• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What 2 ff gamesshould i get now?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

-RikU_

ff 7 for cloud vincent ff8 for squall seifer and zell....or ff10 with tidus auron and stuff....give me reviews on each game:eek:

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
VIII and X. Simple enough.

Although you sound like a VII fanboy already. Maybe you should just get that and be done with it.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
I could tell you VII is overhyped and not worth your money. Would you listen?

-RikU_

Well many people told me hat FF7 is really good just the graphics stink.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Like I said, the fanboys.

VII does not have a strong storyline. VIII and X do, VIII especially. (X's is brilliant aswell, but VIII's is... deeper, bar one rather lame plot twist.)

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I agree. FFVIII and FFX are both great games. FFVII is too, but I dont know, its definetly not on my top list...

FFVIII is about 2 big nations that were in a war. The war finally was over after a secret sudden event, where the biggest nation of all gave up.
Around 17 years later, a sorceress is suddenly trying to take over the world, but its unknown how she suddenly decides this.
You play as Squall Leonheart and you are one of the soldiers that need to make her stop.
But while he is on his mission, he meets a lovely girl named Rinoa Heartilly, and they grow closer to each other. Eventually they find out a secret about very close people to them. But that, and much much much more you will need to find out yourself.
It's a great game, it does have one tiny plot flaw, but aside from that, it's a must!!
Also, many theories have been based on this storyline which actually outdoes that plot flaw I was talking about.

FF10 is about a war between 2 nations (again) that happened 1000 years in the past. One of those nations was totally destroyed. Now you play as Tidus, who is from that nation, and you get sucked 1000 years into the future.
There he meets a very shy girl named Yuna. Love on first sight...
They are on a mission to defeat a great monster that is haunting the people of Spira for a 1000 years now. Every once in a while, when a summoner (Yuna is one of them) has finished her pilgramige, that monster Sin is killed for a few years, but comes back...
Tidus is one of the many that wants to make a full stop of it...

FFVII is about a man named Cloud Strife, taht lost all his memory. Together with his friends he tries to find out the truth about himself and the Shinra corporation. A corporation taht wants to take advantage of the Planet, but in a negative way.
The story is very good just like the other FFs.

1. FFVIII
2. FFX
3. FFVII

That's my recommendation. Although FFIX if you havent played it is a MUST as well!!

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
FFVIII's story was good, battles were okay, FMVs were a LOT better than FFVII's.

FFX: Excellent story, excellent graphics, excellent music, excellent characters. Get this one. Fun battles.

Get FFVIII and FFX.

FFVII's story was good, battle system was okay, battles weren't fun, IMO, only about 3 party members are useful, (4 at most).

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Well FF7 had a GREAT storyline. It has an original wait and attack battle system. It includes alot of great secrets and its just overall fun to play.

FF8- I like the setup of all the skills in this game. The storyline is also good in this one.

FFX- Good storyline, aussi. I loved the gameplay out of this one then any of the others.

Anthology- I loved 5. It had nothing too special to it, but just a good game to play when your bored. I didn't really like 6 too much. It has alot of characters to train and play with, which is pretty fun.

I recommend 5 and 10.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
SN, you obviously like the older FFs. :] Thats mighty dandy, I like 6 and 4 myself, but this person is asking from newer FFs.

Why isnt FF9 on your list? FF9 is the best of the PS1 era, it owns all FFs really. It made the FF Series complete. It took the best of the old and new.

My second pick (If not FF9) goes to FFX. I like X over 7 and 8 clearly. FF7's story was flip floppy and made no sense, and FF8 destroyed its own story with lame excuses.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Riku's Nobody said:
Well FF7 had a GREAT storyline. It has an original wait and attack battle system. It includes alot of great secrets and its just overall fun to play.

Please...you're killing me, here.

Final Fantasy VII's story is told so poorly that fans are still arguing over what happened. Do you know what the worst part is? Major plot points are only revealed through side-quests. I'm all for having rewarding side-quests, but these plot points are so large that they should have been part of the linear course of the game.

The battle system is far from original. The ATB has been around since FFIV (the bars were hidden, though).

Riku's Nobody said:
FF8- I like the setup of all the skills in this game. The storyline is also good in this one.

Worst Final Fantasy ever.

It started off interesting enough, but it was boring from second disc onward. It also has the worst plot twist ever. Most of all, it's mushier than Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I agree that the romantic focus is a refreshing departure from the usual stuff, but I nearly gagged on some of it.

Don't even get me started on the shitty Junction system.

Riku's Nobody said:
FFX- Good storyline, aussi. I loved the gameplay out of this one then any of the others.

I would link to a certain Penny-Arcade strip, but the archives aren't working for me.

Riku's Nobody said:
Anthology- I loved 5. It had nothing too special to it, but just a good game to play when your bored.

Final Fantasy V has the best gameplay of any Final Fantasy. It's so great that the borrowed heavily from the class system for FFTactics. Sure, a class-based system has restrictions, but that's what makes it so fun. The story wasn't so great, though, but the gameplay definitely makes it worth your while.

Riku's Nobody said:
I didn't really like 6 too much. It has alot of characters to train and play with, which is pretty fun.

FFVI is often regarded as the greatest Final Fantasy, because it essentially struck a balance between IV and V. Final Fantasy IV has the best story in the series, while FFV has the best gameplay. FFVI lies somewhere in between them.

monkeybutt said:
Why isnt FF9 on your list? FF9 is the best of the PS1 era, it owns all FFs really. It made the FF Series complete. It took the best of the old and new.

I thought IX was already mentioned somewhere.

