• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Liodin

Awards
Just want to point out that they announced the ML beta 13 days prior to 4/10.
I count 12 days. 10/4 is 13 days after the anniversary, and that's where all the speculation that KH4 would be announced at the event came from.

Also, next week starts with the 7th and ends with the 13th. So it being KH news weeks would be apropos. Get your clown make up ready.
Oh, it is true that in most of America the week starts on Sunday. So does Japan. 🤔

Personally, I expect absolutely nothing on the 10th. There is no precedent other than the event to make me think that from now on this date has any importance.

But I really hope I'm wrong, because I'm going to be monitoring twitter during that day anyway. Just in case :LOL:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm really gettin' tired of waiting until some other thing is out of the way just for some damn information like yeesh

How long until we gotta wait til after a damn FInal Fantasy food promotion

That’s just my prediction. You don’t have to take it as fact or get upset over it. The ML beta is actually KH related and I personally don’t think they’d show a new trailer for either game during that beta. It would more likely either be shortly before or after.

But still, that’s just my opinion that holds no real bearing to what they’ll actually do. I make predictions based largely around when other stuff is happening with SE as that’s really all we have to go off of besides big events it might appear at. (So far none of them have panned out so don’t even listen to me! Lol)

I count 12 days. 10/4 is 13 days after the anniversary, and that's where all the speculation that KH4 would be announced at the event came from.

Oh, it is true that in most of America the week starts on Sunday. So does Japan. 🤔

Personally, I expect absolutely nothing on the 10th. There is no precedent other than the event to make me think that from now on this date has any importance.

But I really hope I'm wrong, because I'm going to be monitoring twitter during that day anyway. Just in case :LOL:

I’m counting the 29th as Day 1 and the 10th as Day 13. 29th to 31st= 3 days. 1-10th= 10 days.

The reason it was likely chosen last time and possibly could be again is that it is written as 10/4 in Japan, so it was a reference to the 104 building. So Nomura could repeat himself by dropping something that day. This year, Utada’s album is also releasing that day with the Hikari re-recording. So it would be fitting to get some KH news that same day too.

There’s no event or anything like that scheduled like before, so it’s a long shot for sure. But it’s the only date right now prior to the beta worth mentioning as a prediction.

Liodin

Awards
Fun fact: did you know that 10/4 is Haley Joel Osment's birthday?

One could say that Sora's birthday in the real world (Quadratum) is 10/4 🫣

Chie

Awards
You know, I realized he was born on Wet Day, but I never put two and two together

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Fun fact: did you know that 10/4 is Haley Joel Osment's birthday?

One could say that Sora's birthday in the real world (Quadratum) is 10/4 🫣

I had no idea! Well yet another reason it’s the perfect day for KH. Lol.

But if we don’t get anything then, it’ll hopefully be at the rumored May PlayStation showcase like how Remake first showed up at the one in May 2019 after KH3 released. Or it’ll be at SGF like Rebirth.

I feel like we’ll get a Missing Link trailer sooner than SGF though so they can start the app’s pre-registration. And in turn, I’m hoping that is paired with a KH4 teaser. Ever Crisis had like 3 months of pre-registration. So if they dropped a trailer this month, it would line up with a July release.

Edit: Jesse McCartney was interviewed about his role as Roxas. He says he doesn’t know if they’re making another game. 🙈

"I hope they make another one," he says, "I have no idea if they're going to. They never tell us. Yeah, it's just another thing in my career that took on a life of its own, and I'm just along for the ride."

Last edited:

Squood!

seibah
Awards
I had no idea! Well yet another reason it’s the perfect day for KH. Lol.

But if we don’t get anything then, it’ll hopefully be at the rumored May PlayStation showcase like how Remake first showed up at the one in May 2019 after KH3 released. Or it’ll be at SGF like Rebirth.

I feel like we’ll get a Missing Link trailer sooner than SGF though so they can start the app’s pre-registration. And in turn, I’m hoping that is paired with a KH4 teaser. Ever Crisis had like 3 months of pre-registration. So if they dropped a trailer this month, it would line up with a July release.

Edit: Jesse McCartney was interviewed about his role as Roxas. He says he doesn’t know if they’re making another game. 🙈

"I hope they make another one," he says, "I have no idea if they're going to. They never tell us. Yeah, it's just another thing in my career that took on a life of its own, and I'm just along for the ride."

All my guy has to do is look up KH4 on the Tube of You ;A;

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
That PS event is promising considering PlayStation’s light upcoming slate of exclusives. I’m expecting Ghost of Tsushima, Silent Hill 2, and MGS to show up. If Sony’s in the market for more games to push the PS5 Pro, KH4 would be a good choice.

SGF is also promising with that lottery starting the week before and some merch items even releasing the same day as the event.

I feel like we’re so close. Just gotta hang in there a bit longer. I need to find some distractions for the next couple months.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
That PS event is promising considering PlayStation’s light upcoming slate of exclusives. I’m expecting Ghost of Tsushima, Silent Hill 2, and MGS to show up. If Sony’s in the market for more games to push the PS5 Pro, KH4 would be a good choice.

SGF is also promising with that lottery starting the week before and some merch items even releasing the same day as the event.

I feel like we’re so close. Just gotta hang in there a bit longer. I need to find some distractions for the next couple months.
Why would they push the PS5 Pro with unreleased games like MGS Delta and KH4 when the marketing purpose is that it would upgrade already released games? If we don't even know what these games would actually look like on a base PS5, why have them show up at an event for the Pro? Not to mention uh...apparently not even executives see the point of a PS5 Pro.

