• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Would You Do - Tough Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gforce75

Website
myffnet.com
This question has come from a book that I once read and I modified it over time, but it was very intresting to ask this because of all the views it brings... pro life, pro choice, selfless scrafice, and much more. Anyways here is the scenrio.

Your a rich banker who has struck a deal to make over 10 million dollars. Your currently walking down a street and you notice a fire blazing in an apartment around the corner. Firefighters are not there yet and no one is around.

The delima your facing is that you have to make this meeting. If you chose not to go and save several lives, you will go bankrupt and lose ur assets on the deal. The investors are not a patient group of people.

----------IF YOU CHOSE NO---------------------------------------

You strike a wonderful deal and now you have 10 million dollars in your account. The end.

-----------IF YOU CHOSE YES TO GOTO THE APT--------------

Great now you lost all of your money and you know ur bankrupt. Maybe you can write book... whatever... now time to face the problem.

If you choose to go to the apartment, your faced with a new problem.

There are four rooms and the entire complex is apartment is about to collapse. There are four rooms each on a different floor total. In each room is what's described below.

Floor 1 - 250 Senior Citizens ranging from 75-110 years of age
Floor 2 - 25 Teenagers who just turned 18 and have not started college nor their adulthood
Floor 3 - 8 Pregeant Mothers who are on their 8th month and will deliever in a few days.
Floor 4 - 2 Babies who are about 6 months old alone.

Now, because of time, you can only choose to save ONLY ONE FLOOR. What floor would you save? Or you can peform the ultimate scarfice and save two floors, but you die in the process.

-----------------SUMMARY-------------

What would you do in mist of all this choas. Who would you save? Would choose the money knowingly know that you could of saved many lives? Would you scarfice yours? Do the mothers count more to save? Or the number of all the lives of all the senior citizens? What about the children who are already born?

Good luck with answering this question. :blush:

gforce75

Website
myffnet.com
Me I would go with number 2. Reason for that is that I don't remember anything before I was 3, so to me, the unborn babies are alive, but not fully into existance yet. Plus for me, being 18 is when life really starts as a different challenge (unless ur super spoiled and got parents to spoon that person all day).

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I'd go to my meeting, probably call 911 on my cell-phone and tell them the address

Subtly Inspiring
I'd go to my meeting, probably call 911 on my cell-phone and tell them the address

/thread.

That's the beauty of modern technology, along with that, running into a building on fire would be death because people don't know what to do. Firefighters do, and they have the equipment to deal with blockages in case parts of the building collapse.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
And the hell if 300-something people need me to burst in to the building just to remind them that they need to get the hell out because it's on fire. If I were in there I'd just be like "No shit" and get myself out, how is 1 random business exec going to change the course of what 300 people are doing? As if they weren't aware that they should probably not burn to death, me going in there isn't going to change anything if they can't do that for themselves

Also, it's 10 million dollars, hell yeah.

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
I asked my gf this question today. She said she'd save the 25 teenagers and the pregnant chicks.

but she's a woman so..

I'd save the pregnant ladies.
but holy sh*t 250 old people.
that's a massacre.

Make this question better, and say that instead of him being a succesful business man, he's poor and he's got a family and he need's the money.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Hell, if I already had 10 million dollars, and it was simply an opportunity to make another 10 million dollars, I'd still go to my meeting

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I'd realize that by me going into the building, I'm adding to the problem that the firefighters will face. Ya don't run into a burning building trying to be a hero, when you will simply need rescuing yourself later on.

Plus, if the people in there can't get outside for whatever reason, what's the chance that I could get to them? Just call up 911 or let the (more than likely) many spectators do the obvious thing and call 911, and let the pros do the rescuing.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
/thread.

That's the beauty of modern technology, along with that, running into a building on fire would be death because people don't know what to do. Firefighters do, and they have the equipment to deal with blockages in case parts of the building collapse.

massive quoting for truth.

I would go ahead and make the 10 million dollars. Let the firefighters do their job. The burden of saving innocent citizens falls on them.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
If I'm a rich banker...Why am I walking?

Excellent point!

yeah, seriously. I'm a big boyscout, but i know my limits. Its not worth it to barge into a burning building. Its not my job, and I am no expert. I could just as likely get everyone killed by being an idiot who thought he could save everyone. I'd tell someone else go start calling, but I wouldn't miss my meeting, because then my livelihood is at stake, and chances are, if i'm a millionaire, the people who work for me are going to be in trouble to.

I'd feel bad for the victims, but I can't help them, and i would not be equipped to do so.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I would go to the 2 Floor tell the Teens to help the Seniors out and id tell some of the Teens to help the Pregnant Ladies out and go straight to the 4th Floor and grab the babies.Then run back out but id take something like a babies bottle and throw water on the fire just in case.Then id run out with the babies.Also if the fire had just started and no one in there noticed then I dont think there would be enough fire for me to get trapped.Also id find a way to go live with a relative if I lost my money.Pretty easy.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
I'd take the money, even if I didn't have a cell on me. I'd run around a bit to try and find help, though, then rush to the meeting.

Lunar Knight

American Person
No use trying to be the hero when you'll likely become part of the problem.

Solution: Call 911, then go to the meeting.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Hey Wallflower thats a pretty good find there but can you learn to read to?

Or you can peform the ultimate scarfice and save TWO floors, but you die in the process.

Also I know I said id get out but thats a little mistake in my post.Yeah also I never said I had a family so I actually wouldnt be losing anything.So pretty big price but I save people so I have the best solution.

One last thing,HE SAID NO CELL PHONES AT ALL,ITS EITHER YOU SAVE PEOPLE OR GET YOUR MONEY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back