• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't Xion appear? (Possible spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Considering Xion wasn't even thought of, I doubt that's what they had in mind when creating Roxas's Destati. It was most likely a reflection of himself the same way Sora's was a shadow of him.

And then you also have to wonder why the hell would Xion even transform into Twilight Thorn, and have Roxas go through the same shit once more in destroying her. Or even put him in danger at all in his dream, this time, for absolutely no reason. I heard of grasping at straws, but, seriously. This is only so far a thought.

And I believe it was pretty clear why Xion didn't appear in that instant with Axel, other than the obvious "well, didn't exist back then, so...". Her and Roxas's beings are different. Xion's technically, Sora's memories right now, tied in with the rest of them. Or...

We can still just easily say she didn't exist as a character. Which is the reality of the whole thing.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, see, not being thought of doesn't hold in light of the wondrous thing called "retcon".

The LS battle wasn't even something Nomura had a truly active part in from the get go, but lo and behold, we now have Keyblade Ships. So just because something was with an original purpose doesn't mean it'll retain that purpose, and who's to say it contradicts each other at all?
Xion is their shadow, Memories of whom have sunk to the Darkness of their Heart/s, and she's related in a way to their wielding. Perfect reasoning for her to be the Twilight Thorn.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
There's retcon, but then there's too much retcon. Not everything has to tie in. For the moment, Xion being Twilight Thorn is a thought unless Nomura confirms it as such. The perfect reasoning ends when it attacks Roxas. This time, with no excuse and reason. A way to reach him? Other options are available. But to do so again, without much entitlement to really be there in the first place, there's just no need. I'm unsure when some say that what Xion did, by making Roxas kill her, was selfish and whatnot.

But in the case, if this is her, and she does so a second time, then I'll be opt to agree with them.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
No one really knows how the destati works. I dislike throwing the wildcard option but... that's just what it is. Was she really the Twilight Thorn? Who knows. It could've assumed her form namely the cloaked figure. It could've been in cahoots with Namine and all. And Roxas didn't remember her so what's the point of holding it against her?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
No one really knows how the destati works. I dislike throwing the wildcard option but... that's just what it is. Was she really the Twilight Thorn? Who knows. It could've assumed her form namely the cloaked figure. It could've been in cahoots with Namine and all. And Roxas didn't remember her so what's the point of holding it against her?

It's not the point of Roxas holding it against her. He's not the one doing it. What comes into question is her character and her moral agenda. Just because he doesn't remember, doesn't mean that Xion didn't perform those acts by her own volition.

As I said, I don't agree with it, since the game spelled it out. But if she does end up doing it a second time for no good reason at the moment, then it comes into pondering what mindset she's at, keeping on attacking him. She must like being killed by him or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back