• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Type the KH characters (MBTI)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Why should you get that impression?

I also do both visual art (you reviewed my RokuShi fanart, remember?) and piano (not professionally, of course). And I also write (as a hobby, again). But I am neither ISFP nor INFP.

On the whole, ISFPs seem keener on the aesthetics of art - that includes details - than INFPs, yes.

Ehh just how only my post showed up when you searched up 'MBTI', and how you mention me in your OP.

Ah, I remember now. And also, thanks for reviewing back (for my Terra sketch). I'll go back and rework on his nose, haha. And perhaps shade the entire thing more, but ehh...I'm too lazy to and I don't see the point if it's only a sketch. I just really wanted to envision for myself how Terra would look like 11 years from now (ahh the INFPness on artistic details...).

Details is something I should work on (by the way, what is your MBTI type?).

In_a_Quandary

Ehh just how only my post showed up when you searched up 'MBTI', and how you mention me in your OP.

Ah, I remember now. And also, thanks for reviewing back (for my Terra sketch). I'll go back and rework on his nose, haha. And perhaps shade the entire thing more, but ehh...I'm too lazy to and I don't see the point if it's only a sketch. I just really wanted to envision for myself how Terra would look like 11 years from now (ahh the INFPness on artistic details...).

Details is something I should work on (by the way, what is your MBTI type?).

Naturally, I would remember your post - as it was the only one that showed up when I typed 'MBTI' into the search engine.

My MBTI type? I'll leave you to figure that one out. It's more fun that way.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
The ability to 'see into the future' is representative of Ni rather than Ne. ISFPs have Ni as their tertiary function. Perhaps it is especially well-developed in Terra's case, so much so that it overrides - or serves as a substitute to - the (underdeveloped) auxiliary Se.

Point taken. ^_^;

Self-criticism/perfectionism is a product of Fi rather than Si.
Si is what makes SJs so adamant about following tradition and propriety. ...And you'd see many instances of Terra abandoning tradition and 'going his own way'. I don't see how your argument substantiates a well-developed Si on Terra's part.

I guess I didn't really explain my thought process correctly. =/

With Terra, it's not just that he's critical of himself - it's that he holds himself up to a strict ideal and tends to consider himself a complete failure when he doesn't meet that ideal. (The way I understood it is, Si is something like seeing the Platonic ideal of the thing) He's willing to go his own way if he doesn't think he's capable of using the traditional way to get where he wants, but he keeps the same goal throughout - he might seek the advice of someone who offers to teach him how to control his darkness, but his interactions with Hades makes it quite clear that his real intention is to learn how to force the darkness back down where it "belongs."

I maintain the argument that Terra is ISFP - whose development got kind of topsy-turvy due to excessive influence by SJs. XD

I guess my problem with Terra as an ISFP is that the ISFP description shares very little in common with him that the INFP description doesn't, and the INFP description fits Terra in ways that the ISFP description doesn't.

The biggest example of this, of course, is that Terra is incredibly idealistic. He's the one who's most focused on the shared dream of becoming a Keyblade Master by far, and doesn't seem overly concerned with seeking out new experiences that aren't going to help him reach that dream.

The other important element of his personality that's far more INFP than ISFP is that, when he's criticized, he tends to internalize it and blame himself. From what I've read, while INFPs and ISFPs both have trouble with TJ types, ISFPs tend to see themselves as victims rather than seeing themselves as being at fault while INFPs take it to heart. ("If the opinion is negative, the TJ's attitude may be threatening to the INFP, who will tend to respond emotionally to the negativity and be vaguely but emphatically convinced that the negativity is somehow the INFP's fault.")

And, finally, ISFPs tend to think that people should be free to be who they are, which doesn't make sense for Terra. Terra thinks that who he is is /fundamentally wrong./

In_a_Quandary

I guess my problem with Terra as an ISFP is that the ISFP description shares very little in common with him that the INFP description doesn't, and the INFP description fits Terra in ways that the ISFP description doesn't.

The biggest example of this, of course, is that Terra is incredibly idealistic. He's the one who's most focused on the shared dream of becoming a Keyblade Master by far, and doesn't seem overly concerned with seeking out new experiences that aren't going to help him reach that dream.

The other important element of his personality that's far more INFP than ISFP is that, when he's criticized, he tends to internalize it and blame himself. From what I've read, while INFPs and ISFPs both have trouble with TJ types, ISFPs tend to see themselves as victims rather than seeing themselves as being at fault while INFPs take it to heart. ("If the opinion is negative, the TJ's attitude may be threatening to the INFP, who will tend to respond emotionally to the negativity and be vaguely but emphatically convinced that the negativity is somehow the INFP's fault.")

