• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What I wanna know is...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Well i like Terra, he's just my least favorite because he's technically not a new original character. Him and ven are based off of 2 previous characters. Thats why i like Aqua the most, shes completely new and original. She's probably the first main original character since KH1. But, I think Terra's fate was more expected than ven's. Ven's was obvious too, but no one knew how or why. Everyone pretty much could guess how and why Terra is who he is now.

Xenin

Banned
Spoiler Spoiler Show

No....Did you play the game? Xehernort used him and the darkness became to much for Terra. Terra then killed Eraqua on accident. that's why he was so sad...It explains that in the final battle scene. you know the one you see three diffrent times... Anyway..Terra does let the darkness take over but after when he comes to his senses he tells himself he'll make it up to his friends.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
No....Did you play the game? Xehernort used him and the darkness became to much for Terra. Terra then killed Eraqua on accident. that's why he was so sad...It explains that in the final battle scene. you know the one you see three diffrent times... Anyway..Terra does let the darkness take over but after when he comes to his senses he tells himself he'll make it up to his friends.

Stopped reading after the words "Terra killed Eraqus." You either haven't played the game, haven't played Terra's scenario, or really weren't paying attention at all.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Bronze Member

If that's what you think actually happened, I'm not sure it's even worth it to try to argue with you.

I could kind of understand you thinking that if all you saw was the scene from everyone's scenario, since Terra does blame himself. But "Terra was taken advantage of" doesn't imply "Terra was out of control." >=/ And if you think he was, you clearly don't understand Terra as a character on even the broadest level.

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I find Ventus the best out of the three,
But, Terra is good, just slow on guarding, and dodge some attacks, but he is really powerful, that what I like about him.
Ventus I like cause of his story mostly. cause of the connect with him and the main hero of Kingdom Hearts. and Sora is my favorite character, so of course Ventus is gonna be one of my favorite, and I really like Aqua too, I like all of them, but Ventus is my favorite in BBS.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
*bangs head on desk* I was hoping this was going to be a simple q&a, but it's now turned into another opinion bashing thread, for what I think.

Z3N

I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.
*bangs head on desk* I was hoping this was going to be a simple q&a, but it's now turned into another opinion bashing thread, for what I think.

It all varies. People here are highly opinionated on here.

My two cents:
Terra isn't terrible, but seriously not that great. At least in my opinion. Why? We've already seen a character do bad things, fall to darkness blah blah blah, what have you (I refuse to go into this anymore). But it was executed better with him (I think so), and with Terra it was predictable right from the get go. No, it was not identical with the two, but Terra's was dull in the sense, I already knew, for the most part, what would happen.

Ven was my favorite of the trio. His personality and story reminded me a bit of Sora's, but he was also unique. At first he was trying to find Terra. Then crap happens and after RG, just wants friendship, feeling hurt because his two best friends don't seem to believe in him...or something. Interpret that as you wish.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Aqua was dull to me up until the end. Yeah she could fight. But she had a slightly "What I/the Master say(s)/do(es) is right. No exceptions" attitude/personality, which bothered me. (I don't like people who act like that. It's obnoxious.) She redeemed herself by showing her true colors at the end of her scenario, as well as the last episode. She actually had a unique character to her over the typical female role seen in the game, as stated. Her ending as well was entirely unpredictable.

Just my two cents. Terra was predictable all the way through. That's a key issue. So is the fact we've already seen something like this executed before. He also lacks (I personally think so) some defining personality trait. He's flat, boring, etc. Just a "fallen hero" without something that makes him special.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

He wasn't terrible. But he's certainly not the best. Though...he outranked Eraqus by a long shot for me. >_>; Ugh I couldn't stand him. But that's an entirely different subject, now isn't it?

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I don't know, I think saying Terra's boring because his plot purpose was obvious from the beginning are kind of missing the point.

The thing that's interesting about Terra isn't what he does, but why he does it. He might have the same general "fall to the darkness" plotline as Riku did, but his reasons for acting the way he does are entirely different.

And I don't get people who think Terra doesn't have a defined personality. He does. It's just... kind of understated, because he's kind of understated at times. On the one hand, he has this unexpected tendency towards softer, "weaker" emotions, which don't show up as well if you're not paying attention (and that alone makes him rather unique, actually). On the other, he's completely focused on whatever he's doing at the time, to the point of failing to notice anything else. Both of those are unusual for the series, and make Terra into an interesting person in his own right.

