• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Turn the Other Cheek"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Jesus was a man who died for what he believed him, I think that Jesus wanted others to follow this concept, and if you were to die of murder, you would die believing in the faith of Jesus. Died for what you believed in.

Haha, actually.... The phrase "Turn the other cheek" when mentioned in the bible has a completely different meaning. It's in accordance to a gesture: when you slap someone with your backhand, that signified that the one being disciplined is inferior, but when you "turn the other cheek" (they only used their left hand for these "unclean" purposes) they would have no choice but to slap with an open-palm, the gesture that says "I am your equal". So it displayed something more defiant, rather than taking it in the stink pipe like a pacifist.

Jesus wanted you to take shit from no one.

nitro-XIII

This is one of those funny things about the bible. The Hebrew translation of "thou salt not kill" means "thou salt not murder"
They actually condoned killing in times of war, defence, and revenge( an eye for an eye).
And by the commands of God, partook in raids known as "bans" were they would invade a "sinful" town kill every last man, woman, and child (animals included) and burn the city to the ground.
They fought in many wars against the Canaanites and Palestinians in the name of God.

now to answer your questions...

1. Is it right to kill in war?-------> yes

2. Is it right to kill someone seriously threatening your own life?-------> yes

3. Is it right to "mercy kill" someone who wants to die?--------> no

4. is it right to "mercy kill" someone who is alive but braindead, and cannot state whether they want to live or not? -----------> um.... rain check? LOL

smith5000

never turn the other cheek when thoses things happen

i mean if ure lifes in danger or freedom in danger you do what the old testment means

do the old testament fight for your life or freedom which ever one

Last edited by a moderator:

nitro-XIII

This is one of those funny things about the bible. The Hebrew translation of "thou salt not kill" means "thou salt not murder"
They actually condoned killing in times of war, defence, and revenge( an eye for an eye).
And by the commands of God, partook in raids known as "bans" were they would invade a "sinful" town kill every last man, woman, and child (animals included) and burn the city to the ground.
They fought in many wars against the Canaanites and Palestinians in the name of God.

now to answer your questions...

1. Is it right to kill in war?-------> yes

2. Is it right to kill someone seriously threatening your own life?-------> yes

4. is it right to "mercy kill" someone who is alive but braindead, and cannot state whether they want to live or not? -----------> um.... rain check? LOL

now to finish. this way of thinking, "bans" and war and what not is one of the major differences in Jewish and Christian thinking. Turning the other cheek is a Christian (also Buddhist) concept. Although Jews condoned war and even God at the time, things changed, and as a new world orderish thing was taken place Jesus told us to turn the other cheek obliterated the eye for an eye way of thinking.

"38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[g] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." - from the Gospels of Matthew chapter 5.

which says war and what not are wrong, fighting is wrong and advocates forgiveness and love even to your worst enemy.

"43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies[i] and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." - from the Gospels of Matthew chapter 5.

this is just another one of those changes that occur in the bible many times due to the evolution of the earth and it's people. So as we change, as times change the way we are governed must change, not God.

my priviest answers was from a Jewish mind set, and now from a Christan's...

1. Is it right to kill in war?-------> no

2. Is it right to kill someone seriously threatening your own life?-------> no

4. is it right to "mercy kill" someone who is alive but braindead, and cannot state whether they want to live or not? -----------> um.... rain check once again.

.:Game Master:.

The Black Samurai
THis is according to Christian Beliefs

1. Though shall not kill
2. Though shall not kill
3. Though shall not kill
4. Though shall not kill

WRONG! The correct translation is Though Shalt Not Murder. It is a HUGE misconception, all over the world. Kill and murder are two different things. Murder is killing unjustly.

In war, killing is done, which is fine, because it is for a cause. Think about it: God killed thousands with the flood.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
So the bible says to turn the other cheek, to always let others harm you without retaliation.

But obviously this isn't the case... it's human instinct to survive, and I can only think of a select few religious figures who actually hold true to the other cheek principle. So here are some questions:

1. Is it right to kill in war?
2. Is it right to kill someone seriously threatening your own life?
3. Is it right to "mercy kill" someone who wants to die?
4. is it right to "mercy kill" someone who is alive but braindead, and cannot state whether they want to live or not?

*sigh* it's a metaphor. This doesn't mean to not protect yourself and the ones you love, the Bible clearly supports that.

