• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why japanese?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
True, but they're also the most popular, and thats what more people know the Xbox for. They sure don't know it for it's amazing RPGs or anything yknow? I just don't hear a lot about the action/adventure games or anything else nearly as much as I hear about the shooters. And I didn't just mean the 360. I meant xbox in general.

Top games on Playstation 3:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Unreal Tournament 3
Resistance: Fall of Man
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Warhawk
Orange Box, The

I'm sorry, what?

360 list is identical, except 360 also has Bioshock, Halo 3, and Gears of War

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That survey is heavily skewed one way or the other. I suggest we switch back to the topic, after all, theres no need to try and defend or refute consoles due to our buying preference.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Survey? How is it a survey when it takes a list of the entire 360 library, and shows the % of titles of each genre? How is that subjective at all? It's numbers.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
monkeybutt said:
That survey is heavily skewed one way or the other. I suggest we switch back to the topic, after all, theres no need to try and defend or refute consoles due to our buying preference.

Agreed. I exaggerated for more than needed simply because I don't like FPS, online or any of those. And don't particularly care what xbox has on it. Point being, Xbox is most known for it's shooters, not it's RPGs or anything else really.

Helion

Website
thefaintsmile.deviantart.com
Pretty much what everyone said. Square Enix is a Japanese company and obviously the games would be released in Japan first. Knowing that KH is so popular worldwide though I don't see why SE wouldn't release them to North America, Europe, etc. They might have to translate the game into different languages but in the long-run, they'll be making a fortune.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I never said anything about the PS3 NOT having shooters did I? I just said that the Xbox DID. So I don't particularly see your point in showing this.

Actually, you said that the majority of the 360's library of games were shooters, I gave you cold hard facts that that was completely incorrect, 83% of the 360's library of games were not Shooters, that doesn't come even close to a majority

You then implied that the 360 brand had an unusual amount of shooters, implying that this was not the case with other consoles, clearly. I gave you cold hard facts again, the list of PS3's top selling and top critically reviewed/rated games contained 8 Shooter titles, the 360's list contained 8 titles as well!

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
I counted 54 titles that were considered FPS for the 360, about half of those hadn't been released yet or even confirmed still making the 360 not a major FPS system. Yes it is known for it'a FPS's like Halo but that doesn't make that system a dump for FPS's.

it might be like that but most games are voilent with blood and stuff and new games on PS3 are not really

XBOX supports voilence thats it
and PS3 rocks
What's your point, the Playstation brand itself supports violent games....KH is a violent game, it says so on the label.

The numbers are there though, no one was asked how many FPS they have, it is the accurate number of them and for some reason of those here feel that just because a system has some well known shooters and is from America it makes it lesser than the Japanese and their consoles..

I don't know much about any of those games, but arent like. 5 of them FPS'? Or at least shooters of some kind? Gears of War, Bioshock, Call of Duty, Drake's Fortune, Resistance, and both Tom Clancy's. I never said anything about the PS3 NOT having shooters did I? I just said that the Xbox DID. So I don't particularly see your point in showing this.
The point in that was the the PS3 has the same violent games as the 360. Every damn console has FPS's but does that make th 360 any less of a good console just because it doesn't have a popular treasure trove of crappy animu RPG's?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because TMM, I can think of more then 25 360 shooters off the top of my head. The fact is, the person who did that purposely had the agenda to make the 360 seem like a not shooter box.

For example, games like Lost Planet, RE5 (i know its not out, but work with me), GTAIV (not out, but easy example), Hitman, and quite possibly the majority of titles under action/adventure were classified under the things they were, but many are much more inclined to believe that due to their heavy use of, uhh, running around and shooting things, that they are indeed shooters. The majority of titles that fall under action/adventure could most certainly fall under first and third person shooter.

So when the majority of action/adventure titles (or heck, let's say half 27/2 and i'll give you the bigger half and i'll take 13%) are considered shooters as well, added onto the 6% third person and 11% first person, shooters clearly make up the biggest chunk of the 360 library. The PS3 is guilty of the same thing, plain and simple, companies no longer take risks, and shooters easily sell in America (and in parts of Europe) and are the easiest way to break even on next gen consoles.

Anyway, I'm sure the topic starter has their answer. Closed. <3

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Point being, Xbox is most known for it's shooters, not it's RPGs or anything else really.

Hohoho, but as I showed, the PS3 too is known for it's shooters ;)

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
What I meant by voilence for the XBOX is that its games are more bloody and gore than that of the PS3 titles..

Which is incorrect, considering that PS3 and 360 share a library of over 100 same multiplatform titles, equaling in violence. In addition to this, the PS3 has as many violent exclusives as one would find on the 360

Because TMM, I can think of more then 25 360 shooters off the top of my head. The fact is, the person who did that purposely had the agenda to make the 360 seem like a not shooter box.

Then do it.

Of course they made the chart with the intention of displaying what percentage of 360 titles were of what genre, hence why they did it in the first place. Who cares? They can't opinionate the number of games on a system, regardless of why they made the list, the list can not be refuted because it is a list of EVERY game on the system

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, TMM sure does love to defend the 360. WTF, get console wars out of the KH section plz. It's not like KH is going to come out on an HD console anyway.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
No, I like to correct people's assumptions and misconceptions, that way they can stop being ignorant and actually know what's what next time they try and talk about what they don't actually know about.

The 360's library of games is mostly shooters? Wrong. (83% of the console's library of games were not shooters)

The 360's library of good games is mostly shooters? Wrong as well. (Separate list was compiled of games that had a meta review score over 85 to be considered "good", similar figures were produced: 78% of "good" games were not shooters)

The 360 has more shooters, or an unusual number of Shooters, in comparison to the other consoles? Again, Wrong. (in the top 20 list of reviewed/rated games on either system, both the 360 and PS3 had 8 shooter titles, Wii had 6)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back