• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► .:We Belong Together Like the Open Seas and Shores:.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish

Greetings! Welcome to my humble fanfiction with a very long title. Well this story the classic 'two people fall in love and overcome their social status' love story. Except in this one its much more difficult and modern. Theres drugs, violence, homicidal boyfriends, best friend dilemas and much much more. It starts out sweet in the begining but becomes more angsty later in...okay Im done ranting so read and critique please ^_^
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...:We Belong Together Like the Open Seas and Shores:…

Before Romeo and Juliet…

There was Tristan and Isolde…

Now there is Dark and Calista…

When fate betrays your heart…

Destiny leaves you no choice…

Love…

Conquers…

All…
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was September when I first laid eyes on her. It was the beginning of the end, and a new beginning…

“Dai!” A woman’s voice called form the bottom of the stairs. The voice belonged to Emiko Niwa, the only living female in the Niwa bloodline.

She was fairly attractive with short sandy hair and bright brown eyes, and didn’t really fit the average housewife look. At this moment she was sporting a lime green turtleneck and a knee-length black skirt.

“Yes, Mom?” A voice replied from the pinnacle of the stairs. “Come down here and greet your cousin! You haven’t seen him in ages!” She cheerfully chimed back at her son.

“All right!” A male’s voice sighed from the stairs. Soon Daisuke Niwa came in to view. The short, skinny teenager of fourteen jumped the last step and turned to his mother. His strawberry red hair which sprouted from all directions and red eyes made him appear quite unlike his mother. “Remind me again why he’s coming to live with us?” Daisuke sighed with remorse.

Daisuke already had enough trouble between girl problems and the amount of homework he was given; now he had to show his older cousin around town. “Because we haven’t seen him in such a long time and because he’s now officially the newest student at your school!”

Daisuke yawned trying to figure just HOW his mother could be so cheerful in the morning. Must be the coffee…Daisuke isn’t allowed to drink coffee yet. His mother says it will stunt his growth…

There was the familiar ‘DING DONG!’ from the front of the house and Daisuke’s shoulders slumped farther down, “He’s here…” Emiko joyfully declared, “I’ll get it!”

She took off down the hall with such speed she could give a husky a run for its money. “She’s acting like a doting schoolgirl…” Daisuke mentally whined.

“Kyuu!” A small voice squeaked in greeting. Daisuke yawned, ‘Morning, With!” Daisuke’s pet rabbit sat atop the counter eating a strawberry. With looked quite different from other rabbits, but he was white with floppy fluffy ears and red eyes, like any normal rabbit…they never figured out why he said, ‘Kyuu.”

“Dai! Where are your manners? Come say hello!” His mother beckoned from across the house. Daisuke smiled, “Might as well get this over with right?” He addressed With.

Oh God. First sign of insanity…talking to a rabbit.” With leapt on to Daisuke’s shoulder as the boy trekked down the hallway.

He stopped about 3 feet away from his mother and cousin…He stopped dead in his tracks out of sheer terror.

“Dai? Don’t be shy, say hello!” Emiko smiled at her terror-stricken son.
“YOU DIDN’T TELL ME HE WAS COMING!” Daisuke yelped as he stared at the boy beside his mother.

“Aw come on squirt! Is that any way to say hello to your favorite older cousin?” The older boy said while giving Daisuke a noogie.

Daisuke jerked away and rubbed his sore head, “Who said you were my favorite Dark?” The older boy laughed, “Me.”

Daisuke grumbled about communists and perverts before he looked his cousin up and down. “You got taller…” He observed.

The older boy smirked, “Yep…and look at you! I think you’ve gotten,-“He stepped forward so he was right in front of Daisuke, “Shorter…” True enough, Daisuke only did reach up to Dark’s chest.

“Oh shut up!” Daisuke grumbled in annoyance with his face almost as red as his hair.

This was Dark Mousy. Daisuke’s older cousin by 3 years. Dark was 17 years old while his ickle cousin was 14.

Daisuke looked his cousin over again noting his intense amethyst colored eyes, wild untamed purple tresses. It had been years since Daisuke had last saw Dark seeing as Dark had lived on the other side of the country.

“Kyuu kyuu!” With squealed and jumped at Dark.
Dark caught the furry creature with a chuckle, “It’s good to see you too With.” With originally belonged to Dark but since Dark had lived in an apartment with no pets, he was left in the care of the Niwas.

Daisuke and Dark were two total opposites of each other. Daisuke was short and scrawny while Dark was tall and muscular. Daisuke was cute, Dark was breathtakingly handsome, Daisuke was shy and uncertain, Dark was suave and seductive.

“Well it’s nice to see you two getting along! You better hurry off to school! Go on!” Emiko said happily and hugged the two before shoving them out the door.

The two walked in silence for a few minutes until Dark asked, “So, Daisuke are there any cute girls at this school of yours?” Daisuke let out an annoyed groan, “I don’t know, don’t ask me ask Sae-,”

“HELLO DAISUKE!” A loud thundering voice interrupted the redhead and forced him in to a headlock, “-hara…” The teenage boy sniggered, “Hey Daisuke look at what I got for you!”

He pulled out a few photos, “”R-Riku-san?” Daisuke blushed as Saehara handed him an 8x10. “Yep, because I know you love Harada!” Saehara laughed.

“Really now…?” Dark asked with a mischievous gleam in his eyes. Daisuke’s eyes bulged with terror, but Saehara blinked, “Hey Daisuke, who’s he?” Daisuke didn’t answer since he was on the verge of fainting so Dark answered for him, “I’m Dark, Daisuke’s older cousin.”

Saehara started to laugh uncontrollably, as if someone told him the funniest joke in the world. “You’re kidding me! You…DAISUKE’S cousin?” Daisuke bowed his head in embarrassment, “Saeharaaaaaa!” He whined in exasperation.

After a few more seconds Saehara’s laughter subsided and he straightened up, “Sorry about that. It is just hard to believe that you and Daisuke are related. I’m Takeshi Saehara by the way.” The brunette announced and held out his hand for Dark to shake.

