• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort and Unreality

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
"However, if you arrive in a world that's neither of light nor
darkness, but somewhere on the other side, your task will be far from easy.
If that happens, you must abandon your search--we have failed."

This line from Melody of Memory has stuck with me. And recently I've been trying to decipher Xehanort's cryptic words. In the scene we learn that Kairi's arrival on Destiny Islands was not a random occurrence. She was sent there as part of Xehanort's plan. Getting back to the line in question, he obviously believed that there was a real possibility that Kairi could end up in Unreality. This begs the question, had Xehanort accidentally (or intentionally) sent someone to Unreality previously? And if so, who? Subject X perhaps? Could Subject X and the Nameless Star be the same person? We'll have to wait until the Anniversary event (or the next game/games) to find out the answers. Let me know what you think in the comments.

okhi12

Awards
Xehanort also knew the consequences of misusing the Power of Waking, which may be related to his knowledge about Unreality. The way he (in several of his incarnations) warned/mocked Sora about using the PoW the wrong way sounded like he was talking from experience and not just theoretical knowledge. Either he's experienced it himself or has seen someone close to him disappear as a result. But if people who disappear cross to the other side and cannot return, how does he know?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Either he's experienced it himself or has seen someone close to him disappear as a result. But if people who disappear cross to the other side and cannot return, how does he know?
I stick by my theory that Xehanort and Eraqus' classmates are not dead, but rather, transported to the world of unreality.

Chie

Awards
It's been speculated since the beginning of Dark Road that the upperclassmen were sent to Quadratum, so it makes sense. Still, that scene in MoM is very curious for many reasons.

Awards
its not far fetched that he knew about it. i mean, Young Xehnaort is apparently omniscient, and Unreality is something metnioned by MoM so it was a known location before Ansem mentions it. Just like he knew abut the Keyblad war, he could know about Unreality. The thing is, did he ever metnion it in any of his reports as Ansem? Also, we does he say "we" have failed? why would it be Kairi's fault if he sent her to the wrong place?

Also, here is another thing. The lifeboats were used to travel, to the future, to worlds connected to DT and the data DT. could it be that unreality is connect to the data DT somehow like GCS?

Back