...but yeah, Final Fantasy IX is easily the best of the 3D Final Fantasy games. Do you know why that is? It's because it returned to what made the series fun, instead of mimicking Nomura's J-rock-fueled crap. Also, the story was actually told quite well, unlike VII; and it was interesting, unlike VIII. Also, the characters were actually likable.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
^wow great review of them

FFIV- my fav.
FFV- tield with IX as my 3rd fav..
FFVI 2nd fav.

FFIV, FFV, and FFVI you cant go wrong with them

FFVII- is said to be the best because it has Cloud and Sehpy in it, you can put both of them in FFTA and and ppl would say FFTA was the 2nd best FF ever!!!!..just because there in it, AC sucked only hade great cgi sucky plot but yet they was both in it, thats why..All Square has to do is add thoughs to a game and it will sell no matter how sucky it is..

FFVII is good but not the best..

Sniper SC

FFVII would definitely be the one to get next. This is because it has the most amazing storyline out of all of the final fantasies so far. The graphics may not be that good and it does not have voiced-character's, but it is one of the most addictive of the final fantasies.

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
Even more l4wlz

Get IV and V or VI.

I haven't played the older ones, I probably won't, either. I'd like to, but I don't know much about them. I also don't think my Atari/Nintendo/SNES work anymore. The SNES one does, but it's.. I'm not even sure where. o_O As for my Nintendo, you have to bang on it a bit, (har) but it might work. Atari, I haven't tried in a long time, last time I checked it didn't work.

lawl is old ;_; It got old when Kira Haro started using/butchering it. Same with "ftw". Either he didn't know what "ftw" meant, or just had a habit of saying it every other line, because he used it for both things that weren't "ftw" and were "ftw".

Crazy.

Anyway, I also recommend FF9. It is one of my favorite of the series, tied with FFX. I laughed the most during this FF game, the dialogue was far superior to FFVII and FFVIII.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Yup FFIX's dialogue was very good. The story is also very good, except I have issues with the end of it, but that's my problem.

The battle system is also good, but somehow it didn't appeal to me.

As for the characters? They're great. xD Seriously awesome.

I guess people can debate on this thing forever. You love it or hate it. Depends on the person that you are.

I loved it, I know others hate it.
Its a system you need to practice with, that's for sure.

I haven't played the older ones, I probably won't, either. I'd like to, but I don't know much about them. I also don't think my Atari/Nintendo/SNES work anymore. The SNES one does, but it's.. I'm not even sure where. o_O As for my Nintendo, you have to bang on it a bit, (har) but it might work. Atari, I haven't tried in a long time, last time I checked it didn't work.
Luckily FF4 is already out for the GBA now and FF6 is coming soon as well. FF3 is almost finished for the DS sooo... ;)

Anyways, I htink you can make a choice now right? Although everyone here have their own opinion about which FF you should get. Yet, it looks like most people here made clear FF7 is not on the MUSTHAVE list right now... xD

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Square Ninja said:
Please...you're killing me, here.

Final Fantasy VII's story is told so poorly that fans are still arguing over what happened. Do you know what the worst part is? Major plot points are only revealed through side-quests. I'm all for having rewarding side-quests, but these plot points are so large that they should have been part of the linear course of the game.

Worst Final Fantasy ever.

It started off interesting enough, but it was boring from second disc onward. It also has the worst plot twist ever. Most of all, it's mushier than Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I agree that the romantic focus is a refreshing departure from the usual stuff, but I nearly gagged on some of it.

I would link to a certain Penny-Arcade strip, but the archives aren't working for me.

...but yeah, Final Fantasy IX is easily the best of the 3D Final Fantasy games. Do you know why that is? It's because it returned to what made the series fun, instead of mimicking Nomura's J-rock-fueled crap. Also, the story was actually told quite well, unlike VII; and it was interesting, unlike VIII. Also, the characters were actually likable.

Ok well for FF7 I liked it in my opinion. I don't care who didn't. It was one of my favorites. FF8 was one of the worst FF's, but still enjoyable.

What do you mean penny arcade?

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Isnt this fun though? To read everyone's opinions? I really like it, because it shows how different we all think about it...

I for one love 6, 8, 9 and 10, others love 4, 5, 6, others hate 7, 8 and 10, etc...

You cant really ask on a forum which one to buy since everyone has their own opinions.

I guess the real question is: Topic poster, what kind of RPGs do you like? Is the story you fully want to be drown in. Where afterwards you start thinking and making theories?

Or is it the characters? You want to compare yourself with them or idolise them?

Or the battle system maybe? Do you want it to be plain and simple, simple but with strategy or hardcore?

Thats kind of what its about...

Story where you are drown into: FF4, FF6, FF7 (though debatable), FF8 (though debatable), FF9, FF10
A lot of theories around the story: FF7, FF8
Makes you wonder afterwards about the story: FF4, FF6, FF10

Best character developements: FF4 (Cecil and the other characters are all developed very good) FF6 (biggest main character list of all FFs), FF7 (a whole variety of characters all thought out very good), FF9 (the biggest racial variety in any FF and everyone have their own story), FF10 (all characters have their own background story)

Simple battle system: FF4, FF5, FF9 (simple can be good though! with these games its very good its simpler than the other ones I played)
Simple but with strategy: FF6, FF7, FF10
Hardcore: FF8 (definetly debatable, but it's a fact that you need a lot of practice to understand how it works. Once you get the hang of it, most people like it a lot... if you cant get the hang of it, you hate it...)

If you dont agree, its fine. Just say what you think differently about it. We all ahve our opinions on this I guess.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
I think that you should get Final Fantasy X. It has great graphics, storyline, FMV's, the works. I would also recoment Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy X-2. If you like X, you might like X-2. Some love it, others hate it. VII is over rated in my opinion. good game, but not great game. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back