Dark grasped Saehara’s hand with a satisfied grin, “Dark Mousy.” He motioned to himself with his thumb. “So who is this Riku I just heard about Dai?” He mischievously inquired. Daisuke flushed bright red and looked the opposite direction to ignore Dark.

Saehara smirked and passed Dark the photo he gave Daisuke. In the picture was a fourteen year old brunette girl with bright amber eyes and shoulder length russet hair. She was holding a lacrosse stick and talking to a person cut out of the picture.

Dark got that naughty perverted smirk on his face and said, “Heh, she’s hot…” At that precise moment Daisuke stiffened like a cat scenting a mouse, which Saehara ignored and grinned back, “Riku Harada, she is in our grade, Daisuke has got it bad for her…”

Daisuke then exploded, “I do not! She is just a friend!” His face was so scarlet it was steadily growing darker than his hair. Dark and Saehara smirked at each other before saying,” Riiiiight…” Daisuke then began shaking with fury and said, ‘Screw you both!”

Dark blinked slowly, “Daisuke that sounds wrong…in so many ways….I am your cousin and what you do in your private life is none of my business.” Daisuke then twitched multiple times before throwing his hands in to the air and stomping away from them. Dark smiled slightly at the scene before him, “This school year should be pretty…entertaining…”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...:School Courtyard:…

The masses of students swarmed in to the school courtyard to converse and chit-chat with their fellow teenagers. Some sat on benches, some preferred to stand, and various ones park themselves on the ground while others leaned against walls.

Daisuke, Saehara and Dark crossed the threshold in to the school grounds and looked around. Individual thoughts ran through their heads.

Daisuke was thinking, “Oh man I don’t think I can face Riku after what those two jerks said…”

Saehara was pondering, “I wonder what I can use for my next story…a reporter must always be on his toes after all…”

Dark was fantasizing, “Schweet…girls, girls, girls…”

The three teenager’s thoughts were soon interrupted by a yell of, “Niwa!” Heads turned to glimpse a teenage girl running towards them waving at the redhead. Daisuke’s face instantly glowed with a blush as he waved back weakly. “H-Hi, Riku.”

Dark got that evil smirk again, “So this is Riku…” The brunette panted as she reached the three and said, “Good morning Niwa, Saehara, and who is this?” She asked Daisuke as she motioned at Dark. Daisuke gulped and swallowed his shyness slowly.

“T-That’s my older cousin Dark…” Daisuke explained to the female with a shaky voice. Riku smiled at Dark with a friendly grin, “Nice to meet you, I’m Riku Harada!” Dark gently grabbed her hand, “Bonjour ma chere mademoiselle.” Dark said before lightly kissing her hand as if she were a princess.

Riku blinked and blushed slightly while Saehara snickered in the background, but Daisuke….oh boy he was not amused. “Dark! Let go of her now!” He growled at the older teen. Dark cast him a challenging gaze, “Jealous Daisuke?” He asked innocently.

Daisuke blushed even redder before saying, “Of course not! You evil, perverted scoundrel!” Dark ignored the green with envy redhead and looked to the side, catching a group of girls staring at him. He smiled and gave them a wink which caused them to blush and dive in to a fit of giggles and whispers.

Many people seemed to have noticed Dark and were staring at him as well. Girls were whispering and gossiping everywhere he looked. “I could get used to this…”He thought fondly. “Here comes Mr. King.” Saehara muttered. Dark blinked, “Who?” Saehara then pointed to the right.

A small group of people were entering the courtyard leaded by one particular male who Dark thought must be ‘Mr. King’. Dark observed the leader who had long blonde hair tied in a ponytail and matching golden eyes which appeared catlike. A couple girls and guys followed him, talking amongst them.

“What’s Mr. I Rule the School’s deal?” Dark asked Saehara. The brunette replied, “His name is Krad King, his name says it all. He is the ranking king at our school, all the girls love him and he heads his little gang called the White Wings.”

Dark was already getting an aura he didn’t find too appealing from this Krad. “What a bastard…” Dark snorted with dislike. Saehara smirked, “Yeah a number of people think that. Riku’s little sister Risa rolls with them, but she isn’t really a bitch like some of them are.

Saehara pointed in to the small crowd at a long haired brunette girl on Krad’s left. “I take it she and Riku are twins…” Dark blinked slowly. Dark’s eyes strayed through the small group looking at all the girls. He was about to turn back to Saehara but one particular girl caught his eye.

“Who is she?” He asked Saehara while motioning to the girl. Saehara stood on his tip-toes to see who Dark was pointing at. A smile spread over his face, “You’ve got good taste Dark, that’s Calista Chaynd, the hottest girl in school.”

Dark smirked and observed this ‘Calista’ with interest. She had long lilac hair which ended at her mid-back, sparkling violet eyes, a slim physique and a beautiful smile. “She’s hot…” Dark grinned to Saehara. The brunette laughed, “I hear ya man, but don’t get any ideas. Krad practically owns her, he beats any guy that so much as talks to Calista to pulp.”

Dark raised an eyebrow, “Heh, protective boyfriend huh?” Saehara laughed in response, “You don’t know the half of it man.” Saehara’s attention turned away as a member of the school newspaper started a conversation with him. Dark just stared at Calista a little longer before Daisuke snapped him out of his trance, “Dark, you have to go to the office to get your schedule okay?”

“Huh? Oh yeah, sure!” Daisuke nodded in reply before turning around to converse with Riku. Dark’s eyes continued to linger on the girl for a few more minutes. Risa was now talking to her and had apparently told her something humorous because Calista started to laugh in response along with the brunette. Dark shook his head, “No, no BAD Dark! BAD! Naughty thoughts!”

Dark then leaned against the wall and continued to watch. He noticed Calista was dressed in the typical school uniform like everyone else, he looked at his own clothes which were identical to Daisuke’s and Saehara’s. Except Dark had undid the collar because he didn’t enjoy the way it scraped against his neck.

Dark then took a moment to realize he was taking far too much interest in this girl than he should. She was on the summit of the social scale while Dark didn’t even fit anywhere hitherto. Yet his traitorous eyes kept straying back to her like a magnet to a refrigerator.

