• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

X-Men: The Official Game.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall18

Who else has bought or played X-Men: The Official Game, I bought it yesterday and I think it's really good.
Apart from the fact that I'm stuck on it.
I'm playing as Nightcrawler and I can't beat Multiple Man.
It's a pain in the ass.
I thought it was good that the majority of the characters are voiced the actors who play them in the movies though.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
I played it, and here's my opinion on it:

As far as movie-liscensed VG's go, it's not terrible, but it's not great either. As far as video games in general go, it sucks fairly hard.

For the most part, the levels are very monotonous. Wolverine's levels are all pretty much the same thing happening over and over again. Nightcrawler's missions manage to add a tiny bit of variety, but are still pretty boring. Iceman's levels are just completely out of wack. Iceman's flying controls just feel really out of place in this game, for some reason.

The characters' levels are not broken apart very evenly at all. The reason this is a bad thing is because it means that Iceman might end up going through almost half the game without being able to fight and level up, and then suddenly have to a face a big boss fight just out of nowhere.

I really wish they would've at least given your allies some degree of good A.I. For some reason, both Storm and Colossus appear to be total idiots. Storm cant do crap unless you tell her to by clicking in the left control stick(on the xbox version). Colossus is apparently unable to handle a group of 3 unarmed human soldiers on his own without you there to help him.

The only thing that might've been able to save this game, would've been co-op multiplayer. Unfortunately, co-op would'nt really have made sense with Iceman's gameplay, and it might've gotten to cluttered and confusing with Nightcrawler's gameplay, but I think Wolverine's levels would've been quite fun with some co-op action.

Personally, I'd really rather not get started on the graphics or the cinematic cutscenes. Those kinda speak for themselves.

Anyway, if you wanna grade this game among other movie-to-game adaptations, then I'll have to give X-Men: The Official Game a 5/10. However, if you wanna grade it as a general game among games, then X-Men: The Official Game deserves a disappointing 3.5/10.

(p.s. Squall, for the Nightcrawler vs. Multiple Man fight, one of the things you need to remember is to teleport onto one of the light poles and heal every now and then when you need to. If you get on top of the light pole on the opposite side of the arena that you're already at, then you should have a good amount of time to heal before Multiple Man has time to get over there, multiply, and start shooting at you.)

Squall18

J4p4N3s3~61RL said:
I played it, and here's my opinion on it:

As far as movie-liscensed VG's go, it's not terrible, but it's not great either. As far as video games in general go, it sucks fairly hard.

For the most part, the levels are very monotonous. Wolverine's levels are all pretty much the same thing happening over and over again. Nightcrawler's missions manage to add a tiny bit of variety, but are still pretty boring. Iceman's levels are just completely out of wack. Iceman's flying controls just feel really out of place in this game, for some reason.

The characters' levels are not broken apart very evenly at all. The reason this is a bad thing is because it means that Iceman might end up going through almost half the game without being able to fight and level up, and then suddenly have to a face a big boss fight just out of nowhere.

I really wish they would've at least given your allies some degree of good A.I. For some reason, both Storm and Colossus appear to be total idiots. Storm cant do crap unless you tell her to by clicking in the left control stick(on the xbox version). Colossus is apparently unable to handle a group of 3 unarmed human soldiers on his own without you there to help him.

The only thing that might've been able to save this game, would've been co-op multiplayer. Unfortunately, co-op would'nt really have made sense with Iceman's gameplay, and it might've gotten to cluttered and confusing with Nightcrawler's gameplay, but I think Wolverine's levels would've been quite fun with some co-op action.

Personally, I'd really rather not get started on the graphics or the cinematic cutscenes. Those kinda speak for themselves.

Anyway, if you wanna grade this game among other movie-to-game adaptations, then I'll have to give X-Men: The Official Game a 5/10. However, if you wanna grade it as a general game among games, then X-Men: The Official Game deserves a disappointing 3.5/10.

(p.s. Squall, for the Nightcrawler vs. Multiple Man fight, one of the things you need to remember is to teleport onto one of the light poles and heal every now and then when you need to. If you get on top of the light pole on the opposite side of the arena that you're already at, then you should have a good amount of time to heal before Multiple Man has time to get over there, multiply, and start shooting at you.)

Cheers for the tip, I'll try again and see if I can win this time.:D

supercallo

i bought it the day it came out with high hopes, expecting it to be another wolverine's revenge (which most poeple hated but i loved) and i have to say that xmen the official game gets a 5 out of ten, plus a bonus point for being an xmen game...so 6 out of ten i guess. altough i would make it a complete 9/10 if they only took the time to add REAL cutscenes!! that makes me mad!!! they were too worried about having it out before the movie that they didnt pay enough attention to quality and thats why i scored it so low. oh yeah, Nightcrawler kicks ASS

E

Eclipse

Why on earth do you guys even TRY/PLAY movie based VG?

It's not worth it. EVER. It is never good or works out.

all movie based vg suck....period.

Spiderman was pretty good/ok. But other than that, they ALL suck.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
ill be getting X3 game just to find out wtf happened to nightcrawler.

is this game the link between x2 and x3?

spiderman 2 was a great game. spiderman 3 will hopefully be good.

what was that spiderman ultimate like? the one with cellshaded graphics?

i personally think they should make a game, following the original Animated series. and make it relatively like spiderman, as far as free roam goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back