedy and what not D: it's how you pull it off that matters.
Really. DA is full of idiots.
You know, filled with people that blindly worship Kairi, too.

I saw saw someone said they hated Xion because she has a Keyblade, some because they believed she was getting in the way of AkuRoku and SoRiku. (which is very strange because Xion is a clone of Sora) -seriously made me lol-
There are a lot of scary people in dA. o_o

I found some Kairi fans who only really liked Kairi for her relationship with Sora. It's also kind of rare to find a Kairi hater who doesn't hate Kairi for SoRiku too. x__x

Smile said:
You're good though ♥
<333

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back