• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What will happen to Riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TIWIH777

Guys, call me paranoid, but the last thing I want in Kingdom Hearts 3 is for Riku to die. It's just, Sora and Kairi have each other, which leaves Riku hanging out there in the "create a really sad yet epic ending by killing off the loyal friend" gig, kind of like Spiderman 3, etc. What's the deal here? And why the heck int the secret ending of BBS would they not all just go together? The three of them? At least that way say somebody couldn't capture defenseless kairi at home. Thoughts?

R0x@$

Guys, call me paranoid, but the last thing I want in Kingdom Hearts 3 is for Riku to die. It's just, Sora and Kairi have each other, which leaves Riku hanging out there in the "create a really sad yet epic ending by killing off the loyal friend" gig, kind of like Spiderman 3, etc. What's the deal here? And why the heck int the secret ending of BBS would they not all just go together? The three of them? At least that way say somebody couldn't capture defenseless kairi at home. Thoughts?

No thanks, Disney probably will have to let him live, since Disney doesn't want people dieing in there stuff.

Sorakun12

No thanks, Disney probably will have to let him live, since Disney doesn't want people dieing in there stuff.

Yes, no dying. Hence in the Disney Movies, Shan Yu, Scar, Mufasa, Bambi's Mom being killed? And whoever else I forget

I could see it happening, but I'd rather it not.

Zeeks11

I doubt he's going to die. I've been a fan of him since the start ; ;

Plus meh..I dunno I just can't see them killing him off.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I seriously doubt Riku or any KH character is going to die, except maybe MX.

and Eraqus.. the rest of the way, not just as part of Terra's heart. I think he's ultimately going to briefly come back to sacrifice himself to save either Riku or Terra from MX taking them over, once he gets expelled from Terra's heart. (MX might either see more power in Riku or Riku as a second best new vessel.. or try to go back to Terra.) Hopefully, he finds a means to get his body back though, so we don't have that, but Eraqus sacrificing himself to stop or weaken MX's power is possibility imo.

O

Origami_Killer

He will get killed by the battle rifle of Master Chief, you heard it here first.

Sorakh2

If he were to die, Nomura would definitely go the shonen route.
He would be taken done in a battle against the most powerful of enemies.

Sadly, Disney wouldn't allow such an epic scene to exist in the story.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
please, they cant even kill off ansem
riku wont die lol hes got too mant fangirls

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I doubt they will kill Riku off. If they did I would be very, very upset.(probaly crying my eyes out) Riku being my favorite KH character and all.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Guys, call me paranoid, but the last thing I want in Kingdom Hearts 3 is for Riku to die. It's just, Sora and Kairi have each other,

Pairing hate aside.

The entire point of the first three Sora-centric games was Sora and Riku's friendship, and them trying to find each other, no matter what. They each had scrifices and leapt across boundaries etc. To kill Riku or Sora in the end of the series would just be one giant anticlimactic tease, unless they were to both die together. And since we have Kairi anchoring everyone down as the token girl, we can't have that.

which leaves Riku hanging out there in the "create a really sad yet epic ending by killing off the loyal friend" gig, kind of like Spiderman 3, etc. What's the deal here? And why the heck int the secret ending of BBS would they not all just go together? The three of them? At least that way say somebody couldn't capture defenseless kairi at home. Thoughts?

He's not just the "loyal" friend (I would say the loyal friend title goes to Sora really) but he is THE friend. KH is about Sora finding Riku and vice-versa. In some way they are both the main characters.

They won't go together cause they realize Kairi is usless. :p Maybe thye had to go somewhere more unsafe than her not having any protection at DI.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I really doubt they'll kill Riku. He has way to many fans - including me and it'll be too predictable. Besides, I don't think they'll actually kill off a character.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Pairing hate aside.

The entire point of the first three Sora-centric games was Sora and Riku's friendship, and them trying to find each other, no matter what. They each had scrifices and leapt across boundaries etc. To kill Riku or Sora in the end of the series would just be one giant anticlimactic tease, unless they were to both die together. And since we have Kairi anchoring everyone down as the token girl, we can't have that.

He's not just the "loyal" friend (I would say the loyal friend title goes to Sora really) but he is THE friend. KH is about Sora finding Riku and vice-versa. In some way they are both the main characters.

They won't go together cause they realize Kairi is usless. :p Maybe thye had to go somewhere more unsafe than her not having any protection at DI.

First of all KH has always expressed a trio relationship. Kh1 Sora,searching for Riku and Kairi. COM: Sora searching for Riku and also putting emphasis on the promise he made to Kairi. KH2: Searching for Riku than it became searching for Riku and Kairi again.

Secondly Kairi is not useless there has never been one scene where she is useless.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

They'll probably pull a Disney Death type thing - he seems to be dead, but he's back within a few cutscenes, injured but alive.

Hey, it's Disney.

Have either one of you ever watched a classic Disney movie? Once?
Everyone who says "Disney doesn't do death" really needs to go back and actually watch some of the movies.

Anyways, while I would like to see Riku die (though I'd rather see Sora die in the end), death isn't a prominent theme in KH and I doubt it will be one anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back