• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What date would you set as the "official" Kingdom Hearts Day and why?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

magic713

Awards
If there was a "Kingdom Hearts Day", I'd probably set it on July 13th. July, because it is the seventh month, representing the Seven Guardians of Light, and 13th for the Organization.

Agree? Disagree? Any other dates you think would be fitting?

WaltK

Awards
July 13th. For obvious reasons.

EDIT: and that's what happens when you don't read the OP first.

Alternatively, January 13th.

597813.jpg

okhi12

Awards
March 28th, since that was the Japanese release date for KH1 in 2002, hence the birth of the series as a whole.
This. It has an actual importance, while July 13th is kinda silly for me. Almost as much as Star Wars "may the force" which I find ridiculous.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
March 28th feels more accessible for people who don't know much about the series so I'd go with that date.

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
I agree with July 13th. Most of the time when a franchise gets it's own day, they don't go with the anniversary. May the Fourth isn't Star Wars' anniversary but it's celebrated as Star Wars day because it's a play on words. April 26th (4/26) isn't the date that Alien was released on, but since the moon that the first two films take place on is called LV-426 it makes sense. Same thing with Mass Effect day being November 7th, a reference to Commander Shepard's rank (N7) in the Systems Alliance military. 7 and 13 are the two most important numbers in Kingdom Hearts, so in my opinion July 13th is appropriate.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Another possibility could be September 17th, since that's when Kingdom Hearts 1 first came out in the U.S., as well as SoKai Day (what fans have dubbed as SoKai Day, I should specify). But tbh, I'd definitely vote March 28th over this, of course. LOL. I just thought I'd mention it since OP is looking for various options.

I was also trying to think of one of those magical days--that's perfect for the Days trio--that we had before, like 08/13/14. But I got nothing that covers all three of them again. (Because if we just chose 08/13, for example, it no longer includes Xion in it since the year isn't 2014 anymore. Same as if we chose 08/14. Then we'd be missing Roxas' 13.).

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I go by March 28th.

I recognise the dates that others have proposed but there's just something about the day that this series, that my heart absolutely loves was born, was first unleashed unto the world that I really appreciate.

This year, when March 28th rolled by, I was devastated that nothing was released to celebrate it. No special artwork, no exclusive image, nothing.

Last year the anniversary was held on April 10th, and while that's a date special to me for personal reasons, I was worried Nomura would try and make it a date special for Kingdom Hearts. But even that didn't happen.

Regardless, I hold March 28th as the official Kingdom Hearts day. It's the day the series was properly born, it's Sora's birthday, and it's a day we all look forward to no matter what.

Back