• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's wrong with SE?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marluxia Diablos

Hmmm. Maybe it might be that they aren't quite FINISHED yet? Now there's a novel idea.

Seriously

Do you think that if we snap our fingers, SE will be done with it. Sure, they could put it out now. As crappy, unvoice and unpolished as it is, you still have it, won't you? The have just started doing voice-overs for the english version, and they are still finishing up in Japan. And the actors have lives too, ya know. Haley Joel Osment is con-currently working on IGPX too. There is nothing wrong with SE. Release date drawbacks happen all the time. Its just you.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
angelvixenkit said:
I'm asking the question on every loyal SE fans mind-what the -bleep- is wrong with Square Enix, they keep post poning FF7AC, KH2, and thier other games, rumors are a bound, they just can't seem to keep it together lately. Anyone know why?

ya th3h shud r3l33z t3h g3hm lik rait n0w lolomgwtfbbq!1!shift1

Don't be retarded. It takes time to make games and movies.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Well lets put it this way, they like making good games the bad games get rushed out.Good games take time to produce. They also have what now 5 games being made? It took the people at valve six years to make half-life 2.

Hikari44

yeah they're both right. I would rather wait and have KH2 be AWESOME (which im sure it will be) than have it right now and have it not be as good as it could be. Besides, release date rumors are usually very vague dates, and they can change very easily depending on all sort of different problems SE could have during production - publicizing setbacks, or finishing touches, or whatever. Point being, it's a lot of stuff to have done by a specific date. Give them time - we will have it eventually lol

and you are DEFINETELY right about ff X-2. They rushed that game to make money off the success of X and it was the WORST GAME EVERRR!!!! I don't want that happening to kh2 (though i doubt its even possible for any game to suck as bad as X-2)

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Square Ninja said:
FFX-2 wasn't rushed. It just plain sucked.

Nomura gave the people a unrealistic time table, he excepted things to go flawlessly, and then it came out suxing because there are like a billion side-quest and you don't even know what to do.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I blame that on the crappy story...you know, that thing you hear about in the beginning, and the thing that's merely hinted at throughout the rest of the game.

angelvixenkit

Drifting from anime worlds to game worlds
But they're already donewith AC, KH2, and almost FF12. There should be no reason to keep moving those back. It takes one translater 30 minutes to translate 20 minutes of dialouge and it takes a voice actor two hours to successfuly record those twenty minutes. Translating things are easy, so are cutting things yet, they continue to move them farther and farther back. Take KH2 for example. It's release date is rock solid in Japan, because it's been done for what two months now, they're just not realeseing it so they can elvate the hype a little more. But here in America, it's jumped from January, to March, to mid-april and starting to look towards May. and what about AC? It's been out in Japan for two months now, and they keep moving it back over here.There should be no reason for this.

S

Shadow Soldier

Marluxia Diablos said:
The have just started doing voice-overs for the english version, and they are still finishing up in Japan.

Actually... it was posted on www.adventchildren.net a while ago that SE has been working on the voices since like May 2005

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura gave the people a unrealistic time table, he excepted things to go flawlessly, and then it came out suxing because there are like a billion side-quest and you don't even know what to do.

No sir dumbarshe. FFX-2 was a MAJOR success in Japan, competiing with X itself. Of course americans are stupid to the eyes of the Japanese anyway.

Why would delays in a game suggest a company is falling apart? To me it suggests the company is..working.

Hikari44

monkeybutt said:
Of course americans are stupid to the eyes of the Japanese anyway.

Hey! Don't tell me you're one of those self-righteous American-haters who thinks they are the expert. I'll have you know that a shitload of people in the u.s. hated FF X-2 and thought the original was much better. That's all they meant by that.

KH2Valor

Website
www.myspace
All SE is doin is gettin people's hopes up waitin fo rthem to come out before christmas and then WHAT!!! in march I thought they said Winter anyways its a load of crap they should put some extra time so we can get them. But they have a good plan because everyone knows that XBOX 360 is comin out and they need some games that will hold PS2 in the lead until PS3 comes out so they are just tryin to not get blow anyway from them. Thats my opinion.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
angelvixenkit said:
But they're already donewith AC, KH2, and almost FF12. There should be no reason to keep moving those back. It takes one translater 30 minutes to translate 20 minutes of dialouge and it takes a voice actor two hours to successfuly record those twenty minutes. Translating things are easy, so are cutting things yet, they continue to move them farther and farther back. Take KH2 for example. It's release date is rock solid in Japan, because it's been done for what two months now, they're just not realeseing it so they can elvate the hype a little more. But here in America, it's jumped from January, to March, to mid-april and starting to look towards May. and what about AC? It's been out in Japan for two months now, and they keep moving it back over here.There should be no reason for this.

S-E's prez recently said that KH-2 would be ready for a March release. I just find it funny how you think that we should be getting these things when Japan gets them. You gorget the have to reanimate the characters so the voicing matches and doesn't look like a Godzilla movie. Also, the hiring process for voice actors. Any legal issues with Disney during the localization process since a lot of the voice actors were originally hired by Disney. This takes time. So just sit back and relax, they'll come out whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back