• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worse strat book to get

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hitokiri2006

Brady games!

That book is simply horrible! It's 200+ pages of pictures. It doesnt tell you anything. There isnt even a keyblade listing! They dont properly tell you where or how to get the items and their strats for beating leaders is stupid. They always tell you to hit them with limits ir summons for max damage, but I always button mashed and took out much more!

Then again, KH2 was a bit disapointing in that aspect. But thats another story altogether.

I

inhiding

The maps helped me a lot with the treasure chest locations actually, and I didn't really have to use the text portion of the guide even, because everything was so self-explanatory.

For the most part though, I agree, but I don't quite regret buying the guide.

hitokiri2006

at least the guide i got for KH1 gave you tips before a major battle.
Like "time to equip this" or "now you should go synthesize this weapon, heres how you do that"

this one really didnt tell you anything. As for treasures, I found 98% of them on my own. I was afraid I was going to miss important items (hell, i havent used one drive recovery item yet), but everything was so linear that the book wasnt needed. I suppose its not entirely the books fault, but they could have been more thorough

Roxas Sorrows

I hate the SG too. I got barely any information. I wasn't told where the orichalcum+'s were, so I had to find every one of them with the help of the users here.

I

inhiding

Roxas Sorrows said:
I wasn't told where the orichalcum+'s were
Uh, yes, you were told that in the back of the guide, in the Synthesis Materials section.

E

Eclipse

the SG did suck..i haven't used it once, except for looking for synthesis items

even then...i was looking for the Assassin nobody (they are only found in one room in TWTNW) and all it said was "found in TWTNW" i had to come here to ask for help

the book didn't help squat with xaldin, i just beat him on my own

the book was a waste of 30$ in my opinion, and the jiminy journal is hardly a described "art book"

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xD I like the pictures, thats why I buy strategy guides anyway, I never actually use them. Thats boring.

And BTW: The strategy guide does have a keyblade list.

RikusGirl55

i didn't think it was that great but at least it would help a little...most of the guide though was pretty vague

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
hitokiri2006 said:
Brady games!

That book is simply horrible! It's 200+ pages of pictures. It doesnt tell you anything. There isnt even a keyblade listing! They dont properly tell you where or how to get the items and their strats for beating leaders is stupid. They always tell you to hit them with limits ir summons for max damage, but I always button mashed and took out much more!

Then again, KH2 was a bit disapointing in that aspect. But thats another story altogether.

The only thing I buy strategy guides for is the pictures, so that's a huge plus for me.

Come on, why buy a guide to pass the game? There are free (and more detailed walkthroughs) at www.gamefaqs.com

Zari

Website
tatsu-no-otoshigo.50webs.com
Uh...they're called strategy guides...so you, the player, can build a STRATEGY! If it did the same stuff that KH1's guide did, they'd call it a walkthrough; that's because it "walks you through" the game.

Though, yes, the pictures are extrememly helpful.

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
hitokiri2006 said:
Brady games!

There is a keyblade list. It's in the first pages that list all abilites of Sora etc....

hitokiri2006

inhiding said:
Uh, yes, you were told that in the back of the guide, in the Synthesis Materials section.

It BARELY told you!

It just gave you a hint of 6 places and didnt even tell you to complete the synthesis list to get one.

I was tyring to figure out where the hell the goddess of fate cup was being held. The book certainly didnt tell me when it would appear!

What they needed to do was give you a heads up in the chapter of the book you were in! It just told you "go here, run there, fight that boss, the end" 200+ pages and if you had to enter in the text alone, maybe, just MAYBE it might have lasted 3 pages. And I'm being gracious on that.

I remember the FF7 book. Holy crap man, THAT was detailed! Not one freekin stone left unturned!

hitokiri2006

MegaFlare said:
The only thing I buy strategy guides for is the pictures, so that's a huge plus for me.

Come on, why buy a guide to pass the game? There are free (and more detailed walkthroughs) at www.gamefaqs.com

Actually, those walkthroughs were very dated and probably for the japanese version (when i looked) So some things were a bit different. But regardless, I need pictures to find my place at times.

Even so, I really dont buy RPG's for the game, rather, for the story. And I want the RIGHT story. I dont feel like struggling to get through it. I'm a sucker for a good storyline.

almostawhisper

Nothing was like in sequential order for the worlds, it would skip sections and list them in the objective list. the treasure maps of the city kind of helped me a little

I

inhiding

square-enix said:
the worst strat book would atucally be Dragon Quest 8
$30?? i got mine for 18
We're talking about the limited edition guide here.

Anyway hitokiri, for the most part, I still agree, but usually I read ahead to see if there was gonna be something new in the 100 Acre Wood, Atlantica, Olyumpus Coliseum available in small green boxes after finishing such and such, so that worked as my "heads up," and I used the maps take me wherever when the map in the game itself wasn't yet available. Yes, maybe they could've made the guide more detailed, but it wasn't a complete waste of cash in my opinion. It just shouldn't be selling as much as they're currently selling it, is all.

YaibaTatsuJin

Website
www.myspace.com
hitokiri2006 said:
Brady games!

It's Brady games. What do you expect? Althought since I have it too, it helped me finding treasures and tips on how to beat the Parodox cup from Olympus Colliseum. Get the limited edtion strategy book. It has lots and lots more of information about KH2.

I

inhiding

YaibaTatsuJin said:
Get the limited edtion strategy book. It has lots and lots more of information about KH2.
I'm sure it has about as much info as the regular strategy guide. All the limited edition book was just a limited edition cover, Jiminy's Journal, and a box cover to keep the two books in. Not worth 30 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back