• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► What's wrong with me?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
Your emotions have burned out. Over the years, you've probably been through a nightmare. Things that people should not have to experience. Added that from, what I am guessing, is a fragile emotional disposition, and you have emptiness. Incapable of truly feeling anything real. Am I right?

Emotion is wild, like an ocean's currents during a storm. Her feelings are muted, echoes of what was once there.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Your emotions have burned out. Over the years, you've probably been through a nightmare. Things that people should not have to experience. Added that from, what I am guessing, is a fragile emotional disposition, and you have emptiness. Incapable of truly feeling anything real. Am I right?

Emotion is wild, like an ocean's currents during a storm. Her feelings are muted, echoes of what was once there.

I think you pretty much summed up that which I was unable to explain. I think with being generally quite an emotional person (my starsign's cancer, btw, if that has anything to do with anything) that I 'feel' these pulses of frequent emotional displays, yet I'm unable to feel anything real or solid. Maybe the fact that I do have frequent emotional displays is what makes it so painful because there are so many of them and it hurts because even though there are a lot of them I don't feel them truthfully. Just echoes throughout a hollow somewhere inside me. I'll be including this post in the OP, btw & +rep for you.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
∞;4381889 said:
Oh god please don't get me started on astrology.

Nahhh I just meant that cancers are generally seen as quite emotional, despite the crabby exterior. Which I think fits me semi-perfectly. I do think some parts of astrology hold some water to them, just not all.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
I so know that feeling, Soleil. I'm running into that problem myself; it takes a lot to get me to cry; and even than it doesn't feel real to me. Like I told my sister, I swear I'm just a nobody with a heart. She's even asked me if I'm one, or if I'm made out of rubber. Anyway, that's beside the point; you could try writing poetry or talking to someone, it may help with your condition.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥

What KHfanatic and several other people on the first page have pointed out, seems like the most reasonable and logical suggestion: a certain emotional numbness by now, that resulted from going through horrible things again and again.

It's sort of like when you're having a really bad day. Over the course of the day, every possible thing has gone wrong and gotten on your nerves. And then, at the end of the day, when that one last thing fucks up, you just don't care anymore.

Hey, maybe you think you didn't feel true, overwhelming saddness when your partner died because, deep down, you were steeling yourself for the possibility that s/he may not make it. Sort of like a foreshadow, so when the true moment came, it wouldn't be as intense as it could be.

This might be a possibility though, too. I have my own experiences in that department, too.

You might have been already so "emotionally detached" towards that person (for example because of a lack of contact with that person over a long time period or whatever), that the reaction you got wasn't the one you would have expected. It is like the grief that you felt was purely based on your memories and the fact that he is who he is, and not on the emotions and feelings you have towards that person. And because of that, not seeming real to you.

But yeah, all we can give you here, is just mere speculation. :/
Either way, I don't think this is something one can blame on oneself.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I so know that feeling, Soleil. I'm running into that problem myself; it takes a lot to get me to cry; and even than it doesn't feel real to me. Like I told my sister, I swear I'm just a nobody with a heart. She's even asked me if I'm one, or if I'm made out of rubber. Anyway, that's beside the point; you could try writing poetry or talking to someone, it may help with your condition.

I write a lot as it is, and it's something I'm good at and enjoy. Doesn't help but it does give me something to do.

What KHfanatic and several other people on the first page have pointed out, seems like the most reasonable and logical suggestion: a certain emotional numbness by now, that resulted from going through horrible things again and again.

I think it's more like detachment, about to go onto disconnection.

It's sort of like when you're having a really bad day. Over the course of the day, every possible thing has gone wrong and gotten on your nerves. And then, at the end of the day, when that one last thing fucks up, you just don't care anymore.
Story of my life.

You might have been already so "emotionally detached" towards that person (for example because of a lack of contact with that person over a long time period or whatever), that the reaction you got wasn't the one you would have expected. It is like the grief that you felt was purely based on your memories and the fact that he is who he is, and not on the emotions and feelings you have towards that person. And because of that, not seeming real to you.
No. This person was my boyfriend and best friend for four years, and we'd been through so much together. We weren't perfect but we were happy together. I knew contact would become minimal once he was out on the front line, but I knew it wouldn't cease altogether. If anything, we should have become stronger. He was my first proper love, a guy I fell in love with. Sure, he pissed me off sometimes and I pissed him off back sometimes but we were happy, incredibly so, even through all the bullshit. I knew he was going to die, that stupid gut feeling I had, but I didn't want to prepare because I didn't want it to happen. In that case, I should have been sadder and more upset than I would have been, but... nothing. Just disbelief. No sadness. I couldn't
feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back