Dark continued to gaze at her with intensity in his eyes as the amethyst orbs lingered on the girl. And then suddenly he felt his heart pound as she looked up and noticed him staring….

Shit…o.o” Dark mentally slapped himself.

However…at that instant…time stood still. He looked and her, and she looked at him. She had a surprised expression on her angelic face but it soon subsided as she smiled at him and waved to him. Dark could only gawk and stare at her beautiful eyes. They were deep purplish-blue seas, seeking to drown him, render him helpless before her. Finally snapping out of his baka-like state he flashed his famous dazzling smile and gave a short wave.

She seemed to emit a small laugh and smiled at him as she walked with her friends. Yet their eyes met and sparks seemed to fly from a strange connection. Could this be love at first sight?...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
We belong together,
Like the open seas and shores.
Wedded by the planet force,
We've all been spoken for.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Well what did you think? Critiques and comments are welcome ^_^ Oh and I dont own any of these characters. They are from DNAngel and owned by Yuriku Sugisaki. Except Calista, she in mine. Special thanks to K_K for helping me come up with the title!

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Yay! I've been thanked! xD;

*ahem*

SA, I hate you and yer awesome writing skizzles. ¬.¬ <-- BEWARE TEH FACE OF PWNAGE!! >=D

Yeah. QUIT TWITCHING, DAISUKE!! SERIOUSLY! QUITE REMINDING ME OF THE....RELATED....NESS...

..AND, RIKU!! YOU STOP WITH YER SPORTYNESS!! I DON'T WANT AN EXCUSE FOR MY LOVE OF TRIPLE S!! SOFTBALL, SWIMMING, SOCCER! o.-;

Awesomeness, SA. =D

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
¬.¬

What now, K_K?! OH, WHAT NOW?!

This fic is teh roxorzness! 101oheroeu! O, hero... I DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO TYPE THAT!

TWILIGHT ZONEERZERWRIOU!

I'm thinking about buying some D.N.Angel. This fic might push meh over teh edge.

*is already falling off cliff* Wait...

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
Thanks for the reviews everybody.Here is the second chapter! In case you are wondering ht lyrics from Gavin DeGraw's song 'we belong together' is in the begining of every chap to show the theme of the chapter. It will get mosre angsty as you find out the secrets Dark and Calista harbor and when they finally admit their feelings. So read on!

…Will you try to live the way of which you speak?...

…Taste the milk of your mother earth's love?...

…Spread the word of consciousness you see?...

…We are everything we need…

They continued to gaze at each other with intensity in their eyes so deep it seemed capable to drown in them. Amethyst pierced lilac, and lilac infiltrated amethyst. It was like a magic that only two could tell. Forever shined in her eyes while heaven glistened in his... Then suddenly the trance was broken…

Krad had obviously noticed his girlfriend’s gaze and had pulled her along by the shoulder, leading her away from Dark’s penetrating stare, but not before locking his catlike golden orbs on to Dark. They seeped in to Dark’s amethyst eyes, and held a cold and threatening glare, which clearly said, “Piss off…”

The threat was not spoken, but it was clear. Krad then turned away from Dark’s gaze and resumed walking with his group. Dark’s eyes followed them until they entered the school; Krad was talking to Calista and from what Dark could tell it wasn’t a loving dialogue. Calista nodded quickly at the blonde with obvious fear gleaming in her lilac eyes.

Krad seemed to nod his head and pull Calista against him possessively. Dark followed Calista’s expression and noticed that she looked…sad? Her eyes showed sadness but she was hiding it with a humorous front. She was speaking to Risa once again and laughing….but Dark could see…her laugh was hollow…

The bell chimed loudly, alerting the students that school hours had begun. Dark then remembered Daisuke’s instructions and he set off in to the building. He perceived all the stares he was receiving and all the whispers about him. He didn’t care if he was showing no modesty at all. He smiled at girls, causing them to melt on the spot, and it satisfied him.

He continued walking and his thoughts started to wander, “What was that feeling? When she looked at me…my heart started to race…I couldn’t tear myself away from her eyes…they were so…beautiful…no…NO! Stop it Dark, you’re only kidding yourself. You cannot have feelings for a girl, especially one so different from yourself…”

He snapped out of his trance when he realized something very important…he had no idea where the office was…-.-

“Ah…crap.” He then noticed two girls standing by a doorway talking amongst themselves. “Might as well ask…” He strode over towards him with such natural grace it could make Leonardo Dicaprio green with envy.

Bonjour Mademoiselles.” He greeted with his heart melting smile as he stood before them. The two females looked up and gasped at Dark when they noticed how extremely attractive he was. The blonde blinked a few times, as if not daring to believe that this boy wasn’t some heavenly god come to earth.

The raven topped girl blushed intensely before squealing, “Ohayo…” Dark playfully tilted his head and asked, “By any chance do you lovely ladies know where I might find the office?”

The females looked at each other and emitted identical giggles. The blonde spoke up foremost, “Tee hee, its right down this hallway and to the left.” Dark smiled again, “Thanks.” He turned to resume his trek but the raven topped girl asked, “Wait! Um…what’s your name?” She asked while reddening in the face.

Dark smiled at the two before replying, “Dark…” The two exchanged looks and smiled with their faces bright red. Dark winked, “See you ladies later…” He started walking away, down the hall. He smirked to himself, “Damn, I’m good…”

He approached the office and pulled open the door and glanced around the empty white room. Files were stacked on the cabinet, papers were strewn across the desk, and attendance sheets were piled on the counter. Dark leaned against the wall as he waited for someone to reenter the room.

After about three minutes the door slowly opened and Dark looked up to see someone he did not expect.

Was it by fate that I met her that morning inside that cluttered office…?

It was as if, once again time stood still. The lilac haired beauty entered the office carrying a manila folder and a preoccupied expression. She then noticed Dark and her eyes bulged, and a small blush filled her cheeks. The two just stared at each other for about a minute, not speaking at all. Talk about first impressions.

Dark then smiled and broke the silence, “Hey there…” Calista smiled in response, “Hi…are you waiting for someone?” Dark nodded, and as he did so his feral tresses swayed, “I need to get my class schedule and my cousin told me to come here.”

