• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will the Xbox 360 or X1 get the remixes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooly

Can I go 2/2 here?

With the KH3 multi-platform news, are there good odds either system sees the HD ReMiXes brought to them? I don't think Microsoft will just throw KH3 into the mix.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I don't think so. Sony has been boasting exclusivity to this one.. maybe 2.5 could be brought to Xbox, but certainly not 1.5.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Not much of a point; Square doesn't seem to have much of a fanbase when it comes to 360 owners, and I doubt X1 would do any better.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They said they have no plans for other games to go onto the Xbox.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What Chaser said. When Hashimoto was asked about it this morning, he said there are no plans and to consult alternative mediums to catch up (novels, manga, you get the idea).

axel95

Awards
Yeah, there is absolutely no chance. The games were originally made for PS2 so I think it would be easier for the dev team to put it on PS3 instead of converting to the 360. But don't quote me on that though, I don't know much about this stuff.

Nexus

Bit of a shame really since, I'm mainly a Xbox freak this generation. It would be cool if 2.5 gets released on 360, I'm still fine with the PS3 version, but I have a soft spot for the Xbox Controller.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
XBOX doesn't deserve KH3 it's been a Sony/Nintendo game and nothing more. They are only releasing it on the XBOX1 because they want to make more money and that's it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
XBOX doesn't deserve KH3 it's been a Sony/Nintendo game and nothing more. They are only releasing it on the XBOX1 because they want to make more money and that's it.

It has nothing to do with what something does or doesn't deserve. And in the end, it'll be good for them and the series to get more exposure and introduce more players to the series. That's something we can't be bitter about, unless you happen to hate people lol

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
ehhh I don't hate people though I don't like them. I agree that will bring in more people to the series and is a good thing but I just don't think it's right that the Xbox1 is getting KH3 I know we had this discussion before but it's just what I think. It just doesn't settle right and alot of people on the KH Facebook page are responding the same way as I am.

Nayru's Love

Awards
That's because people believe in such a thing as "franchise loyalty." KH isn't a series that relies on its console's exclusive features to convey its specialness; in fact, I don't think anything that can be iconic enough to be considered a franchise should ever have to.

Really, the only potential problem with KH3 being multiplatform is the risk of becoming a commercial failure on the X1, which actually doesn't seem far fetched.

Santiago

My main gripe with KH3 being on the X1 is that them porting it to it will use up time that could have been used polishing the PS4 version. I also don't think many people on the X1 are going to buy it, so it'll be a waste in the end.

It's cool that SE is trying to broaden their audience, though. No doubt about that.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Well I guess it's nice that they are making it multi platform for Xbox1 and PS4, though I think it would of made more sense to somehow get it to work the Wii U since they had more KH games on there systems then Xbox1 and KH DDD did explain the last few games in the series but I guess that won't happen.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This is why I don't really get why KHIII is being ported to Xbox One. I mean, if the remasters are exclusively for PS3 (possibly PS4 too) then why bother with KHIII on Xbox? Most of the people who own Xbox's have never played Kingdom Hearts before. They're going to be totally lost.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Well I guess it's nice that they are making it multi platform for Xbox1 and PS4, though I think it would of made more sense to somehow get it to work the Wii U since they had more KH games on there systems then Xbox1 and KH DDD did explain the last few games in the series but I guess that won't happen.

Last thing we need is another bottleneck to the development. NO

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I don't think so. Sony has been boasting exclusivity to this one.. maybe 2.5 could be brought to Xbox, but certainly not 1.5.
Doesn't mean that 1.5 won't eventually be ported. The exclusivity contract could run out or something.

Except Wii U has vastly different architecture, and it's old tech. At least old enough to possibly be incompatible with many PS4 games or hold them back.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Except Wii U has vastly different architecture, and it's old tech. At least old enough to possibly be incompatible with many PS4 games or hold them back.

I'm pretty sure Wii U is incompatible. It's basically the hardware from PS3/360 but with processors 30x more powerful. Yet, it still can't render the kind of stuff that PS4 and Xbone can. Oh, Nintendo...

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
^eh, there's still ACIV Black Flag. But I guess that would be bogging it down.

Yup. The same goes for PS3/PS4 and Vita. Despite the games being ported to Vita, there's a very noticeable difference, especially with all the fancy graphical touches like dynamic lighting. It's a lot worse on Vita. The same would probably happen on Wii U.

Nayru's Love

Awards
^eh, there's still ACIV Black Flag. But I guess that would be bogging it down.

Black Flag's going to be on the current gen consoles as well (and probably is primarily being developed for them), so I doubt there was much potential for that game for the Wii U to drag down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back