• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Keyblades would you like to see returning?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSupremeFace

Well over the course of all the games, there have been MANY different keychains and forms of the keyblade. My question to you is: Which keyblades would you like to see in KH3? Here's my list:

- Kingdom Key (obviously)
- Oblivion
- Two become One (I just love the look of it)
- Metal Chocobo
- Unbound (from DDD)

Last edited:

Pestilence

Awards
Re: Which keyblades would you like to see returning?

Kingdom Key, Oblivion, Oathkeeper are the only ones. New keyblades all around thank you. Actually I would be ok with only Kingdom Key returning.

Edit: Actually it might be cool to get TAV:s keyblades for Sora.

TheSupremeFace

Kingdom Key, Oblivion, Oathkeeper are the only ones. New keyblades all around thank you. Actually I would be ok with only Kingdom Key returning.

Edit: Actually it might be cool to get TAV:s keyblades for Sora.

Technically Sora's using Terra's keyblade and Kairi is using Aqua's..............but I think the original appearance of those blades would make a nice addition

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Technically Sora's using Terra's keyblade and Kairi is using Aqua's..............but I think the original appearance of those blades would make a nice addition

Sora and Kairi aren't using Terra and Aqua's Keyblades. We saw Terra's Keyblade with the Lingering Sentiment in the Keyblade Graveyard, and Aqua's is locked away in the Chamber of Repose.

But that's a whole other ballpark so I'll leave it at that.

Definitely agree with Pestilence about Kingdom Key, Oathkeeper and Oblivion.

TheSupremeFace

Sora and Kairi aren't using Terra and Aqua's Keyblades. We saw Terra's Keyblade with the Lingering Sentiment in the Keyblade Graveyard, and Aqua's is locked away in the Chamber of Repose.

But that's a whole other ballpark so I'll leave it at that.

Definitely agree with Pestilence about Kingdom Key, Oathkeeper and Oblivion.

I thought Terra was passing on his "destiny" of his keyblade to Riku (which got transferred to Sora), and Kairi touched Aqua's keyblade which triggered the same for her...

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Sora goes through most of Kingdom Hearts with the keyblade given to Riku by way of Terra's succession ritual, but in Hollow Bastion, after having lost it, he gains his own, and is truly chosen by the keyblade.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I thought Terra was passing on his "destiny" of his keyblade to Riku (which got transferred to Sora), and Kairi touched Aqua's keyblade which triggered the same for her...

No. Terra gave Riku the ability to wield his own keyblade. Terra still has his own keyblade. Same with Kairi, she touched Aqua's keyblade, giving her the ability to summon her OWN keyblade.

TheSupremeFace

No. Terra gave Riku the ability to wield his own keyblade. Terra still has his own keyblade. Same with Kairi, she touched Aqua's keyblade, giving her the ability to summon her OWN keyblade.

Oh...so where did the Kingdom Key come from then? Unless it's a "half" of the X-Blade (The VENTUS half), then i'm unsure about it...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oh...so where did the Kingdom Key come from then? Unless it's a "half" of the X-Blade (The VENTUS half), then i'm unsure about it...

Keyblades are man-made, but where they actually come from is unknown. And we know the Kingdom Key is a Realm of Light Keyblade, while Mickey has the Realm of Darkness Kingdom Key.

There is no proof that the Kingdom Key is a part of the x-blade. What makes you think it'd be "the Ventus half"? The X-blade in BBS was an incomplete version and it had existed long before Ventus came into existence.

TheSupremeFace

Keyblades are man-made, but where they actually come from is unknown. And we know the Kingdom Key is a Realm of Light Keyblade, while Mickey has the Realm of Darkness Kingdom Key.

There is no proof that the Kingdom Key is a part of the x-blade. What makes you think it'd be "the Ventus half"? The X-blade in BBS was an incomplete version and it had existed long before Ventus came into existence.