Z

Zulkir

Same here. I'm not used to relying so much on magic, and Aqua's physical attacks were just so weak. It was kind of frustrating at first, but once you get all the really powerful magic, it's like whoa.

I have the "exact" same situation. I went V-T-A, so I went from Terra to Aqua. First few hours were "WHY CAN'T SHE DO ANYTHING BAWW!" but now I'm pretty sure she's the most powerful against groups of enemies, just blows them up with fission firaga..ect.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Oh shiit mayne im finna go off

Why is he boring and uninteresting? He fits the fallen hero archtype, which I admit has been used alot, but that in no way makes him boring :/ Terra is fighting the darkness the whole time, he never submits to it. Lol Terra was never emo if ANYTHING Ven was emo ya know the whole put an end to me hur durr thing I have never laughed at any of the dialog. KH isn't funny. If you laugh at it you must be corny as hell no offense. Terra has personality. He is loyal to his friends, and Eraqus' who is basically his father. He has dreams like everyone else. But yeah he is perfect, not hollow, and pretty power crazed but hell nah cliche. He isnt that slow. He is about KH1 Soras speed which isnt slow at all. Maybe you just suck with Terra. Only cool people can rock that rock hard brown haired buff manlyness ness that is terra.

Umm how is him actually being Xemnas and Ansems original selves not mysterious and "new" unless you spoiled yourself. That was VERY unexpected.

it wasnt that unexpected even if you didnt spoil youreslf you might have been able to figure it out. Also i agree that he isn new or interesting but he's still my favorite

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
i liked terra more at first but when he
wanted to pass the keyblade on to Riku

i went mad s1swimmingface

and now i like ven more because he is a spitting image of sora( Aqua quote ftw! )
yes,im a sora fan

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Ven scenario: "WHERE'S TERRA!? D:"
Aqua's scenario: "Terra, what have you done? / He's not going to give in to the darkness"

Yeah... Besides, Ven was advertised that way because he's more recognizable. And if the other two of the three spend almost the entirety of their scenario wondering where exactly the the other one is or what he's doing, then at least imo, that's enough to consider him fairly important.

Regarding main character status, it's definitely Aqua, since she's been officially confirmed to be in that position.
where was that confirmed? her part is definitly sets most of the future sotrylines in motion

Rexy

Bronze Member
where was that confirmed? her part is definitly sets most of the future sotrylines in motion
i think i have read somewhere that Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, althoughing it have 3 main characters, since of the Aqua's story Aqua's scenario and Final Story she can me assumed as Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep main character. Between the 3 of then Aqua s the main main character

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i think i have read somewhere that Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, althoughing it have 3 main characters, since of the Aqua's story Aqua's scenario and Final Story she can me assumed as Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep main character. Between the 3 of then Aqua s the main main character
i dont think you have to put spoiler tags anymore the game is out everywhere and i already finshed it.

Rexy

Bronze Member
i dont think you have to put spoiler tags anymore the game is out everywhere and i already finshed it.
i read somewhere that its a spoiler until one month of the game is out, BBS was out, the more late date, 10 Sept. 2010, so its not a spoiler on 10 Oct. 2010

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I do like Terra. He's just my least favorite of the trio. Guess it's because on his journey he met so many villains and the worlds felt even emptier with him as a result. Ven and Aqua have more to do with the various "heroes" of each world, thus their journey is more enjoyable to me. So sue me. =/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

...so? Doesn't mean everyone has had a chance to play the game, much less complete it. We'll still be using spoiler tags for a while.

CGNET

His story was interesting to me, but it just annoyed me that he kept getting fooled.
It felt as if he wanted to get involved purposely. It wasn't until half way through that I actually started caring for his story.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
His story was interesting to me, but it just annoyed me that he kept getting fooled.
It felt as if he wanted to get involved purposely. It wasn't until half way through that I actually started caring for his story.

In his defense, what he sees and what you, the player, sees are two completely different things. It's not like he grew up watching Disney movies and was taught to judge people by their appearances. Take Master Xehanort for example. One look at him, and you instantly know he's evil. But to Terra, he's a person he's supposed to respect, so there was no reason for him to not trust him. For a guy who's been learning only Keyblade mastery probably since he was a kid, living a sheltered life in LoD where there were no dangers, it's not all that farfetched for him to be fooled. And in most cases, he only helped the villains because he was told they had useful information to help him with his mission.

Radar

Bronze Member
Reasons for OP

He is the least popular because

Ven :because his history and connection to roxas

Aqua: her boobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back