• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What I wanna know is...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Why is Terra the least popular of the trio? Even though he is the best one in the trio :3

Soxas

personally i agree but different people like other characters for other reason.people like ven because hes fast and has a mysterious past and story.people like aqua because she the most mature,shes great in magic,and because shes like the first playable girl in the series.it just boils down to how you like your characters.

thelolbubble

To me he seems boring and uninteresting. His story is nothing new in Kingdom Hearts, let alone in the RPG world. Yeah yeah, a nice boy trying to be good submitting to the darkness inside him and being all emo about it. He never says anything funny, or anything that gives him personality. He's just like a perfect, hollow, power-crazed cliche. Also he's slow in combat. xD

Allister Rose

French Lover
I say because he is the least mysterious out of the 3 and nothing "new" happened to him. we weren't on the endge of our seats wondering what's going to happen to him (well not me).

his personallity is different out of all 3, and the english version does make it seem like he's going on a different path,b but other than that...i just don't see alot going for him.

Silverslide

To me he seems boring and uninteresting. His story is nothing new in Kingdom Hearts, let alone in the RPG world. Yeah yeah, a nice boy trying to be good submitting to the darkness inside him and being all emo about it. He never says anything funny, or anything that gives him personality. He's just like a perfect, hollow, power-crazed cliche. Also he's slow in combat. xD

Oh shiit mayne im finna go off

Why is he boring and uninteresting? He fits the fallen hero archtype, which I admit has been used alot, but that in no way makes him boring :/ Terra is fighting the darkness the whole time, he never submits to it. Lol Terra was never emo if ANYTHING Ven was emo ya know the whole put an end to me hur durr thing I have never laughed at any of the dialog. KH isn't funny. If you laugh at it you must be corny as hell no offense. Terra has personality. He is loyal to his friends, and Eraqus' who is basically his father. He has dreams like everyone else. But yeah he is perfect, not hollow, and pretty power crazed but hell nah cliche. He isnt that slow. He is about KH1 Soras speed which isnt slow at all. Maybe you just suck with Terra. Only cool people can rock that rock hard brown haired buff manlyness ness that is terra.

I say because he is the least mysterious out of the 3 and nothing "new" happened to him. we weren't on the endge of our seats wondering what's going to happen to him (well not me).

his personallity is different out of all 3, and the english version does make it seem like he's going on a different path,b but other than that...i just don't see alot going for him.

Umm how is him actually being Xemnas and Ansems original selves not mysterious and "new" unless you spoiled yourself. That was VERY unexpected.

Allister Rose

French Lover
eventually he does submits to it...and him being loyal to his friends isn't "new" either...thats even more cliche in the KH series

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I liked all three, but since were talking about Terra:

I agree with Allister, everything was obvious as to what was going to happen to him. Ya, it was interesting on how he dealt with it through out the story, but other than that..he was just...bland...I guess. I liked his fighting style and everything, just he was a walking Kingdom Hearts cliche.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Why is Terra the least popular of the trio?

-gasp!-

No wonder we're so lonely in the Terra FC D:

Even though he is the best one in the trio :3
I agree.

I liked all three, but since were talking about Terra:

I agree with Allister, everything was obvious as to what was going to happen to him. Ya, it was interesting on how he dealt with it through out the story, but other than that..he was just...bland...I guess. I liked his fighting style and everything, just he was a walking Kingdom Hearts cliche.

I can understand Aqua, but how is Ven not a cliche?

Silverslide

becfause they have other stuff going for them, unlike terra.

Except they are just as "cliche" as Terra

Ven: OHAI TERRA, OBAI TERRA I WANNA FIND YOU TERRA I FIND YOU AND I FIND OUT YOU ARE USING DARKNESS TERRA OWAI TERRA
Sora: OHAI RIKU, OBAI RIKU, I WANNA FIND YOU RIKU, I FIND OUT YOU ARE USING DARKNESS RIKU OWAI RIKU

Ahem. Check and mate.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Ven and Terra are both biggest walking cliche's to ever hit Kingdom Hearts, but I still love them as a character, becuase they are new and have new fighting styles (And besides I said, 'but since were talking about Terra').

thelolbubble

Oh shiit mayne im finna go off
Hmm?

Why is he boring and uninteresting? He fits the fallen hero archtype, which I admit has been used alot, but that in no way makes him boring :/
I don't know. He's just so... flat. He doesn't seem to have much emotion at all. Maybe it's the voice actor more then the character himself that makes him seem that way - I don't know. Just nothing about him interested me. He seems like just another Cloud, or Squall, but without the sarcasm or wittiness to make him bearable. There's nothing to connect with. I'm going with what I said before - he just seems empty and hollow.

Terra is fighting the darkness the whole time, he never submits to it.
Um, fight with Eraqus? That's why he kills him. The darkness takes over.

Lol Terra was never emo if ANYTHING Ven was emo ya know the whole put an end to me hur durr thing
Alright, maybe not. Maybe emo wasn't the right word. Serious, I guess. I don't much like Ven, either, by the way. I won't get into it right now.