Calista replied, “Oh, no wonder I thought that I’d never seen you before…” Dark smirked, “Yeah, if I wasn’t new I’d definitely remember someone as pretty as you…” Calista looked up at that comment and smiled with a small blush, “Thanks…I would have remembered someone as handsome as you anyway…”

She then stood in front of him and asked, “Where did you move here from?” Dark grinned and replied, “I lived in Paris, but I was originally born here.” Calista’s eyes widened at his response, “Really? I’ve always wanted to go to Paris! Is it really as beautiful as everyone says?”

Dark gazed at her, letting his eyes percolate hers, “Yeah, it’s the city of lights after all.” Calista laughed and Dark grinned in amusement. “Oh! I’m sorry I don’t know your name…” Dark replied, “I’m Dark, and you’re Calista right?”

Calista blinked in confusion, “Huh? How’d do you know?” Dark smirked and simply said, “Saehara told me.” Calista looked deep in thought as if trying to remember something important, “Saehara…he’s the editor of the school newspaper right?” Dark nodded in reply to assure her that she was right.

The door then suddenly opened and a woman with short curly grey hair walked in carrying a series of envelopes. Her coke bottle glasses were slightly foggy as they caught the light from the overhanging bulbs. She then took a moment to realize that two people were also in the room. “Oh! Do you two need something?” She questioned.

Dark spoke first by saying, “I’m new, and I was told to go here for my schedule.” The lady nodded and went towards an old IBM computer, “What is your name sweetheart?” She asked like an old woman.

“Dark Mousy.” He shortly replied as he absentmindedly blew a strand of hair from his eyes. There were a series of ‘taps, clicks, and bells ringing’ from the computer as a pop-up jingled. The sound of the printer went off and soon a sheet of paper with classes written on it came out.

“Here you are dear. Is that for me? Thank you sweetie.” The woman smiled as she took the envelope from Calista and handed Dark his schedule simultaneously. The two left the office as Dark read his schedule. “What class do you have now?” She asked curiously.

Dark answered, “Social Studies with Mrs. Saru.” Calista responded, “I’m in that class, we can walk together if you want.” Dark grinned, “Sure!” Of course he said ‘sure’ on the outside but on the inside he was screaming, “SCORE!”

The two walked onward down the hall and Dark asked, “Were you born here?” Calista bit her bottom lip, “I actually…don’t know where I was born…when I was a baby my parents abandoned me and left me with my grandma.”

Dark’s eyes widened and he instantly regretted saying anything, “Oh, I’m sorry to hear that…” Calista gave a small smile, “Its okay. I live at a group home now and I’ve gotten used to it by now.” They neared the classroom and Calista asked, “Your cousin is Daisuke Niwa right?” Dark nodded, “Yep. Hard to believe?” Calista gave a shrug, Sort of…but Daisuke takes advanced social studies so he’s in this class.”

Dark wanted to bang his head on the wall right there and now. Calista pulled open the door, “See ya later.” She said and headed towards her desk. Dark watched her go with a slight aura of loneliness around him. He headed inside and saw her sitting at the third row back next to Risa and some other black haired girl. He then noticed Daisuke by his strawberry red hair sitting at the second row.

Mrs. Saru smiled, “Class, we have a new student today. Say hello to Dark.” The class gave a hello in unison. Dark smirked and headed towards the vacant desk near Daisuke. “Dark why don’t you tell the class about yourself, so we can know more about you.” The teacher suggested.

Dark paused near the front and looked at all the students carefully. Every girl in the room except Riku and Calista were swooning over Dark and looked love struck. “Well I lived in Paris for a while. I like to draw and paint and I also play the guitar pretty well. I’m 17 and single.” He added with a wink to the girls in the classroom who broke out in to giggles.

Dark then took his seat and looked up at the board…well pretended to but he was actually glancing at all the girls who were whispering and giggling about him. He noticed Risa talking to Calista, looking as though she was going to faint.
[COLOR]
About 20 minutes in to the class, Dark was already bored and was doodling on the corner of his paper. There was a discussion about economy and how some people are richer than others. “What can we do to make our lives slightly less comfortable but more comfortable for others less fortunate?” The teacher asked.[/I]
COLOR]
Everybody was pretty much zoned out and not paying attention. Calista raised her hand slowly caught between indecision. Dark then paid attention to the conversation. “Yes Cal?” Mrs. Saru asked. Calista replied, “Well, we can live without comforts like air conditioning in every room, since most homeless shelters have none. Also we could be more conservative of the food we eat, since we usually throw out half full bags of chips and stuff.”

“Very good! And do you think you could live by that?” She countered the lilac haired girl. Calista thought about it for a moment, “Yeah, I think I could.” The teacher nodded and went back to writing on the board. Dark thought about what she said and realized he too took things for granted. 10 minutes later the bell rang and the students collected their possessions and headed for the door.

“Hey Daisuke! What do you have next?” Dark called to his cousin. Daisuke blinked, “Math. What about you?” Dark checked his schedule once again before saying, “Science…I hate science!” He then kicked a desk in frustration and marched out of the room and towards the science lab. He knew where this was because he passed it on his way to the office this morning. He once again noticed tons of girls staring at him and basked in the attention.

He soon crossed the threshold of the science lab and looked around, “Hey! You have science?” A familiar voice asked him from behind. He turned around with a smile, “Fancy meeting you here.” Calista giggled and opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted as someone pulled her with them, “Come on Calista.” Krad said and led her down the row of desks away from Dark.

Dark didn’t find this too amusing at all. He was about to go and tell Krad to back off…but of course the teacher walked in to the room, “Okay everyone take your seats!” Dark headed for the available lab table and sat down next to a boy with sandy hair and green eyes. “I’m here!” A voice shouted as they dove in to the room at the bell.

“Right at the bell again Saehara…” The teacher chuckled as the boy got to his feet, “Sorry teach…Hey Dark!” The boy called as he noticed Dark. Dark grinned, “What’s up?” “All right guys tea time is over sit down.” The teacher laughed.

