• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did they base Axel so heavily on Reno?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Totally! Especially characters from older games.

Nope, never heard of it. But now that I have I WANT IT!!

Try it out. I dunno whether it's on the Virtual Console or not; just find a way to play it. That game helped foster my interest in history and it can be argued that it has led me to going into the teaching profession for the Social Sciences today. This game is often known as a lost gem that was buries underneath other great Super Nintendo games.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
That game does indeed sound interesting, I'll look into it.

But I think they could include characters from Drakengard even considering the 3rd one was just announced. And someone from the Chrono Trigger series would be awesome as well.

Also (so that we stay on topic), I remember back when there was speculation that Axel's real name was Ale. This was in part considered because many people say that's Reno's favorite drink, so based on Axel's and Reno's connection, it made sense.

blksabbath74

That game does indeed sound interesting, I'll look into it.

But I think they could include characters from Drakengard even considering the 3rd one was just announced. And someone from the Chrono Trigger series would be awesome as well.

Also (so that we stay on topic), I remember back when there was speculation that Axel's real name was Ale. This was in part considered because many people say that's Reno's favorite drink, so based on Axel's and Reno's connection, it made sense.

Frog from Chrono Trigger would be awesome...

Kire-Kitsune

I would kill to have a Mana appearance. Or, SaGA. (As nonspecific as either would be, lol) But that won't happen in a million years, methinks. Square no like these series. XP In general, I'd like to see more non-FF characters. Though, I would like to see Tidus come back and not be, like, six. lol

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Ah, yeah, this I remember. This theory was floating around back in 2008-2009, before the release of Days. I myself favoured this theory, and when Days came out and we learned of Axel's former name, I was like, "What does Axel have anything to do with Lea (meadow)? If anything, he would burn acres of it to a crisp."

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Ah, yeah, this I remember. This theory was floating around back in 2008-2009, before the release of Days. I myself favoured this theory, and when Days came out and we learned of Axel's former name, I was like, "What does Axel have anything to do with Lea (meadow)? If anything, he would burn acres of it to a crisp."

Yeah, personally, I kind of wish we were right about his name, I just like the meaning behind it. I bet Nomura was just browsing the net one day, happened upon our site and said "Oh no, they figured it out... We've gotta change this now!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back