And, finally, ISFPs tend to think that people should be free to be who they are, which doesn't make sense for Terra. Terra thinks that who he is is /fundamentally wrong./

Done. This point won me over. You're right; Terra doesn't seek adventure like a typical SP, nor does he accept himself like an ISFP would. He spends the greater majority of his time trying to resolve his existential crisis - 'fix' the darkness within him. And INFPs, more than any other type, are big on self-improvement.

On this premise, Terra and Aqua make an awful match because INFPs are known to be extremely incompatible with ISTJs... lol.

I still have difficulty deciding where Xion lies on the S-N axis. It's pretty much established that she is Introverted and has a strong Fe, which leaves two types: ISFJ and INFJ. She exhibits characteristics of both: like the ISFJ, she is devoted to fulfilling her duty (initially to the Organization, then to Sora), and like the INFJ, she is strong-willed and determined to carry out her goal even at the exclusion of her friends' support.

Last edited:

Wahm-bulence

I think I'll interupt this little debate to say...
WOW! Why am I the same as all the evil people? INTJ! That's people like MX and Vexen! Oh well... Riku's pretty cool I guess...

And about Xion ^ Based on ISFJ Profile I'd say she's definatly more of an ISFJ than an INFJ. I'll elaborate more if needed

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Done. This point won me over. You're right; Terra doesn't seek adventure like a typical SP, nor does he accept himself like an ISFP would. He spends the greater majority of his time trying to resolve his existential crisis - 'fix' the darkness within him. And INFPs, more than any other type, are big on self-improvement.

Yeah, that's basically it, I think. Terra as an SP didn't make that much sense to me.

On this premise, Terra and Aqua make an awful match because INFPs are known to be extremely incompatible with ISTJs... lol.

Heh, well... I'll admit that putting them together in an AU will either inevitably end in either character derailment or cruelty to Terra.

But, as the situation stands now, I wouldn't consider their personalities to be a deal-breaker.

I mean, for one thing, they're both Introverts with somewhere between a decade and a decade-and-a-half invested in each other. XD; Neither of them is going to be much inclined to fall away, even if they're hurt.

And, more importantly, I don't think Terra can be broken any worse than he already is. In his present state, I'm not sure he's capable of standing up to his inner SJ voice and telling it that it's wrong about him. I suspect it would be /incredibly/ helpful to him for Aqua - whose SJ tendencies are even stronger than his inner critic - to tell him that the expectations placed on Terra were wrong to begin with.

Plus, Aqua's got some issues of her own related to her T tendency. While she definitely acts as an ISTJ, there are some pretty strong hints that her T-F axis is more balanced than she allows it to be - her heart contains much more Fe concern for others than she willingly lets on. When it's focused towards Terra, she tries her hardest to crush it down as if it were weak, which I suspect is related to her own training - she's more willing to express her worry for Ven, probably because it's acceptable to be overly-protective towards children. A realization of just how much damage that did to Terra seems like it might help bring her more in line with her own natural tendencies, too.

...basically, both of them are horribly broken and in desperate need of repair, and they're both perfect representatives of everything the other needs to learn. I'm not sure if that's romantic, but it's certainly a lot more interesting. XD;

I still have difficulty deciding where Xion lies on the S-N axis. It's pretty much established that she is Introverted and has a strong Fe, which leaves two types: ISFJ and INFJ. She exhibits characteristics of both: like the ISFJ, she is devoted to fulfilling her duty (initially to the Organization, then to Sora), and like the INFJ, she is strong-willed and determined to carry out her goal even at the exclusion of her friends' support.

I'd tend to put her as an INFJ, because so much of her knowledge comes through her connection with Sora rather than through her own experiences. Besides, she abandons the Organization repeatedly when she thinks there's something else she should be doing.

And, because I like to get into extended discussions about controversial elements of characters, I'm going to say that I think Master Xehanort is an S rather than an N (I'd also say the same about Riku, for the same reason).

The thing that drives him, more than anything else, is his desire for new experiences. The first thing we hear him say (as Young Master Xehanort) is, "This world is just too small." His overall goal is to "be there to see what lays beyond the Keyblade War," opening Kingdom Hearts itself to fulfill his childhood dream of seeing the farthest reaches of the world (by creating a new one no one had ever set foot in before). He takes his first step into the darkness because he could feel its power through his armor when traveling in the Lanes Between and decided it couldn't hurt him.

So, I don't think INTJ makes all that much sense for him. He actually seems to fit more as an ISTP to me: very interested in understanding how things work, a desire for new and exciting experiences, and a strong distaste for rules that get in the way of what he wants.

The problem with that, of course, is that Master Xehanort is incredibly effective at extended manipulation, while ISTPs operate in the moment rather than according to plans. On the other hand, he /does/ seem to ignore the parts of his plan that he's not particularly interested in. I don't get the feeling he gave Vanitas very many specific commands - he seems to have generally just let him do his own thing as long as he didn't get in the way - and he completely wrote Aqua off because she wasn't of any use to him.

