• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Was Xemnas' revelation that surprising?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor

This may sound odd, but when it was revealed that the big plan was to essentially eliminate individuality among the 13 darknesses, I thought, "Hey, that's actually not a half bad plan on Xehanort's part." If there's one cliche I'm very familiar with, it's the one where a group of villains tears itself apart by in-fighting before the hero even gets a chance to have at em. The in-fighting usually is caused by general greed and selfishness, with a side of ambition and/or lust for power. This is exactly what happened to the original Organization before.

Perhaps this takes away Xemnas' and Ansem's individualities, but I figure it has a justifiable reason. The lack of petty squabbling and conflicting interests may be less interesting to watch, but it'd be very OOC for Xehanort to not try and cover all his bases in every way possible.

I don't think it's odd as I felt the same way, and I honestly don't think it takes away from Xemnas and Ansem at all. Just looking at the way the two act, they're clearly special cases. Xehanort didn't tell Xemnas to create a man-made Kingdom Hearts and attempt to merge with it, he just did. And Xehanort also didn't tell Ansem to look for the DtD - or Kingdom Hearts, as Ansem believed - and try to merge with it, he just... well, tried in his case.

Both Xemnas and Ansem have only wanted one thing, and that's Kingdom Hearts. Besides, considering Sora and Xigbar's conversation in 3D, and the fact that Roxas and Xion's stories are a thing. I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that one of the themes of KH3 is going to be individuality. I just hope it doesn't turn into the "supposedly organized group of villains destroy themselves" cliche. It was awesome in CoM, but I feel like insubordination being the downfall of a team like this in KH3 would be a little silly personally, especially since their supposed to be the End Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back