Saehara sat on Dark’s other side and pulled out his folder which was cluttered with pen marks, doodles, notes and paper. The teacher Mr.Levi wrote on the board, ‘Biology Project’. He then turned around, “Yes kids you have a project! You will work with one partner of the opposite gender and together you will make a report on a biological topic of my choice.”
There were numerous groans and yells of, “Dictatorship!” Mr. Levi then pulled out a list and started to speak, “Now the groups will be…Saehara and Ms. Fakuta….Ukawa and Sakura…Krad and-“
“Calista.” Krad stated while putting an arm around Calista’s shoulders. Mr. Levi raised an eyebrow, “No Mr. King. Normally I would have you two work together but seeing as Calista is top of the class I’m going to have her work with Dark since he is new.”

Krad looked positively shocked and then soon enraged. Saehara smirked and elbowed Dark, "You sly dog!" Krad looked over at Dark with a sinister expression as Calista got up and walked over to Dark’s desk. It was clear that Krad wasn’t going to make this any easier. “Now I’ll hand out your packets and you can decide how you will do this.” The sensei spoke and began passing out paper.

Dark couldn’t help but feel satisfied and pleased, but he knew that he and Krad weren’t going to develop a friendship any time soon. The assistant teacher MRS. WINSTON-HEIMER handed out the rubrics. “So what is our topic?” Dark asked as Calista read the packet.

“Well the animal we are assigned to research is the penguin.” She read from the sheet. Dark blinked and asked dibelievingly, “Penguin?” She nodded, “That’s what it says…” Dark sighed, “I come here and have to research penguins….I’m sure going to Harvard now…” Calista giggled and reread the packet, “It looks like we have to go to the zoo, and we can go in to the penguin exibit….”

Dark sighed, “Just how I wanted to spend my Saturday…walking around an exibit with a bunch of tuxedo wearing chickens…” Calista laughed, “Dark be more optimistic!” Dark then grinned, “All right. I’m glad you are my partner.” Calista blushed, “Uh thanks…I’m glad too..”

Dark smirked that oh so attractive smirk and said, “You are beautiful.” Calista blushed madly and looked away with a modest smile. “I don’t often hear that…” Dark blinked in bewilderment, “Huh? Why?” Calista sadly looked down, “I never really had a family…I guess I’m an orphan…”

Dark felt an immense wave of saddness wash over him as she said this. “You never knew your parents?” He questioned her. She shook her head in response and slightly smiled, “They say a mother’s love is the strongest love in the world…it’s sad I never can know what people mean…” She sighed sadly caught up in her emotions.

“What about…you know Krad?” He asked after he glanced at the enraged blonde. “He doesn’t know what I mean…Krad is…never mind.” She cut herself off and looked away. “Well we better get started!” She said with an optimistic smile. Dark smiled back, “Okay so when should we go to the zoo?” Calista thought for a minute before answering, “How about tomarrow after school?”

“That’s good.” He nodded as wrote some things down in his binder. “What was she going to say? It was something about Krad…does he beat her…? He doesn’t look like the loving type…There you go again Dark! Stop worrying about her and concentrate on something else!”

He glanced over as she was writing some things on her paper while she absentmindedly tossed a lock of hair from her violet eyes. Dark felt his heart pound against his chest, his throat go dry, and his eyes linger. “What…is this feeling? Ive never felt this way before…”

Maybe it’s intuition,
Some things you just don’t question…
Look in your eyes, I see my future in an instant.
And there it goes, I think I found my best friend.
I know it might sound more than a little crazy, but I believe…-

Calista looked up and caught him staring at her. She smiled and cocked herhead, “See something you like?” Dark snapped out of his trance and smirked, “Maybe…” Calista laughed, and when she did Dark felt light as a feather. He felt like a better man just being in the same room.

Dark then shook his head and forced himself to deny his feelings. “No…I cant get close to anyone…” The bell sounded and the scuffle of students as they filed out of the room echoed down the halls. Dark got up and asked, “What class do you have next?” She looked and replied, “Ugh…Math…what about you?”

Dark then refrenced his schedule once again, “Computer.” Calista nodded, “Do you know where it is?” Dark nodded and asked, ‘Want me to walk you to class?” Calista’s eyes widened and her cheeks became pink, “You don’t have to…”

Dark grinned and took her books from her, “I want to though…” Calista shyly smiled, “Okay…” The two headed for the door smiling and talking. But when they got to the door they saw someone waiting for them….
It was Krad…

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Another special thanks to Thelonepickle for the assistant teachers name XD

To K_K and Grindergirl for helping me with inspiration.

I dont own the song 'I Knew I Loved You' by Savage Garden. I cut it off purposely.

Next time: Krad and Dark collide and Krad tells Dark to stay away from Calista. This chapter focuses on Calista's feelings and where she stands in the love triangle. Also what happens when Risa, Calista's best friend tells Calist about her love for Dark?

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
OH YER GEE! *squeals*

*pulls off mask* BWAHAHA! *ish an alien*

Real TLP: DIE! *tackles and KEEEEEEYYYILLLS!* o.o YO-YO EURO! o.o Jeez, this is intense! UPDATE! PLEASEY! And you're welcome with teh name of course! XDDD What were we all smoking when we thought "Mrs. Winston-Heimer" was a realistic, good name? o.o XDDD

UPDATE! OH MY GEE! I'Z LIKE YER FAN NOW!!111oneoeN!oeiur2oji@!q! o.o

Update.

*kicks fake TLP corpse*

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
Oiyo! This is about 1/4 pf a chapter I'm working on, I'll edit it to add the entire chapter once I am finished with this one but for now heres the first part. ^^
We're done if, who we're undone,

Finished if who we are incomplete.

As one we are everything,

We are everything we need.

The white devil which was Krad stood at the doorway with a quite ominous glare as he folded his arms in front of his chest. His intimidating golden eyes seeped in to both Dark and Calista’s leading him down to their cores.

When they came face to face Dark let out a cocky, “Hey…” Krad’s eyes flashed and he grabbed Dark by the collar and shoved him against the wall. “Krad stop!” Calista pleaded as she watched him, her eyes wide with terror and concern.