And, in terms of his preference order, Ti-Se-Ni-Fe makes the most sense to me, too. He's a scientist type, so dominant Ti is only logical. Auxiliary Se, as mentioned above, is most consistent with his need to experience new things. And inferior Fe works pretty well with his tendency to be callous towards everyone else and express his satisfaction at his plans going well in fairly inappropriate ways.

Key

Exile
Awards
ow you guys, I am seriously learning so much just from reading this thread. Not even kidding XD

That sounds a lot like me. In fact, my ENTJ father recently got infuriated at me for leaving him and my ISTJ mom in the middle of their criticism. I couldn't stand how he and my mom just keep on criticizing me every time I make a mistake as I can only stand harsh criticism to a certain threshold. Once it starts to get to me too personally, I just go away because I can't stand to sit there any longer and deal with these blows on me. So my dad got mad at me for walking upstairs in the middle of his criticism, and found it rude that I did such an action. I wish I could have told him as to why I left him, but I couldn't bring myself to do it because he might just get even angrier and spit out even more criticisms.

That's odd, because I'm the exact same way. I guess these types are pretty accurate.

S

SoraYouGoofball

Okay, I don't think anyone has said this, but Roxas seems like more of an INTP then an INSP, because he is not impulsive unless he is angry and isn't all that great with people. An INTP also matches the fact that he doesn't really want to be a leader and doesn't always follow the rules.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Okay, I don't think anyone has said this, but Roxas seems like more of an INTP then an INSP, because he is not impulsive unless he is angry and isn't all that great with people. An INTP also matches the fact that he doesn't really want to be a leader and doesn't always follow the rules.

Huh? What do you mean by INSP? The second letter spot is for Sensing vs. iNtuition (since the "I" is already taken by Introversion), and the third letter spot is for Thinking vs. Feeling.

But yeah, Roxas doesn't seem like an INFP to me. Roxas being more of the Thinking type may be plausible.

whitingbaldy

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread made for this. (I've search the entire forum and found only one measly post [by Jelai] that mentions it.) For those of you who are unfamiliar with MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator), it's a test that assesses one's personality on the scales of Introversion-Extroversion, Sensing-iNtuition, Feeling-Thinking, and Perceiving-Judging. There are sixteen personality types in total, each a unique combination of the four letters.

Anyway, here are the types I've assigned to the characters:

Sora: ESFP
Kairi: ESFJ
Riku: ISTP (beginning of KH) => INTJ (end of KHII)

Donald: ISTJ
Goofy: ENFP
Mickey: ENFJ

Organization XIII (heavily biased towards T – especially IxTx – due to lack of hearts):
Xemnas: INTP
Xigbar: ESTP
Xaldin: INTJ
Vexen: INTJ
Lexeaus: ISTJ
Zexion: INTJ
Saïx: ISTJ
Axel: ENTP
Demyx: ENFP
Luxord: ENTP
Marluxia: INTJ
Larxene: ESTP
Roxas: ISFP
Xion: IxFJ (having difficulty with the S-N placement)

Naminé: INFP
DiZ (Ansem the Wise): ENTJ

Hayner: ESTP
Pence: ENFP
Olette: ISFJ

Characters from BBS (haven’t played this, so I’m not overly familiar with the characters)
Terra: INFP (credit goes to Ikkin for the thorough dissection of his character)
Ventus: ESFP
Aqua: ISTJ
Eraqus: ISTJ

Master Xehanort: INTJ
Vanitas: xxTx (I really dunno, he doesn’t appear to have much of a personality aside being completely evil)

What do you guys think? (And for the record, I think every type has been covered at least once... Edit: not anymore)

Thank you for the well-said explanation about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. I have read several positive feedback on this kind of personality test. I have heard too that some were saying that this methodology is sometimes inaccurate, fairly short and letters are quite biased. In your case, how do you feel about it? I know a lot of companies too are using different types of personality test and this is already part of their hiring procedure in order to check if the candidate is really suited for a certain position. Well, I guess it is really better to take a test before joining any organization for you to know your strengths and weaknesses. Maybe MBTI would be a great choice but I am also considering the Disc Profile Test. Anyone here had an experience with it?

whitingbaldy

nvm that other post...i went on the website and huge rush of deja vu over came me so i think i've take this personality test before

You can find this info anywhere on Google. Just type in 'MBTI personality types', or a particular function like 'Introverted Feeling', or simply 'INFP'. It'd come up.

Yeah, you can google "myers-briggs type indicator". There are different tools in for personality test. MBTI is one of the commonly used and I guess it's everyone's favorite here. With all that ISTJ, ESFP, INFP, ENTJ, they are the result of the myers-briggs. A lot are saying the test is pretty accurate. However, my own preference is the DISC personality test. If you are also curious about it, you can read more here.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This is a really interesting topic but unfortunately it's quite old and topics older than six months aren't allowed to be bumped. If someone wants to they can make a new one though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back