• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you prefer if roles were switched?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry

if Aqua was asleep, Ven was possessed and Terra was in the ROD? instead of what we got.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Aqua asleep sounds too much like yet another female character waiting to be saved to me.
I like Terra in the RoD, having to actually pay for his overuse of Darkness.

Personally I would leave Ven sleeping, and switch Terra and Aqua just for funzies.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Absolutely not. Neither Ven or Terra could carry a game, not even as short as 0.2. And we indeed have had enough of damsels in distress and Aqua being the one to save her friends is good and exactly how it should be. Switching Terra and Ven woud be kind of boring too, since Ven already has his darkness to fight (Vanitas) and Terra didn't really do anything right in BBS so giving him no chance to redeem himself and instead just make him sleep wouldn't be as interesting.

appleboy82791

Awards
I think it's perfect the way it is. I'm glad Ven is sleeping. I hated him anyway. He's just a whiney little bitch. Ven being asleep means we don't have to deal with him all that much and that's a win for me. I would hate to see Aqua asleep. I love Aqua. I'm very happy that we get more of her. She's by far my favorite character in all of KH. Yes, I mean that. Even more than Sora.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Absolutely not. Neither Ven or Terra could carry a game, not even as short as 0.2. And we indeed have had enough of damsels in distress and Aqua being the one to save her friends is good and exactly how it should be. Switching Terra and Ven woud be kind of boring too, since Ven already has his darkness to fight (Vanitas) and Terra didn't really do anything right in BBS so giving him no chance to redeem himself and instead just make him sleep wouldn't be as interesting.

THIS. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Terra hardly did anything substantial in Birth by Sleep, we're just told he's doing bad things. That would be sooo uninteresting to play through for 0.2 or whatever, Aqua's the far better choice.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Honestly?

Aqua > Ven >>>>>>>>(...)>>>>> Terra.
So, no, I wouldn't prefer that at all. 0.2 would've been diddlying boring and just stupid with Terra. And Aqua being asleep would take away her individuality (not being a damsel in distress). Ven… I dunno. He just… ugh. I never cared enough for him tbh. I couldn't care less if he would be taken by Xehanort or if he'd be in the RoD.

Everything's prefect the way it is.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That depends? If it's only their fates that change, this means while Ven becomes Apprentice Xehanort (and later Ansem and Xemnas) he still has a connection to Sora due to his newborn heart "joining"/"touching"/whatevering Ven's.
Aqua wouldn't have such a connection, so when she falls asleep due to heart damage, she may not have anyone to go to, unless her accidental Keyblade bequeathing to Kairi is good enough. XD
And this both would affect Roxas and Namine, at least their hair color.
Terra would just be Terra and do Terra things in the RoD.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Nah. Terra being the one possessed made Ansem, SoD and Xemnas into eyecandy. Plus Aqua being the one in the RoS instead of ending up asleep is less predictable than you'd have expected from KH. And I like the way their fates superficially correspond to their princess worlds, particularly Aqua having to hold onto hope for a long period of time in a hopeless situation like Cinderella.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
To be fair, it's not like Aqua in 0.2 was this amazing and unforgettable performance.
When she wasn't watching illusions, she was moping about how everything was darkness.

And it's not against Aqua, it's... it's how the game went. There is only so much interaction the RoD can offer. From thisd point 0,2 was but an expanded Secret Episode, but that was kinda predictable
It would've been the very same with Terra or Ven. I don't see how Terra could've moped less better.

How is facing years of Darkness and trying to prevent it from pouring and helping Mickey to close the Door to Darkness not redeeming oneself?
It would've been more redeeming than sitting in a desert waiting to pummel Sora.

THIS. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Terra hardly did anything substantial in Birth by Sleep, we're just told he's doing bad things. That would be sooo uninteresting to play through for 0.2 or whatever, Aqua's the far better choice.

What. How. He battled two masters and created a living armor/Force Ghost ripoff with which he battled himself. Gave Keyblade to Riku. Gave eyepatch to Braig. Gave Xehanort a body.

Again, I don't think it was the character the selling point of 0.2, meaning not how the character emoted or related. I feel the script adapted to kinda everyone. There was literally nothing that made me think "okay, this is totally an Aqua only moment."

Let's be clear: it's not that you HAVE to like Terra being in Aqua's place or that it would've been better, it's just that you guys are mostly saying Terra would've been boring, while I don't think Aqua made the story special or unique in some way, aside from being many players' waifu.

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I mean I'm sure Ventus and Terra could carry a game just as much as Aqua can, since Aqua sucked no less than them in BBS. Thing is: I don't WANT to see Terra carry a game. Would love me some more Ventus though. I still think it works fine the way it is now.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
How is facing years of Darkness and trying to prevent it from pouring and helping Mickey to close the Door to Darkness not redeeming oneself?
It would've been more redeeming than sitting in a desert waiting to pummel Sora.

What? I said that I didn't want Terra to be asleep like Ven is, because then he wouldn't be able to redeem himself, not that he hasn't been doing so in the actual canon. I disagree that Terra was interesting in BBS, but I did like his role in 0.2, which is exactly why I'm glad their roles are what they are and not switched.