Dark was not expecting Krad’s sudden outburst and was thrown against the wall next to the doorway. Dark’s instincts began to emerge, like a stalking panther padding through his veins. Krad then looked Dark in the eyes with the utmost repugnance. His eyes were haunting, like endless tunnels with shadowy halls.

“I’m warning you now smartass, stay away from my girl. Or I can promise you that you won’t reach graduation alive…” Dark glared back at him with a smug grin, “Sorry to burst your bubble, but I can’t do that….you see Calista and I are lab partners…so Colombo we need to see each other.”

Krad’s sneer grew, “Fine, but from now on I don’t want to catch you with her outside science…” Dark’s glare grew sinister and more challenging by the minute. “Krad let him go!” Calista said firmly with anger in her eyes.

Krad turned around to look at her, at the same time as Dark. For once she actually looked angry, and quite upset. Krad cast her a curious glance before releasing his hold on Dark’s collar and turning to Calista.

“Fine…” He growled before he seized her arm and started pulling her towards the door. Dark started forward to yank her away from the blonde but she looked around and mouthed, ‘It’s okay.’ Dark stopped with a concerned look on his face as Krad dragged the girl out the door…

Once outside and out of range, Krad then grabbed hold of Calista and backed her against the wall. Her eyes glazed over with apprehension as Krad loomed over her with a creepy expression upon his pale face. “What did you think you were doing back there?” He questioned in a deadly whisper.

Calista stuttered in fright, “K-Krad you c-cant hurt him!” Krad then narrowed his eyes, “What is stopping me huh? I could break that smartass’s neck, would you like that?” Calista’s eyes widened, knowing Krad would do something as terrible as that, “No!” She managed to choke out.

“You forget Cal, I’m the head honcho around here. I can have whatever I want, and what I want is you. Don’t you think you should be more grateful?” Calista looked down and told a downright lie, “Yes…but why do you have to hurt Dark?” Krad chuckled and slightly released his grip on her.

“I see the way he looks at you…are you too stupid to notice?” Calista quickly looked down with her heart pounding and her mind racing…She then mumbled something inaudible to comprehend. Krad then smirked and lifted her chin up, “You’re a smart girl right? So be a good girl and do what I say…stay away from Dark, if you don’t want me to break his neck…”

Calista didn’t answer right away thinking about Dark’s safety. Krad would most definitely keep his promise, but…she really did want to be around Dark. “I’ve got to protect him…which means I can’t be around him…” She concluded inside her mind. “Okay…” She whispered and looked upwards at Krad. Krad grinned and replied, “That’s what I like to hear…now I’ll go round up everyone and we’ll teach that punk a lesson…”

Calista grabbed Krad’s arm in an attempt to stop him, “No! I won’t let you hurt him!” She snarled at the blonde. Krad achieved a shocked expression, but it soon turned to fury, “Why are you so eager to stop me?...”

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Gasp. I hate when they do that. Teh evil 'stay away if you don't want them hurt' threat! DAMN IT TO HELL! *twitch twitch* Why must Krad be so......HOMICIDAL?! ;-; *cries* IT'S ALWAYS TEH BLONDES!!

*sobs in dark corner*

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
I'M GONNA KILL THAT FURBY-LOVING IDIOT! *pulls out rifles* DIE, SCUM!

Tell me when I can shoot. o.o

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
We're done if, who we're undone,

Finished if who we are incomplete.

As one we are everything,

We are everything we need.

Dark was trekking down the hallway towards the courtyard with an angry look upon his handsome face. “How could he just drag her along with him!? A girl is supposed to be treated with care and respect! He just drags her along like a rag doll!”

Dark then noticed Daisuke and Riku sitting with Saehara at a bench in the shade. He made his way over towards them, with a slow gait. Daisuke looked upwards noticing Dark, “Hey Dark, school workin’ out okay?”

Dark nodded and replied, “Yeah, it pretty cool…except for certain bastards who drag around helpless girls…” He grumbled as he glared in a random direction. Riku blinked at stared at her redhead admirer, who shrugged at Dark’s reply. Saehara opened his mouth to say something but Riku clapped her hand across his mouth.

Dark then looked ahead to spot the younger Harada sister. The brunette was staring at him with a love-struck expression. He was too annoyed to flirt right now, so he just smiled at her and looked away. He then noticed the familiar homicidal blonde entering the courtyard…he also observed that the blonde had a firm grip on Calista’s wrist.

Dark was about to look away from the White Wings, but he suddenly noticed something…Calista had a cut on her cheekbone…And he could clearly see a bruise starting to form…which only meant one thing…

Krad had struck her…
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark didn’t know what was happening…All of a sudden there was a burning flame within his chest, like a devil wanting to claw its way out. One half of him told him to stand up and beat the crap out of Krad right there…He couldn’t tear his blazing eyes away. Calista was sitting isolated from the White Wings looking off in to space. Her left hand was at her shoulder….

She appeared to be trying to restrain herself from holding her cheek…Krad was speaking with the raven topped girl as if nothing was wrong, as if he never struck his girlfriend in the face. Krad then stood up and headed outside of the courtyard…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calista was sitting segregated from the others with her arms tightly around her and her legs close to each other. It was as if she was trying to protect herself in the only way she could. Her best friend Risa then turned to her, “Callie! Guess what!”

Calista quickly looked at the brunette, and put on the bravest face she could…”What is it Risa?” The brunette rocked back and forth trying to contain herself. “You know that new guy? Dark Mousy?” She asked with excitement.

Calista nodded, “Yeah, what about him?” Yet as soon as Risa mentioned his name Calista’s heart started beating triple time. “Why is my heart racing?...” Risa then squealed with a thrilled squeak, “I think I’m in love with him!”

For Calista…at that moment, it felt like the scenery blurred and then slowly turned to black…Her heart pounded rigidly against her chest, and her mind raced with anxiety. “Cal…Cal? Hey, are you okay?” Risa asked. Her voice seemed far away, but Calista was soon brought back to her senses…

“Uh yeah I’m fine…I’ll be right back….I need to use the bathroom…” She said before getting up and hurrying down the hall. She walked in a daze for a while surrounded by pitch black with the words, “I think I’m in love with Dark!” ringing in her ears. She didn’t know where her feet were dragging her; all she knew was that her heart was shattering in to a million pieces…
Yet as soon as she rounded the corner she collided with something…or someone. “Oof!” She yelped as she started to fall backwards like a domino. “Whoa!” someone said and grabbed her by the arm to pull her back to balance. “You okay?” The same voice asked her with concern.