And why would a lottery and merch be promising for KH4?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Why would they push the PS5 Pro with unreleased games like MGS Delta and KH4 when the marketing purpose is that it would upgrade already released games? If we don't even know what these games would actually look like on a base PS5, why have them show up at an event for the Pro? Not to mention uh...apparently not even executives see the point of a PS5 Pro.

Uhh that’s not that purpose of the Pro model. Most people aren’t going to upgrade their console just to replay the same games. The target audience for the Pro will buy it to play new games like GTA6 with the best possible performance. There may be some that want it for older games, but those games will likely need patches first to take full advantage of the benefits. Meanwhile, upcoming games will likely be upgraded for it from release. If the Pro releases this fall as rumored, they likely have third party games lined up to support it for a while until they start releasing more 1st party titles after March of next year. KH4 being one of the biggest games built on UE5 could make it an attractive candidate for this.

And to correct your statement, it is devs (not execs) that don’t see a point in the Pro because they feel they have barely tapped the potential if the base PS5. Execs on the other hand would be happy to market games as “PS5 Pro Enhanced”.

Why would they need to show what the game runs like on the base PS5 if they can show it on the Pro instead? If you’re marketing something, you want to show the best possible version of it. (Which is why trailers are usually captured from PC footage.)

And why would a lottery and merch be promising for KH4?

This specific lottery event starting on 5/31 has only taken place three times. First for KH3, again Melody of Memory, and finally for the 20th anniversary. This one is assumed to be related to Missing Link as it is titled “Linking Hearts” like the one for MoM was titled “Second Memory.” Likewise the toys releasing on 6/7 have previously lined up with the 20th anniversary, Melody of Memory, the UX finale, Re:Mind, and so on. So it’s likely these are being timed in relation to a bigger KH event happening around that time.

But these are only supplemental factors to the larger one being that Ever Crisis and Rebirth were both featured at SGF last year. And both Missing Link and KH4 need a similar big event like that to advertise more to a general audience. Since Missing Link can’t show up at the PS showcase, that leaves SGF as the only major marketing event if it is going to release during the summer.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Alright guys, no need to worry anymore. It's 4/4/24 here in NZ, so I'm expecting KH4 news any hour now.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Alright guys, no need to worry anymore. It's 4/4/24 here in NZ, so I'm expecting KH4 news any hour now.
Congratulations, you summoned the news of Kingdom Hearts outfits for pets

Liodin

Awards
I have seen the future. Tomorrow they will announce the release of the games on Steam.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Congratulations, you summoned the news of Kingdom Hearts outfits for pets

Sora was a lion in KH2. This is a hidden message that KH4 will begin in a world populated by dogs. 101 Dalmatians... 10/1... 10/1/24.

KH4 will come out on the first of October of this year.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
GKSpknKbcAAe11b

Putting the KH themed dog bed next to my KH themed armchair while me and my guest stare at the not-a-real-game alba and ater set and eat dinner on the 20th Anniversary plates.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Yall know I’m never one to clown too much… (😉) But seeing a lot of Star Wars content updates recently. Might be worth noting that this is usually around the time Star Wars Celebration happens, but it skipped this year. (It actually took place on 4/10 last year. Lol) Disney seems to market Star Wars related stuff leading up to SW Day rather than on the day itself.

Star Wars Outlaws is likely to get some news soon as it was recently rated in multiple countries and shouldn’t be that far from release. Maybe there’s a chance we get the Star Wars reveal for KH4 too.

I think the reveal would more impactful at an event like D23, but maybe they’d want to get in on Star Wars season now. We already know it’s in there and I’m sure they’re aware we caught onto it. D23 might reveal something completely unknown instead.

Last edited:

Squood!

seibah
Awards
OR KH4 will continue hiding behind a curtain while Missing Link keeps having rotton food thrown at it for simply existing.

I wanna be wrong.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
OR KH4 will continue hiding behind a curtain while Missing Link keeps having rotton food thrown at it for simply existing.

I wanna be wrong.

As futile as it seems, I hope Nomura won’t let us hit that two year mark of no substantial updates. It could be a screenshot or new artwork that just teases more coming soon for all I care. Or a Missing Link trailer with a KH4 teaser at the very end.

But then I think about how DQXII is at 3 years with nothing and it makes me more nervous that we could actually be no where close to an update. Maybe they’re waiting for Star Wars Celebration in Japan this time next year. 🙈

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Sorry to double post, but felt this needed its own.

This article by Bloomberg discusses Square Enix’s recent restructuring to improve their development pipelines. It also states they will be sharing their new mid-term strategy in May. My hope is that they will want to reveal something about one of their next AAA games before that. That way, they can show how their changes are actually making an impact.

They claim the DQ producer is stepping down in part because of development delays for DQXII. Since DQ is being called out and KH is not, that leads me to believe KH4 development is going smoothly and will likely release first.

EDIT:

Star Wars Outlaws is likely to get some news soon as it was recently rated in multiple countries and shouldn’t be that far from release. Maybe there’s a chance we get the Star Wars reveal for KH4 too.

Star Wars Outlaws is getting a trailer Tuesday the 9th after all. I’m not sure Disney would let Nomura show his take on Star Wars the very next day. But a man can dream. Lol. Maybe later in the month would make more sense though. The Season of the Force runs from today thru 6/2, so it would be cool if we got the Endor reveal sometime in that window.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Even when no more E3, the wait until June is still excruciating.

Back