• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which seekers will make it to the next saga? Are any worth saving?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoecho6

Awards
First of all, Xehanort himself... Regarding the new opening showing his different colored eyes, it is possible they may try to find a way to redeem him. It is the end of his saga but maybe not the end of him entirely? Eh I still doubt it and think he is going to be gone forever, but you never know. Xemnas and Ansem also will be gone for good, but lets look at some more interesting members...

How do we feel about characters like Marluxia and Luxord being wiped out for good? There are alot of possibilities other than them just being erased. Like with Xigbar, maybe after all of this he continues to be a antagonist and works alongside the next big bad villain? I kind of prefer things like that for the more interesting characters. I know it is nice to have a clean slate but it also helps to have familiar faces running around. Marluxia and Larxene having a UX connection also makes me want them to stick around to further expand on that story.

Should characters continue on as villains post KH3? Should some like Demyx and Saix be saved and continue on as supporting characters the way Ienzo has been? Which characters do you think could carry on as villains or heroes, and what would you like to see?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If they try to redeem Xehanort and have him stick around I'm just gonna quit the series, lol.

As for members staying aside from Marluxia and Larxene I'm hoping Demyx lives. He was never all that of a bad guy and it's not too late for him to turn good. I could see Isa going both ways. Depends on how his arc is handled

Echoecho6

Awards
I forgot to bring up the interesting point about Vexen. He would have stuck around and been safe if he remained with Ienzo and the gang, but now that he has been kidnapped and norted I am not sure if he will ever be welcomed back.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Isa is the only one I really hope survives. I wouldn't mind if Marluxia, Luxord, or Larxene populated a new, original world in KH4. I'd be fine with Even sticking around, and isn't Nomura attached to him for some strange reason? So the likelihood of him remaining post KH3 could be higher.

Maybe there are some others, once we have all the darknesses confirmed. Hopefully Xehanort, Ansem SOD, Xemnas, Xigbar, and Vanitas are all gone for good.

Hirokey123

Awards
Marluxia still has stuff to resolve from UX and Luxord, Larxene, and Demyx feel like they've barely had a chance to shine. Everyone else needs to go especially Isa and Xigbar.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Marluxia and Larxene are sure to survive just because of their relation to UX. I'd say Demyx is likely to survive just because I don't think he's evil.

Vexen I'm a bit iffy about because he was a cruel scientist. No need to have this Hojo-wannabe sticking around making more clones. I'm leaning towards him getting the ax.

Isa is one of those that can go either way, but no matter if he survives or not I definitely believe he will be redeemed. I too will lean more to him getting the ax.

Vanitas...I'm set in my belief that he will be "saved" and make it to the next saga as an anti-hero. The series doesn't have any anti-heroes now that Lea is a bit more on the straight and narrow.

All "Xehanorts" will perish. Obviously Riku will go back to wherever he came from. Terra's body will be saved.

And that's all for the known Seekers.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Marluxia and Larxene are sure to survive just because of their relation to UX. I'd say Demyx is likely to survive just because I don't think he's evil.

Vexen I'm a bit iffy about because he was a cruel scientist. No need to have this Hojo-wannabe sticking around making more clones. I'm leaning towards him getting the ax.

Isa is one of those that can go either way, but no matter if he survives or not I definitely believe he will be redeemed. I too will lean more to him getting the ax.

Vanitas...I'm set in my belief that he will be "saved" and make it to the next saga as an anti-hero. The series doesn't have any anti-heroes now that Lea is a bit more on the straight and narrow.

All "Xehanorts" will perish. Obviously Riku will go back to wherever he came from. Terra's body will be saved.

And that's all for the known Seekers.

I'm with you on seeing Vanitas in the next saga. I hope we see him during the credits wearing normal clothing in Twilight Town or some other world.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Whatever it takes to put the Organization XIII to rest as a force of antagonism is good for me. I think all versions of Xehanort need to go with it, and even ancillary villains like Larxene and Marluxia I would rather see dead than redeemed. I don't really think their ties to Ux constitute a good justification for keeping them around in and of itself: their history can always be explored posthumously, and may be more impactful for it.

Xigbar deserves a nice meaty role in KH3, rife with betrayal and intrigue, but he should be gone by the end of it. His particular brand of villainy is just right for making me want to smack him into the next life, but not enough to make me care about who he is as a person. Don't bore me with the details.

Isa likewise needs a proper story to establish payoff for all the circumvention of his motivations which has gone on, and I could see him contributing something of note to another saga. He may function better as a noble sacrifice, however. He has the character to build on if he were to survive, but maybe not the luck of the draw in terms of plot necessities.

Demyx shouldn't even be in this game if he's just going to twiddle his thumbs and make it through by the skin of his nose. Kill him or give him another note to strum.

Even should die, or be redeemed, by AtW's hands.

Vanitas can definitely go. He's a great villain but the brightest stars burn the fastest and the longer he sticks around the less appealing his frightening, wild hatred for everything will seem unique and worthwhile. I would love to get some scenes with him and Larxene devising the best methods for making everybody around them suffer, though. He would be great as her attack dog.

Any captured GoL is going to be rescued obviously. Whether or not their respective character arcs will survive the blow is another discussion entirely...