Calista looked up to gaze in to a pair of eyes with amethyst colored fire. She could already feel the blush growing in her cheeks, “Y-Yeah…” She said as Dark released her arm. She was silent for a minute, as her hand absentmindedly reached up to the bruise on her cheek. Dark…noticed this.

“He hit you didn’t he?” He bluntly asked her with a stern expression. Calista’s eyes darted upwards, “Huh!?” She asked nervously. Dark stepped closer towards her with a slightly angry expression, “Don’t lie, I can tell. Krad hit you didn’t he?”

Calista heard Krad’s voice running through her head, “Stay away from him, if you don’t want me to break his neck…” She then shook her head insincerely, “No, I’ve gotta go!” She turned around and began to run but Dark gripped her wrist and turned her back around.

He looked her in the eyes and firmly said, “Why did he hit you?” Calista looked downward and decided to come clean, “B-Because…he…was going…to hurt you.” Dark’s eyes widened for a moment before they softened. “She was trying to defend me…?”

“Why didn’t you let him then?” He quietly asked her. She didn’t respond for a minute, as if she was trying to find the right words. “I don’t know…I didn’t want you to get hurt because of me…” She looked upwards and quickly looked away, but not before Dark saw the tears shining in her eyes…

“C’mon now, you don’t have to cry…” He said as he wiped a tear from her eye, “What’s wrong?” Before he knew what the hell was going on Calista started to cry and hugged him as if he were a teddy bear. He blinked a few times before snapping in to action.

“Hey, c’mon tell me what’s wrong…” He requested and rubbed the crying girl’s back in a comforting way. The teenager cried and hiccupped in to Dark’s shoulder before answering with a few shudders, “K-Krad, he…hurts me….and he cheats on me…and he lies…” She cried, causing her tears to stain Dark’s shirt like droplets of rain.

Dark felt the flames of anger lick his insides with white hot fury. He then looked downward at her as she steadily sobbed in to him. “I’ll look after you…” He quietly promised her as if he was uttering an unbreakable vow. She looked up at him with her eyes bright with tears. Here she was spilling her guts to a boy she only just met…

Yet, it didn’t feel the slightest bit wrong to her…She shook her head, “Why are you doing this?” She whispered as he moved a strand of hair from her eyes. He stared at her for another moment before murmuring, “Don’t you think there’s more to life? Why long for things that aren’t meant to be ours?…”

Calista tightly closed her eyes before tearing away from Dark’s warm embrace and turning the corner with haste. Dark stood there for a time span of seven seconds before looking behind him and also heading for the corner. He rounded the corner to see Calista with her back to him, her shoulders quivering as she cried.

She noticed his presence and turned around to look at him with a surprised look upon her pale face. Before Dark knew what he was doing he was walking forward, and at the same time Calista ran to him and he took her in his arms. She then kissed him with tears streaming down her streaked face and her knees trembling. The white hot flames of fury that still lingered turned in to a blazing inferno of passion for Dark as he returned her kiss with one of his own.

As all good things must come to an end they heard footsteps coming from around the corner as a fast pace. Dark then released Calista and stood back from her breathing deeply and looking ahead. She also looked terrified at what might come from beyond that bend. And sure enough the blonde youth emerged to face them with a surprised look upon his face. “Well, what do we have here?” He asked in a deadly whisper.

Dark cast Calista a glance, to see the cold tendrils of fear wrap around her…

Tell me he didn't break your heart
Tell me he didn't lie to you
Tell me there's no way that he set you up
Tell me there's no way that you'll let him use you
You'd think by now you'd know him by all his signs
So how could you be a fool?
Krad then looked at the lilac haired girl with a false expression of relief and worry upon his face. “Calista, I was worried about you. What are you doing here with him?

Girl, here he comes again
Tellin' lies to you
Girl, here he comes again
To break your heart
You'll find out, you know he's no good
When will you learn
He's nothing but a user

Dark watched her as she opened her motuh, but no sound emerged. She then found her voice, “I was looking for you…and I ran in to Dark to…to tell him to leave me alone…” She explained, but Dar knew she was lying…Yet…why was she lying? Why didn’t she just dump Krad right there? Didn’t she just prove to him that she cared for him…possibly even love him?

It's not my place to say what to do, no
But I just can't stand when love abuses you
He's never gonna change, no no no
He enjoys seeing you in so much pain
So little girl, get up off your face
And hold your head up high
And tell him that you are through.

Krad smirked in approval, “That’s my girl…” He said as he wrapped an arm around her victoriously, before casting Dark a superior glance, “You hear that smartass? Stay away.” Dark glared right back at him, resisting the urge to punch Krad is his sneering face. As the bell sounded, Krad began to walk away with Calista. But as she went she locked eyes with Dark, and bore a sorrowful gaze filled with lonesomeness…

Girl, I know you want me
I see the look in your eyes
All you have to do is ask me
Don't think you're wasting your time
I am yours if you want me
All you have to do is tell me
Do you want me? Do you want him?
Look behind your back, he's comin' again

Dark stared back at her feeling a deep longing and aching within his heart…

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
o.o

>.<

Seriously. Allow me to punch that stupid kid out. >.>

He makes teh Pickle angy. I shall punch him in the rib-cage. o.o >.>

AND UPDATE! o.o

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
Welly welly well then! Im stil working on the next chapter -_-, my parents arent letting me on the computer much since I have midterms tomorrow, thursday and friday. *long sigh* Ill try and get it done tonight....*writes note on back of hand*

Well K_K and Silver know that they are gonna be featured in the next chap ^_^ K_K's Myra is gonna be Cal's roomate, and Silver is the pervert bartender and Club Oblivion....Club Oblivion shall be explained later....in the chap....yessss....