I have never laughed at any of the dialog. KH isn't funny. If you laugh at it you must be corny as hell no offense.
KH isn't funny? The clash of Disney and exaggerated Final Fantasy characters? And this strikes you as serious? I mean, I'd be worried about myself if I didn't find KH at least a little funny. I haven't laughed out loud at it since the first game - when I was and cheesy, and 12 - but the themes still amuse me.

Terra has personality. He is loyal to his friends, and Eraqus' who is basically his father. He has dreams like everyone else. But yeah he is perfect, not hollow, and pretty power crazed but hell nah cliche.
Yeah he has personality, the same personality traits as everyone else. He's loyal and he has dreams - just like Sora. Just like Ventus. Just like Aqua. Just like Roxas, and Axel, and Xion, and Kairi, and Riku and all the Disney characters. He just doesn't have anything but that - nothing to make him stand out.

He isnt that slow. He is about KH1 Soras speed which isnt slow at all. Maybe you just suck with Terra. Only cool people can rock that rock hard brown haired buff manlyness ness that is terra.
I wasn't saying that he was hard. Terra was very easy. He was just slow, that's all I'm saying. Stuff took longer.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Except they are just as "cliche" as Terra

yet somehow are able to muster up seomthing not completely cliche.....terra=100% cliche

ven and aqua i would have to say....75%. with 25% of uniqueness to the kh series shining over the clicheness...

Silverslide

I don't feel like responding to that so i'll leave it as opinion.

Terra sees you hatin' tho.

yet somehow are able to muster up seomthing not completely cliche.....terra=100% cliche

ven and aqua i would have to say....75%. with 25% of uniqueness to the kh series shining over the clicheness...

Lol not at all tho. Aqua maybe, since her scenario is basically a reaction to the other two, but Ven? Lol no. As I posted and you chose to ignore, Ven scenario is VERY similar to Soras KH1 journey. And many others, "look for person, find person, person is different when found" not "unique" at all. I don't even know how Ven and Unique can be put in the same sentence. Since he is a walking clone of Roxas, and has clothes of Sora :/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Lol not at all tho. Aqua maybe, since her scenario is basically a reaction to the other two, but Ven? Lol no. As I posted and you chose to ignore, Ven scenario is VERY similar to Soras KH1 journey. And many others, "look for person, find person, person is different when found" not "unique" at all. I don't even know how Ven and Unique can be put in the same sentence. Since he is a walking clone of Roxas, and has clothes of Sora :/

That is true. I found Ven's scenario almost an exact replica of Sora's, not that I have anything against it.

1. Goes to a new world, looking for a friend.
2. Meets a native of that world, and helps them out, and makes a new friend.
3. Goes to solves whatever problem is plaguing the world.
4. Leaves.

Jakek9

Damn you guys are bitches.
I personally like the empty personality, it shows ALOT of emotion without showing very much at all. His Scenario so far is the most challenging, and the fact he's stronger. He is a complicated character that most people don't dig deeper to find out, it's more then an empty personality.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I don't feel like responding to that so i'll leave it as opinion.

Terra sees you hatin' tho.

thier journeys have always had similarities between sora not just on riku...though physically he wasn't unique (doesn't exactly have clothes like sora).we are still able to differentiate from sora and roxas easily. that's what makes him unique. at first i thought hew ould be a mix of sora and roxas which is true, but was able to mix in something original that allows us to se him differently

still terra may have a different route, but his overall story and personality isn't the most appealing compared to Ventus and aqua...because ventus and aqua have an in-game mystery that we don't know about as for terra's it was pretty obvious.

What makes terra stand out?

Damn you guys are bitches.
I personally like the empty personality, it shows ALOT of emotion without showing very much at all. His Scenario so far is the most challenging, and the fact he's stronger. He is a complicated character that most people don't dig deeper to find out, it's more then an empty personality.
normmally that would be true if there was any mystery hidden but no he was pretty straightforward.

it's not that we don't like him, we just don't like him over ventus or aqua.

most challenging? like thelight said before....and he's strong? is that a good reason to like him? simply because he's strong?

complicated? no straight forward. what did you find about him that was so complicated?

as for most don't dig deeper to find out isn't really convincing me....

Silverslide

What makes terra stand out?

The fact that he is someone we already know, except not. The fact that he is able to put himself so close to the darkness to gain power(to protect his friends of course) his pants could be a fucking bomb shelter(they are hooge) He was willing to strike down his own "father" to protect his friend. He is the first playable character to rely on crushing brute force. He uses master powers, yet he isn't a master at all(ie seeing into the future) He will do anything to accomplish the mission assigned to him by his father(ie snow whites world) I can go on and on babe.

Allister Rose

French Lover
The fact that he is someone we already know, except not. The fact that he is able to put himself so close to the darkness to gain power(to protect his friends of course) his pants could be a fucking bomb shelter(they are hooge) He was willing to strike down his own "father" to protect his friend. He is the first playable character to rely on crushing brute force. He uses master powers, yet he isn't a master at all(ie seeing into the future) He will do anything to accomplish the mission assigned to him by his father(ie snow whites world) I can go on and on babe.

the father thing...that was going for more eraqus than terra. either way.....the other stuff just aren't my taste...that's the typical jock we see in high school, which i don't like......basically these are all the things any shonen freak would like...true he's not an exact clone of anyone in KH sreies, but still, he's just not "shining" the same way aqua and ven are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back