It's a stretch, but maybe the Kingdom Key is the half of the X-Blade Master Xehanort tried to recreate, the LIGHT half which came from Ventus

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I really love Ventus's Lost Memory and Aqua's Brightcrest. Maybe they can make a return as well.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's a stretch, but maybe the Kingdom Key is the half of the X-Blade Master Xehanort tried to recreate, the LIGHT half which came from Ventus

It wouldn't be possible. The χ-blade in BBS was made with Ventus and Vanitas' hearts being "united". Ven's heart resides in Sora now, so there is no way the Kingdom Key could be a piece of that incomplete χ-blade.

I'm not saying it isn't possible it is connected to the χ-blade, but it is not from Ventus.

BagelBreath

Awards

Every character's keyblade (Kingdom Key, Way to Dawn, etc) should make a comeback, obviously, and I'd like to Oathkeeper and Oblivion again.

What would Roxas's keyblade be, assuming he'll have his own, Two Become One? I hope they make a new one for Xion if she gets her own keyblade too.

TheSupremeFace

Every character's keyblade (Kingdom Key, Way to Dawn, etc) should make a comeback, obviously, and I'd like to Oathkeeper and Oblivion again.

What would Roxas's keyblade be, assuming he'll have his own, Two Become One? I hope they make a new one for Xion if she gets her own keyblade too.

If I recall towards the end of 358/2 days, during that fight between Roxas and Riku, I believe Riku took the Oblivion (or oathkeeper, not sure) from Roxas and viewed Xion's memories. I think with that in mind, it'd be cool if Roxas used the Oathkeeper and Xion used Oblivion. Now what about Lea, do we call his keyblade the LeaBlade?

State

Awards

Kingdom Key, Oblivion, Oathkeeper, Ultima, Fenrir, Bond of Flames, Way to Dawn and the Keyblades TAV had.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

The most important one for me would be a brand new Ultima Weapon. And I hope it's the coolest looking one yet. Other than that:

-Oathkeeper & Oblivion (they've been in almost every game)
-Two Become One (love the Roxas theme of it)
-Another "Sephiroth" keyblade (One Winged Angel, Fenrir)
-Everyone's standard keyblade

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Here's a fun fact about Sora's Kingdom Key, especially for all those who thought it was somehow originally Terra's.

Here's the Kingdom Key:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Here's Riku from KH1:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

See the resemblance? Not only is this keyblade originally Riku's, but it's even designed to fit his style.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Here's a fun fact about Sora's Kingdom Key, especially for all those who thought it was somehow originally Terra's.

Here's the Kingdom Key:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Here's Riku from KH1:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

See the resemblance? Not only is this keyblade originally Riku's, but it's even designed to fit his style.

Oh.
My.
God.

That's incredible. I can't believe I didn't notice that. Nomura is a brilliant art director.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Here's the Kingdom Key:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Here's Riku from KH1:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I remember seeing a theory like this elsewhere. It went deeper into the Keyblade and its resemblance to its wielder by also having a diagram of Sora and the KKD because like how the KK has Riku's color scheme the KKD has Sora's. Some people theorize that while the KK was supposed to be Riku's, Sora was supposed to get the KKD. But then shenanigans happened.

@Topic

Iunno, I never really had favorite Keyblades and ones that I liked to use in particular per se. In fact, most of the time I just stick to my default Keyblade; I don't even bother switching them. Only time I switch them is if I'm fighting a real pain in the ass boss of if I need a Keyblade with a certain ability, e.g. there was a mini game in KH2 that was easier to beat with Fenrir so I only used Fenrir for that. The only time I actively switched Keyblades was in Re:Coded because it gave me a genuinely good reason to.

Sssoooo...I guess there aren't really any Keyblades I want to see back. I guess except maybe the signature ones (Oath Keeper, Oblivion, etc) but I'm sure most of them will be there.

State

Awards

I'm joining the club of people never noticing how the KK resembles Riku's clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back