It's just personal preference, but I do feel that 0.2 wouldn't have been as good with Terra or Ven in lead. Ven would just feel like Sora unless they would have taken the time to actually give him personality, which I doubt, and I'm just not a fan of Terra. Part of it is definitely also that I like Aqua's fighting style most and I feel it gave a good demo for KH3, showcasing the spells and all. But I guess it would all depend on just how much their roles were changed.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
What? I said that I didn't want Terra to be asleep like Ven is, because then he wouldn't be able to redeem himself, not that he hasn't been doing so in the actual canon. I disagree that Terra was interesting in BBS, but I did like his role in 0.2, which is exactly why I'm glad their roles are what they are and not switched.

It's just personal preference, but I do feel that 0.2 wouldn't have been as good with Terra or Ven in lead. Ven would just feel like Sora unless they would have taken the time to actually give him personality, which I doubt, and I'm just not a fan of Terra. Part of it is definitely also that I like Aqua's fighting style most and I feel it gave a good demo for KH3, showcasing the spells and all. But I guess it would all depend on just how much their roles were changed.

Oooooh, wait.
I'm dumb. I actually completely misunderstood your first message.
I apologize.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Imo this has nothing to do with her being many players' waifu. At least for me it doesn't. Terra's stupidity in BBS just made me hate him and Aqua is literally the most likeable person in the trio (imo). 0.2 with Terra would simply have been a drag since I also can't stand his VA (he sounds so bored and uninterested the whole time, though I admit it might be the voice direction).

And of course the character was the selling point. Would you have played through 0.2 and thought the same stuff as you did when you would've played as, say, Young!Kairi? (I'm aware this is a stupid example, still)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It wasn't about the character's recognition or likeability.
What I meant was that 0.2's story and script weren't really locked into Aqua, meaning that wasn't a scene that made me think it wouldn't have worked with Terra or Ven.

Recognizing the fallen worlds = all three of them visited those worlds.
Being depressed about being in the RoD = I think everyone but the Norts might relate to this.
Meeting the other two of the trio = still would've worked with the other two.
Meeting Mickey = a bit more clunky and less confidential if it was Terra, having never interacted, but still doable.
Recognizing Destiny's Islands/ Sora and Riku's names = Ven would've been weaker on the second part, but again Terra could've had an epiphany moment upon hearing Riku just like Aqua
Getting the resolve of staying in the RoD and keep battling = BbS' entire point was for the three to strenghten their resolves and make amend.

Again, I'm not saying it would've been better. And of course one is totally free to say they like Aqua more so there (I'm starting to dig an AU with Terra, actually, but that's me).
It's just that I don't see a 0.2 starring Terra totally undoable.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Actually if it was Terra in the RoD, he might have been able to escape. Given his power over darkness he could have just opened a corridor and left, lol.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Actually if it was Terra in the RoD, he might have been able to escape. Given his power over darkness he could have just opened a corridor and left, lol.

Hmm, this makes me wonder why Aqua couldn't escape when Destiny Island was returned from the Dark Realm, we see her on the beach, and it's apparently the end of KH1 since the light is falling from the sky and she said something about the worlds being restored or something? I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. Mickey said that a pathway opens when a world falls into the Dark Realm, so wouldn't the same happen when they return?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hmm, this makes me wonder why Aqua couldn't escape when Destiny Island was returned from the Dark Realm, we see her on the beach, and it's apparently the end of KH1 since the light is falling from the sky and she said something about the worlds being restored or something? I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. Mickey said that a pathway opens when a world falls into the Dark Realm, so wouldn't the same happen when they return?

Well, you only go back to the world that you originally belong to, if I'm correct. Kairi was sent to Destiny Islands because that's her new homeland, but Aqua never belonged there to begin with, so she wouldn't be able to follow the path to the realm of light. That, and Mickey never really explained to her how he got there to begin with, so why would she know how to get out, and how would she?

Maybe I'm wrong, that's just what I interpreted from the ending. I buy it.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
But they closed that pathway, did they not?
Aqua and Mickey were in the Dark version of Destiny Islands, meaning the other side of the Door. Once the Door was closed, they couldn't go.
Mickey and Riku then drifted to Castle Oblivion while Aqua remained in the RoD.

About Terra, not sure he learned that ability. In BbS he still used Light portals till the end. It is possible that while having enough power to do it, he never learned how. (Granted he would've figured out since DiZ was able to)

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I suppose. It just looks a bit strange that she's laying on the beach and says "The worlds are being restored" and then the Destiny Island just vanishes under her. Just feels to me that if it's being pulled from the RoD back to the light she could go with it, but guess not.

Now that I think about it though, it could have been interesting if Aqua was the one being possessed by grampa. The whole thing in BBS with everyone suspecting Terra, and then it would have turned out to that Aqua, who was made a master and seemed to be all about morals and light, was the one to get taken by darkness. Also nort Aqua might look pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back