• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unlockable outfits in KH3? (Speculation)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violaceus

So the other day I was thinking about how so many current gen open world games have different outfits for your character and such.

Granted, KH is linear and not an open world game, but I think it would still be pretty cool to have outfits to choose from once you finish certain story parts or achieve certain objectives.

For example, it would be really cool to roam around in Sora's KH1 outfit once you're done with the campaign. They could even do something like, i dunno, roam around in the Toy Story outfits in any world you like.

This would all be purely cosmetic, of course. But it would make sense as they had customization in 0.2.

So what do you guys think about this and what outfits or customization options woul you like to see?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Granted, KH is linear and not an open world game,
Careful with this statement. With how big the worlds in KINGDOM HEARTS III are looking, it's possible the game might strive to a middle point between linear and open-world. It's the impression I'm getting from trailers and such. But I still get your point.

but I think it would still be pretty cool to have outfits to choose from once you finish certain story parts or achieve certain objectives.
You could say there's "precedence" for this, seeing as how Aqua can get accessories in Fragmentary Passage. But something as far as costume change? I don't think that'll happen, seeing as how we've already got Form changes. Granted, those only recolor Sora's outfit, but I don't think it's a priority in Tetsuya Nomura's mind right now. And if anything, it might be DLC material. Though I welcome costume changes in KH. There's a lot to select. Sora's KH1 outfit, KH2, a black robe, Foreteller robes, etc.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
There'll be plenty to unlock, for $2.99 each.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
There'll be plenty to unlock, for $2.99 each.

Totally wrong. You have to buy the $100+ play arts kai figurines to unlock the bonus costumes. The Ultima Paywall.

D

Deleted member 246005

I would like a Class Zero uniform for Sora/Riku/Kairi.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts linear? Maybe CoM or DDD, otherwise you're talking out your ass.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Kingdom Hearts linear? Maybe CoM or DDD, otherwise you're talking out your ass.
Did we play the same games? KH2 is extremely linear, so is BBS most of the same. DDD is not as linear as those.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Storyline maybe. Unless you did what you were supposed to at any given time, you could leave one world mid story spike, start another world and come back to it after finishing another.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Storyline maybe. Unless you did what you were supposed to at any given time, you could leave one world mid story spike, start another world and come back to it after finishing another.

If what I'm supposed to do is doing absolutely linear worlds, that means the game is linear.

I can also stop advancing with the plot in FF XIII and wander for hours aimlessly, that doesn't really change the fact that the game is linearity itself.

If I leave the Coliseum to do Pride Land I'm just leaving one hallway to do another.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
So what do you guys think about this and what outfits or customization options woul you like to see?

I think this would be epic. I love Sora's KH3 design but the idea of other outfits is awesome. Granted I would want it for various characters. I want to see Xemnas dressed like Terra so much (reasons).

The best I'll get is if I drew it though.

I just want to see Riku and Kairi's KH3 renders!

Violaceus

Here I am, offering a topic for discussion and you're all going on about whether you consider the game linear or not.

You're a curious lot alright. :p

StyX

Awards
We did not have the online mode in BBS in 2.5, I think we will have an online mode with the ability to customize character in the same genre as the online mode of FF15.

The question is will there be "paid content" like Union Cross X... ? I do not hope that and I do not like the idea of having to much dlc and season pass.

Muke

whatever
Awards
We did not have the online mode in BBS in 2.5, I think we will have an online mode with the ability to customize character in the same genre as the online mode of FF15.

The question is will there be "paid content" like Union Cross X... ? I do not hope that and I do not like the idea of having to much dlc and season pass.
Oh, why not? I think DLCs are something wonderful. It gives the developers the opportunity to implement something into the game that they were not able to implement in the final game because of time constraints or other reasons.

As long as KH3 releases in a complete stage, I think it's fine. You also don't have to buy the DLCs, they're optional after all. :)

StyX

Awards
Oh, why not? I think DLCs are something wonderful. It gives the developers the opportunity to implement something into the game that they were not able to implement in the final game because of time constraints or other reasons.

As long as KH3 releases in a complete stage, I think it's fine. You also don't have to buy the DLCs, they're optional after all. :)

The problem I have with the idea of the DLC is that we pay the game much more expensive in the end than a simple game of the previous 2 generation before.. it is not the idea of the additional content that disturb me but the ideology behind the history of dlc and season pass.

You will tell me this remains a choice of people who wish to buy his "DLC" but have known the story behind franchises who have abused of his methods.

And because it allows developers to be lazy. Giving them money upfront and not knowing if the content is going to be any good is not a good practice. They should prove themselves with the DLC content and then offer a package deal at a later date. They can also give the last expansion free for those who already paid for the others.

This new mentality is called "Game as a Service"

And square enix entered into full phase in this, we have had confirmation in an interview with Yosuke Matsuda recently

He has confessed that FF15 is the first of its kind to have this new mentality in it.

And I do not necessarily want to see the same fate for the Kingdom Hearts series.

Muke

whatever
Awards
The problem I have with the idea of the DLC is that we pay the game much more expensive in the end than a simple game of the previous 2 generation before.. it is not the idea of the additional content that disturb me but the ideology behind the history of dlc and season pass.

You will tell me this remains a choice of people who wish to buy his "DLC" but have known the story behind franchises who have abused of his methods.

And because it allows developers to be lazy. Giving them money upfront and not knowing if the content is going to be any good is not a good practice. They should prove themselves with the DLC content and then offer a package deal at a later date. They can also give the last expansion free for those who already paid for the others.

This new mentality is called "Game as a Service"

And square enix entered into full phase in this, we have had confirmation in an interview with Yosuke Matsuda recently

He has confessed that FF15 is the first of its kind to have this new mentality in it.

And I do not necessarily want to see the same fate for the Kingdom Hearts series.
Well, I understand what you're saying, but… in my opinion, a "game as service"-kind of thing is honestly much better. Developers support the game a lot longer than just dishing it out (which isn't a bad thing! don't get me wrong).
Just because some franchises abuse DLCs, doesn't mean that all of them do.

KH3 DLCs can be things like a playable chapter as Kairi, where we see how she trained, where we see her character interactions with Lea, etc. Or even worlds that have been cut from the game because they weren't able to finish them on time. There are endless possibilites, and
that's a good thing imo. :)

StyX

Awards
Well, I understand what you're saying, but… in my opinion, a "game as service"-kind of thing is honestly much better. Developers support the game a lot longer than just dishing it out (which isn't a bad thing! don't get me wrong).
Just because some franchises abuse DLCs, doesn't mean that all of them do.

KH3 DLCs can be things like a playable chapter as Kairi, where we see how she trained, where we see her character interactions with Lea, etc. Or even worlds that have been cut from the game because they weren't able to finish them on time. There are endless possibilites, and
that's a good thing imo. :)

I understand the principle of follow-up but we see the result with FF15. He have to see under the kind of format that will be brought in Kingdom hearts.

I am curious and skeptical but I remain open ... even if the principle does not suit me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back