• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are the Heartless doing here?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Batz

Here's an idle question. Why were there Heartless in Castle Oblivion? Think about it. Organization XIII controls the Nobodies, not the Heartless. So why in the Castle Oblivion "world" inside Castle Oblivion are there Heartless? They shouldn't be there. To be fair, I understand why Heartless were in the game up until then, as they were only Sora's memories, just like the worlds on each floor he fought them in. You only, until the end, fought them in the memory-created card worlds, meaning that until the end of each story, you never actually fought any Heartless. They were just illusions. But the Heartless on the last level were real, as it was the halls of Castle Oblivion rather that some card world. So what were they doing on 13F and B1F?

As a totally unrelated side note, am I the only one who thinks it would have been cooler, instead of that dull and boring final level, for Sora to have fought his way up the spiral staircase Namine drew in the KH2 intro?

Endgame

:D
Joey Batz said:
Here's an idle question. Why were there Heartless in Castle Oblivion? Think about it. Organization XIII controls the Nobodies, not the Heartless. So why in the Castle Oblivion "world" inside Castle Oblivion are there Heartless? They shouldn't be there. To be fair, I understand why Heartless were in the game up until then, as they were only Sora's memories, just like the worlds on each floor he fought them in. You only, until the end, fought them in the memory-created card worlds, meaning that until the end of each story, you never actually fought any Heartless. They were just illusions. But the Heartless on the last level were real, as it was the halls of Castle Oblivion rather that some card world. So what were they doing on 13F and B1F?

As a totally unrelated side note, am I the only one who thinks it would have been cooler, instead of that dull and boring final level, for Sora to have fought his way up the spiral staircase Namine drew in the KH2 intro?

Quite a good point, and one well spotted. The heartless were supposed to be Sora's memories of Heartless, however, the developers obviously didn't take this into consideration when setting up the final two levels, or if they did, simply ignored the plot hole. An excellent find, Joey.

dark dutchman. All I can say is...sad. Very sad. Not only do you have no idea of the real world and it's relations to the in-game world, you are also woefully incorrect.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Zetsumi said:
dark dutchman. All I can say is...sad. Very sad. Not only do you have no idea of the real world and it's relations to the in-game world, you are also woefully incorrect.

LMAO!! Don't spoil it for the one's who think its real :p

Joey Batz

Riku123698745 said:
they're there because this is all coming from sora's memories of these worlds remember?!?!?!?!?! the heartless in those worlds r in his memories, everything there is his memories! got it?

But I'm not talking about the card worlds. I know what the Heartless were doing there (or rather, what they weren't doing). What I was asking was what the Heartless were doing in the final levels, which weren't card worlds but rather the halls of Castle Oblivion itself. That means that the Heartless there weren't illusions, but rather they were real. Why were they there, and how did they get there?

I liked the idea of the Heartless being drawn to the Keyblade, but there is one problem. The barrier between worlds came up, so I don't think the Heartless would be able to just go there (unless someone with the power to control the Heartless was able to get through the barrier and bring the Heartless with them).

sephiroth_024

its very simple, the organization control the heartless as well as hte nobodies, dont u remember back in hollow bastion in KH2 Xehanort even said that the heartless obey the strong, they act on instinct and since the nobodies are neither light nor dark they can control the dark if they want

Joey Batz

*SPOILER ALERT* If you don't want to spoil Kingdom Hearts 2, then don't read this post. I take no responsibility for your idiocy, I merely laugh at it

Organization XIII doesn't control the Heartless (except for Saix, but he gains that ability in KH2, and he wasn't at Castle Oblivion anyway). In KH2, the Heartless and the Nobodies were at war with each other, fighting in the streets of Hollow Bastion. The Organization was not controlling the Heartless. And another question is how would the Heartless have gotten there anyway? The barrier between worlds was up. If I'm mistaken, not even the corridors of darkness can move past the barriers between worlds (which is why when Xehanort discovered the Heartless during his experiments, they didn't spread to other worlds until he opened the door of Hollow Bastion) and therefore the Heartless could not have even gotten to Hollow Bastion.

I actually have a possible theory and why the Heartless may have been there, at least in Riku's game (for Sora's I'm completely stumped). Before heading up to Xehanort, DiZ or Namine (I think DiZ) allowed the shadow of Xehanort in Riku's heart to manifest in physical form so Riku and Mickey could confront it (is that right, or did they just go fight Xehanort? Because if that's the case, then my whole theory just falls apart). Since Xehanort was in the castle in some way, even though he wasn't REALLY there, either the Heartless could have responded to this and came (but that couldn't be because of the barrier between worlds), or the darkness in Riku's heart could have also manifested itself as the Heartless, proably because Xehanort had the power to summon and control the Heartless. It's a bit of a stretch, but you never know. I HATE unanswered questions.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
The Heartless obey whoever is the strongest, which is why Saix could take the control of them away from Maleficent. Nobody's are naturally powerful, so anywhere Darkness is, they should be able to call Heartless

Combine this with the fact that the Heartless follow the Keyblade Master, and it makes perfect sense

The creature Nobody obey whatever an Organization Members orders them, they have no actual will of thier own. Heartless are mindless creatures, slaves to instinct, but they seem to be able to follow simple orders, but nothing more complex then 'hey, I want you to attack these guys'

Maleficent ordered the Heartless to attack the Nobody at Hollow Bastion, and the Organization ordered the Nobody to fight back. I do not think the Heartless and the creature Nobody themselves are at war, or fear or hate each other, it is merely that they are following orders

The mere fact that the Heartless were still in the Worlds in KH2 proves that the barriers were most likely not put up, or atleast not properly.

King Bowser

Well, If the Heartless obey the strongest, why can't Sora control them? They talk about heartless obeying whoever is strongest, and yet Sora can't even control them.

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

Ok, I dont understand something. What is all this crap about "the heartless side with whoever's strongest"? Did none of you read the Secret Ansem Reports? He already says that the only thing that can control a Heartless is a more powerful HEARTLESS.

kh2u25.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS! You've found one of the 4 hidden Nobodies for my contest. If this is your final Nobody sighting, please email the link to this page, as well as the links to the 3 other pages in which you spotted my hidden Nobodies.

Last edited:

sorarocks12

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG said:
Ok, I dont understand something. What is all this crap about "the heartless side with whoever's strongest"? Did none of you read the Secret Ansem Reports? He already says that the only thing that can control a Heartless is a more powerful HEARTLESS.
Play the game.Your wrong others can control them.Ansem only wrote what he knew.Sora doesn't want to control them.Saix and Luxord can control them for example.

Last edited:

Squirrel

and melificent can and so could riku. maybe sora belives that if he tries that his heart will dip to deep into darkness and he is afraid of that

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
King Bowser said:
Well, If the Heartless obey the strongest, why can't Sora control them? They talk about heartless obeying whoever is strongest, and yet Sora can't even control them.

The heartless obey whoever is strongest, and whoever weilds darkness

Sora is the Hero of Light, and thus has no darkness. So there is no way he could, or even want, to control those who belong to the darkness, such as the Heartless

Also, the Heartless fear the keyblade, and thus wish to destroy whoever weilds it. Sora being able to control them would make no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back