• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What You Didn't Know...

• Thread starter Deleted member 5341
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5341

Okay i am a kh worshiper and i seriously have a chronic compulsive disorder with this game (as posted in another thread) but here's some weird stuff i had no clue about until 5 seconds ago....

KH was originally conceived to star Mickey Mouse, but was soon replaced with an original character (three guesses who)

Before the game was released in the U.S., Square held a "Name-in-Game" contest. A person named Kurt Zisa won the contest, and his name was used for a hidden boss in the game. (This one i knew but it's still cool)

Sora's role as the hero was originally meant for Mickey Mouse. You will notice that Sora wears large yellow shoes, red shorts and white gloves, to imitate that of Mickey... (*phew* good thing they chose sora...i can't imagine Mickey playing that part.... plus Sora's hotter XD)

The name that Riku chooses for the raft (Highwind), is the name of the airship in Final Fantasy VII.

Early in the planning stages, Yuffie was not in the script. Her role in the story was originally going to be filled by Rikku from Final Fantasy X. However, since there was already a main character named Riku (pronounced the same as 'Rikku'), she was replaced by Yuffie.

Sora, Riku, and Kairi are named after the three primary elements of nature. In Japanese, riku means 'land', kai means 'ocean', and sora means 'sky'. the name Kairi could originate from the Japanese word "hikari", which means light, because she is the only untainted main character. Land, ocean and sky were also meant in a way to reflect their homeland, Destiny Islands...(I knew this too, since i'm japanese meh heh heh...but i know a lot of people that didn't)

Irvine from Final Fantasy VIII had a small role in the original draft of the game's script, but never made it into the final game.

The victory poses that Sora displays when he wins a match in Olympus Coliseum were meant to mimic those of Cloud from Final Fantasy VII, as well as Squall from Final Fantasy VIII, and Zidane from Final Fantasy IX.

E

Eclipse

nice info. a lot of didja-know-facts that i didn't know. lol

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hey, good finds there! But I knew most of them already. If Rikku would have been in KH, then that would have confused things a bit with Riku. And I think that Irvine should've have been in the game.

D

Dexter

This info was posted a long time ago. But I guess it's new to everyone else.

mega dude

Yeah I had no clue about this stuff awsome find and does ansem mean darkness or something?And do the organization members names mean something in japanese?

DualWeilder.

KH was originally conceived to star Mickey Mouse, but was soon replaced with an original character (three guesses who)

Goofy? kairi? darkside?

ya nice find i knew about the kurt zisa thing but almost nothing else.

Vincent666

Working in 7th Heaven as a bus boy...Don't ask...
I knew about the Kurt Zisa thing, it was in the little booklet to KH1. At the end, it roughly says, 'Special Thanks to the "Kingdom Hearts: Name-in-Game" Sweepstakes Winner, Kurt Zisa'. So I knew that.
The name fits the hidden Arabian boss, doesn't it?

Good thing they made Sora than Mickey as the main character. No offense, but starring in a role as a mouse puts a damper on things....ya know what I mean? It wouldn't be that amazing because Sora's not in there or Riku and Kairi. Plus, it would totally turn the game into a different direction.

And besides, a majority of us enjoy playing it because they have the Final Fantasy theme and characters in it. ^^

KeybladeStriker

Awards
WoW thats soo cool! didn't know about the Yuffie and Micky thing but i knew about everything else.(im sorry) Just like 2 or 3 months ago i found out what Sora, Kairi and Riku's names mean because i looked them up in a japanese dictionary my friend has! I thought that was soo cool cuz their names are the 3 elements and it reminded me of the island!!!!! great find!!!!

D

Deleted member 5341

Ha np ...
Yep got it from IMDb ^_^
If i find more i'll post =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back