So! The Clam Whisperer shall try to finish it by tonight! Hasta luego ^^..-crap I have to study fer spanish.....>_>

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
THis is part one, more drama and lots more troubles will emerge later on!
What good is a life,

With no one to share,

The light of the moon,

The honor of a swear?
Part One

School had let out 10 minutes past…Daisuke was sitting at his desk, his pencil quickly darted around the paper, solving math problems with haste. Dark sat in the back of the room, at the window where the first rays of twilight began to bleed the horizon.

He sighed, long and loud as if depressed over losing something…His hand snaked through his feral tresses before resting on his propped knee. Dark remembered the eventful day he just experienced, the anger he harbored towards Krad, the feeling of Calista’s lips on his own, the wet tears on his shirt…

He smirked and looked out the window with a peculiar expression plastered on his face. “What perverted thoughts are you thinking NOW?” A voice questioned, snapping Dark from his trance. Daisuke was staring at him with one eyebrow inclined in bewilderment.

Dark looked up at his redheaded cousin before answering, “None….none at all…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Now, break in to your groups and begin your project.” The English teacher instructed as she threw the white, crumbly chalk in to the bin. The room was silent for a few seconds before a quiet noise could be heard….

It was the steady rhythm of inhaling and exhaling…The students turned around in their chairs to glimpse at the back of the crowded classroom. There was Dark with his arms behind his head and a peaceful expression upon his handsome face. A few people sniggered as Dark slept, oblivious to the whole situation.

“Dark!” The teacher irritability yelped at the slumbering teen. Dark took a second to respond, but opened one eye to look at his teacher, “G’morning.” He said with a smile. His teacher seemed to swell with anger as her large glasses slipped down her nose, “It is NOT good ‘morning’! It is the afternoon!” She reprimanded.

Dark glanced at her as she held up her wrist, which bore a watch showing the digits, 1:23. He nodded and said, “Gee, would you look at that.” He said with a slow nod showing his imitation of a physiatrist.

The class roared with laughter as the sensei’s eye twitched at Dark’s smart remark. “Dark, I will let you off this one time, because you are new! From now on no more exceptions do I make myself clear?” Dark then sat up straight and placed his hand on top of his desk and looked around with a regal fashion before answering, “Inescapably…”

There were sniggers, and giggles galore once more but the aggravated teacher said, “IN YOUR GROUPS YOU BLASTED MAGGOTS!!” The crowd had fallen deafly ill…-silent! They stood up and began shuffling to one another’s desks and shoving the hard apparatuses together. Dark yawned and stretched before walking towards Daisuke’s desk with a tired expression. “Here Daisuke.” Calista said with a friendly smile as she handed Daisuke the group packet.

Calista and Daisuke were paired up for the project…and it sure made Dark jealous as hell…His envious thoughts were broken as a voice asked, “Ready Dark?” The teen turned his attention to the short haired brunette girl. “Yeah, c’mon Riku.” He pulled the desk next to Dasiuke towards him.

“Thanks!” Daisuke replied with that goofy grin of his as he took the paper. “Mind if we and my darling Riku work with you?” He asked innocently. Daisuke’s eyes bulged as Dark spoke of the older Harada as his ‘darling’. Calista blinked about three times before saying with a smile, “Its all right with me. What about you Daisuke?”

The redhead was staring at his cousin with an absolute horror-struck expression. He glanced over at Riku who looked utterly confused, “Y-Yeah…s-sure…” Daisuke managed to choke out.

As they opened their books Calista questioned, “Hey Riku? Is Risa here today, I didn’t see her at her locker?” The short haired brunette replied, “ Yeah she’s here…she overslept because she was trying to decide how to wear her hair to impress Dar-Never mind!
She glanced at the amethyst eyes boy with a look of guilt which clearly said, ‘Oh crap I spilled the beans!’ Dark didn’t happen to notice her statement, but noticed the blush over her cheeks as she looked at him.

Dark got that mischievous grin on his face as he grabbed Riku’s hand, “You don’t need to be shy. I won’t bite…hard…” He responded with a sensual voice and a gleam in his eyes. Riku’s eyes steadily widened like a phasing moon.

“YOU PERVERT!” Two voices chorused loudly. The whole class turned around to see Riku and Daisuke with identical furious looks. Dark smirked triumphantly at Daisuke, “Jealous Dai-chan?” he smugly questioned.

“NO! I am not jealous of you being a pervert! Who only cares about seducing helpless girls!” The cousins shared glares before a voice interrupted the silent glower contest.

“Is there a problem you two?” They looked up to see their sensei with a very disgruntled mien. Daisuke couldn’t seem to find his voice, let alone the right words and just mouthed like a goldfish. Dark however always though on his feet, and looked up with an adorable innocent look, “Nope! Just reading!”

Much to Calista’s bewilderment, and Daisuke and Riku’s horror…Dark picked up the book and pretended to read, “NO! I am not jealous of you being a pervert! Who only cares about seducing helpless girls!” He spoke dramatically with vigor.
The teacher blinked with realization before murmuring, “Oh…well…carry on then…” She walked away rapidly and Dark grinned, “Idiot…” Calista smiled and said, “That was brilliant! I almost believed you!” Dark shrugged with a modest expression, “Meh, I wasn’t THAT good…”

“Yes you were! You’re great at acting! She completely believed you!” Calista persisted whilst Daisuke was bearing a flabbergasted expression. “Yeah I guess I was…” Dark replied with a smirk before blowing a strand of hair from his eyes.

“Getting back to the passage…” Riku began with a shocked look still plastered on her face. “Yeah…the passage…” Daisuke slowly added. “Right-o!” Dark nodded as he opened his book to the correct page. “Cal? You want to read?” Riku inquired. “Okay.” Calista responded before beginning to read aloud,

“My face reflected in thine eyes,
Thine face reflected in mine.
Two hearts become one…
I know not which is greater…
Life…or death…
But love…is more so than all.”

“Ridiculous…” Dark muttered with a frown on his face. Calista looked up at him with a pout across her pretty face and replied softly with her eyes sparkling, “I happen to believe every word of it…”

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
I hate Krad. And I don't even read D.N.Angel.

>.>

So, yeah. Update. I'm jealouz of K_K's super Cameo, though. XDDD

o.o XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back