Foxycian

Awards
kh game without xehanort feels weird and not a kh game xD don't know why

Any

Awards
I want Isa and Vanitas to be saved and I don’t know about the others. I think it would idiotic to kill off Vanitas again when 1) He was resurrected (it would make his resurrection look pointless tbh) and with TT being introduced in the series, why not use a time traveling version of Vanitas instead—if you’re going to kill the real one again? I think Vanitas being resurrected instead of being a time traveler possibly hints at him being saved however the unversed are the problem ;-; Maybe they could stuff some light source into his abyss heart. Who knows. Now Isa, I love him and maybe because of my love for him is blinding me but I want him to be saved and I want his relationship with fixed with Lea and he could possibly fix his “relationship” with Xion and Roxas also. I also want Isa and Vanitas to acknowledge their behavior and actions. KHIII is about Resoultion after all, isn’t it?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm really expecting anyone with a connection to Sora and Co (Isa, Data Riku, etc) will be redeemed and saved and anyone who just showed up as a villain will probably go away. Vexen may be saved because of Ienzo maybe looking up to him as a big brother or something.

I think it would really be awesome if it turns out the next set of villains are the 5 union leaders and even cooler if it turns out Luxu was trying to stop the MoM by setting things up in a way that he would fail (IE Sora and co).

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm a bit too tired and feverish to think of plausible people, for now I'll just say that I hope my main girl Larxene will survive.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My reason for Vanitas surviving also mainly has to do with UX in relation to Ven. Since it is almost a given that Marluxia will survive, he and Ven have history with each other...

...Except Ven doesn't remember that history due to his heart being split in two. Vanitas might, though.

And that'd open a whole new can o' worms for the series that I'd love to see unfold in the next saga.

Squall Strife

If Aqua counts as a seeker, which I don't but if she was, then her obviously. Then Terra. If, this is a big if, Xion & Roxas were both seekers then those obvioisly. Isa maybe but then again he carved his own path so fine with either option. Same with Demyx. Same with Evan. Maybe Larxene & Marluxia becuase of their past. Not sure about Vanitas, Ventus needs his heart to he whole again. Maybe they can find some way to merge the hearts.

That's pretty much it

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'd say Demyx is likely to survive just because I don't think he's evil.
He's definitely not evil, just chicken.

TsR3Rui.gif

Any

Awards
If Aqua counts as a seeker, which I don't but if she was, then her obviously. Then Terra. If, this is a big if, Xion & Roxas were both seekers then those obvioisly. Isa maybe but then again he carved his own path so fine with either option. Same with Demyx. Same with Evan. Maybe Larxene & Marluxia becuase of their past. Not sure about Vanitas, Ventus needs his heart to he whole again. Maybe they can find some way to merge the hearts.

That's pretty much it

Very bold of you to assume that Isa sculpture his own path and Ventus needing back his missing heart to be “whole again” when he was shown perfectly fine without his darkness for 4 years and counting. Of course, his heart was nurtured by Terra, Aqua, and Eraqus while Vanitas’s heart was nurtured by Xehanort. I’m sure Vanitas and Ventus are separate beings now

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Let's see...

- Master Xehanort: he'll definitely see the end of the day. I think he'll die a "happy" ending because he finally got to see what happens after the Keyblade War, and most certainly, had the power of the universe in the tip of his hands.

- Young Xehanort: I think he'll have a tragic life because, even though he escaped the prison of a small world, his most future self created ambitions that caged himself into a life of evil and distrust.

- Ansem SoD: Yeah, completely out of the picture.

- Xemnas: Same here. I'll miss his voice. :(

- Vanitas: I pretty much concur with fellow members that he should survive, seeing a show he's directly connected to Ventus, and the latter is connected to the KHUx lore.

- Xigbar/Braig: I think Braig deserves some time in the spotlight as a main villain rather than a second-best. I can definitely see Braig form his own group of rogues that cause mayhem in the worlds, trying to collect each world's most powerful weapon in order to become the universe's biggest threat.

- Saix/Isa: This is bittersweet. Either he dies by sacrificing himself for Lea, or they kill him for being a Nort. I honestly can't see Isa beyond the Xehanort Saga. I think Lea will stay to form a trio with Roxas and Xion, and will live their lives in Twilight Town alongside HPO.

- Vexen/Even: Like Spock said, he's a Hojo wannabe and has done more harm than good. Hell, I'm willing to bet he either pushed or endorsed Apprentice Xehanort into furthering Ansem's research, even though the Wise said no. If Vexen would to be one of Xehanort's many attributes, it would be his lust for knowledge and unethical practice of science.

- Demyx: Ehh, guy's okay. I can see him as a comedic relief sort of guy after this saga ends.

- Marluxia: he obviously needs to stay.

- Larxene: same here.

- Roxas: needs to stay, but I wonder just how much of him we'll see in the next saga.

- Xion: Same reasoning as Roxas.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That's pretty much it

The general idea of the series is that even if one person was created from another and might be intrinsically tied to that person’s existence, they still have their own hearts and own personal experiences. All of KH3D is about how those individuals deserve to live their own existences apart from who they were originally born from.

Roxas is his own person despite being the body of Sora. Xion is her own person despite taking Sora’s memories. Namine is her own person despite her existence being on the border of being truly “nothing”.

Vanitas is the same as them in this regard. He might be born of Ven’s darkness, but he has his own life and memories that Ven doesn’t have. He wouldn’t be returned to Ven. He isn’t Ven anymore.

Ventus’ heart has slowly been healing by being within Sora’s heart. He doesn’t “need” Vanitas anymore. The only reason he fell to sleep again was because their battle damaged his heart again after Sora had fixed it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back