• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When is it worth spending jewels?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ephemer

I'm level 84 and have some pretty decent medals (in my opinion, that is), and am on quest 233. Problem is I keep having trouble with it. Of course, it may be due to the fact that my power medals take up too many gauges and/or are weak. Starlight is 17, while the other three (discounting Olympia) are 11.
So, with that background information behind, when should I spend jewels on medals. I see there's a deal right now, however, I tend to only spend jewels once or twice during each Epic Medal Carnival. Do I wait for the next one, or should I utilize the current 3000 jewel deal? I don't know what's worth what.

tsumigami

personally, i'd draw only on epic carnival. most main quest can be done using guilted story medal except for several boss fights. these deals might look promising with guaranteed orbs but you might get low-tier medal instead. i'd rather take my chance later on Epic.

Luxu

Awards
personally, i'd draw only on epic carnival. most main quest can be done using guilted story medal except for several boss fights. these deals might look promising with guaranteed orbs but you might get low-tier medal instead. i'd rather take my chance later on Epic.

Always draw from carnivals, I got a Roxas, Xion, and Axel medal from it!

Not to mention many other rare ones

ephemer

Always draw from carnivals, I got a Roxas, Xion, and Axel medal from it!

Not to mention many other rare ones

That's what I assumed, yea. It's my mission of course also to collect all the Organization medals :p

Meanwhile I'll probably have to wait it out (an unfortunate circumstance due to there being 0 ap but what can you do) and focus on figuring out how to guilt medals, that's one concept I'm still trying to understand.

It's hard to be casual in Unchained :(

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
That's what I assumed, yea. It's my mission of course also to collect all the Organization medals :p

Meanwhile I'll probably have to wait it out (an unfortunate circumstance due to there being 0 ap but what can you do) and focus on figuring out how to guilt medals, that's one concept I'm still trying to understand.

It's hard to be casual in Unchained :(

On Medals 3 Star and above there are Dots in the bar with the Special Attack. If you "fuse" two medals of the same exact type and rank via Level Up (Like say, using a 3 Star Paine when leveling up another 3 Star Paine), it fills in one of the Dots. 6 Star Medals have 5 and, after clearing Mission 100, a square with a symbol inside. The NA version calls it Special Attack Bonus, but the same mechanic was called Guilt in PC Chi, so it stuck with the fanbase. SAB is carried when evolving Medals, so adding in the dots while they're 3-5 Star is easier than getting 7 of the same Medal to 6 Star and then fusing them. It's easier to do with the free medals that randomly drop from Story missions, so something like one of the Gullwings or Wakka will most likely be the first medal you Guilt.

Guilting also has 4 Tiers that 6 Stars fall under, based on the symbol in the square. Since I don't have pics, I'll just call them "Blades", since they look like curved blades. Each tier's symbol is a mixture of Blades in a single symbol, 1 for Tier 1, 2 for Tier 2, a triangular one for Tier 3, and a 4 point shuriken-like object for Tier 4. The bonuses are as follow. Sadly I don't exactly remember the minimum for Tiers 2 and 3, but I'm fairly certain of the numbers.

Tier 1: 10-25% Bonus Damage
Tier 2: 30-50%
Tier 3: 70-100%
Tier 4: 100-130% (Basically guaranteed 2x damage or higher for the Special Attack)

The amount you can get is random, but always within those numbers for the Guilt Tier. If you don't get max off the bat, you can Fuse another of the medal to it to "reroll" the Guilt and try to get it higher. Best part is it cannot go lower, but it can also not go up if the RNG is stubborn. In that case, using a Magic Mirror Medal will force the Guilt to go up by 1%.

As an additional note, there's a Medal in the Japanese version called Mickey and Brooms that adds in a Dot and thus makes it much easier to obtain Guilt and even reroll it, and is borderline required to Guilt Epic Medals, especially the Super Rares, unless you have an obscenely large bank account. It hasn't released in the International version yet (The only possible reason I can think of is greed at this point), but hopefully we'll get it soon. The Brooms Medals first appeared in the Colesium in JP, so we should see it poo up next month. Hopefully. It had better.

tiofrodo

Not op but in a somewhat similar situation, should i restart to try to save for the epic carnival? Because right now i am kinda diddlyed as i doubt i would be able to continue farming until i get 3000 more jewels.

tsumigami

Not op but in a somewhat similar situation, should i restart to try to save for the epic carnival? Because right now i am kinda diddlyed as i doubt i would be able to continue farming until i get 3000 more jewels.
things to consider before restarting:
1. time : saving jewel for epic means you have to proceed without draw , so you'll have to rely on guilted common medals which is very time consuming with low storages, without 1/0/half AP campaign, and without weekly deal quests unlocked.
2. progress : how far your progress ATM? how long have you played? and is it worth 'sacrificing' event medals you have acquired including Cid, chip&dale, scrooges medal skill?

drawing an epic doesn't guarantee you of smooth gameplay. certain epic like alice and namine might help you in several boss fights but mostly need guilted or at least orb-filled to utilize. in the end, if you're FTP you will hit wall sooner or later.

khoury93

I'm f2p, and using the Aus version, i've currently completed all the 425 episodes (not all 3 star) but so far the biggest help for me has been the medals one can win during certain events, specifically the nick and judy medal! that along with a few scrooges and the occasional decent friend medal has been the main difference between hitting the wall and being able to make it so far (albeit with a lot of trouble and luck with 0 ap events)

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'd mostly spend them on Carnivals/Epic Medals, since they are the strongest.

Sorakh212

Awards
My two cents is to always pull from the 3k option, mainly because personally I've had nothing but terrible draws/luck in the daily and everything else, and usually during an Epic Medal Carnival if you can. I've heard it's also good to save up although I know that can be difficult especially if you like certain outfits, boards, or get tempted for w/e reason. It is rather difficult being a F2P person though. Just takes time really. Definitely focus on guilting medals though if you can because that will help in the long run. Idk if I answered your specific inquiry but I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back