• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who else would love the ‘Story so Far’ remake for Xbox?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Magix

I already know that majority of people that are going to get Kingdom Hearts 3 are going to be PS4 players (especially with that sweet looking PS4 Pro on the horizon) but I’ve been seeing a lot of chatter online from Xbox players asking to port the remakes to Xbox so that they have a chance to enjoy the series on their home console before KH3, myself included.

I’ve seen people talking about Square not doing it due to demand and sales and stuff like that but I feel like having the remakes on Xbox would get tons of support and potentially increase sales on KH3! I was really hoping for Shinji Hashimoto to announce it on the XO18 stage but unfortunately he didnt.

Who else thinks this would be a great idea for Square to do?

P.S. I’ve played the remakes on my friends PS4 so I’m not missing anything, I would just like to enjoy them on my home console.

Hirokey123

Awards
I mean literally any of the collections at this point would be a good idea because it's stupid that KH3 is coming out on the Xbox and they've released MULTIPLE collections to catch people up, but won't put a single one of them on the Xbox.

Mad Magix

Exactly! They’ve made the remakes over and over again for PS4 but they haven’t said anything about an Xbox port. I remember reading an interview with Nomura back in June saying that Microsoft haven’t had the conversation with him but I think that’s probably a load of rubbish. Why would Xbox decide to get KH3 without asking for ports of the previous 9 games in the series?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Just for clarification, what you're referring to are ports, not remakes.

I think we're at the point where we're all expecting them to be released on other platforms, just not now as KH3 has the utmost priority.

Mad Magix

Just for clarification, what you're referring to are ports, not remakes.

I think we're at the point where we're all expecting them to be released on other platforms, just not now as KH3 has the utmost priority.

Thanks for the correction! And I think that is probably the general consensus. I would just love to see an Xbox port to attract new fans!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I swear Square's running some large scale social experiment with the XB1 version. Seeing how well the newbs follow along with the plot.

Mad Magix

I swear Square's running some large scale social experiment with the XB1 version. Seeing how well the newbs follow along with the plot.

Yeah I feel like this is a big tester for them. If it under performs, I hope it doesn’t effect the future of the franchise on Xbox.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Square Enix is no stranger to awful business decisions. Why can't they be like Sega and just release the compilation in wrstern territories? All they have to do is modify the button-mapping.

Mad Magix

Square Enix is no stranger to awful business decisions. Why can't they be like Sega and just release the compilation in wrstern territories? All they have to do is modify the button-mapping.

Exactly! I don’t even think ‘time’ is that much of an issue because they’ve released the games multiple times on PS4 this year alone.
And unfortunately, I feel that even if they were to announce it for Xbox, it would be too close to KH3

Alja

I would welcome it if Square released this PS4 collection around the world and not only for the US -.- They literally have to burn some more discs and put the Japanese version on it/slap some subtitles on there. It's not a big deal, they have everything they need for it. I don't know how much work a XB1 version would be, but a worldwide release CLEARLY should be easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back