We were studying this on Sunday. To turn the other cheek just means to offer love instead of retaliation back to your enemies. When someone asks you to carry them a mile, carry them two miles. When you're persecuted, serve them with love. Kind words turn away harsh anger.

This doesn't mean if a burglar comes into your house, that you let them kill you. The Bible supports defending yourselves and the ones you love.

Don't misinterpret things =/

CK the Fat

"*sigh* it's a metaphor."

Yeah, we established that already.

"This doesn't mean if a burglar comes into your house, that you let them kill you."

Of course you don't let them come and kill you... the question is, is it right to kill them to preserve your own life, though?

"Don't misinterpret things =/"

And who says your definition is the correct interpretation, exactly?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Of course you don't let them come and kill you... the question is, is it right to kill them to preserve your own life, though?

Yes. The Bible states to defend your home and your family, it's right. Of course, if the poor guy is unarmed, i'd say call 911 and tie him down or something. But if he's got a gun and is about to kill you I'd easily kill him to defend my house and family.

The Bible says to defend your home and family =/

CK the Fat

"The Bible says to defend your home and family =/"

But is also says thou shalt not kill. The bible doesn't really draw a distinct line between what is justified and what isn't.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
But is also says thou shalt not kill.

It says you shouldn't murder. Killing is different from murder. Murder is killing for an unjust cause. Otherwise, wouldn't God be contradicting himself when he orders armies into the battlefield to defend his people in the Bible? What about the times God has stricken people down to death?

Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

FireFox.

It says you shouldn't murder. Killing is different from murder. Murder is killing for an unjust cause. Otherwise, wouldn't God be contradicting himself when he orders armies into the battlefield to defend his people in the Bible? What about the times God has stricken people down to death?

Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

If you say that, what is killing?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
If you say that, what is killing?

-.-

Killing is taking the life from something. To cause death.

kill1 /kɪl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kil] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1. to deprive of life in any manner; cause the death of; slay.

Murder is an act of killing. Murder is killing with an unjust cause or with malicious intention. So now if a criminal is sent to be killed, is it murder? No. It's punishment. It's justice. It's a just cause. He did a crime, and he's being punished. It's not murder. It's killing yes, but it's not murder.

CK the Fat

"God be contradicting himself when he orders armies into the battlefield to defend his people in the Bible"

Oh, certainly. The bible contradicts itself everywhere. I also think an all-loving god wouldn't kill the firstborn of every Egyptian family, or raze Jericho to the ground, killing all the men, women, children, and livestock.

"So now if a criminal is sent to be killed, is it murder? No. It's punishment. It's justice"

Who determines justice, though? People do, so it's bound to be flawed, isn't it? Why is it if you get caught shoplifing in some Arabic countries, the punishment is to lose your hand, while in American you only stay in jail a couple of nights?

"It's a just cause. He did a crime, and he's being punished."

Suppose the man was innocent, though... killing him without him having performed a crime would be murder, since it is unjust, would it not?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Oh, certainly. The bible contradicts itself everywhere. I also think an all-loving god wouldn't kill the firstborn of every Egyptian family, or raze Jericho to the ground, killing all the men, women, children, and livestock.

Like? You do realize, God is a god of love, but also a God of Justice? Love is just. Your father disciplines you, right? Any loving father punishes when you do bad, and rewards when you do good, no? The Egyptians had been terrible people that had not succumbed to what God had said. They sinned. They tortured. They deserved punishment. God will do what's just. It's not the fluffy image of Christianity you've been fed. God's will is just, according to the Bible.

Who determines justice, though? People do, so it's bound to be flawed, isn't it? Why is it if you get caught shoplifing in some Arabic countries, the punishment is to lose your hand, while in American you only stay in jail a couple of nights?

Because law varies by country. The Bible says that God put people in authority to govern, and you should obey the law.

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (Romans 2:12).

Suppose the man was innocent, though... killing him without him having performed a crime would be murder, since it is unjust, would it not?

Yes. If the crime was misinvestigated, or had false evidence and he was convicted and punished falsely, of course it's unjust.

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
Like? You do realize, God is a god of love, but also a God of Justice? Love is just. Your father disciplines you, right? Any loving father punishes when you do bad, and rewards when you do good, no? The Egyptians had been terrible people that had not succumbed to what God had said. They sinned. They tortured. They deserved punishment. God will do what's just. It's not the fluffy image of Christianity you've been fed. God's will is just, according to the Bible.

So if I contuously disobey my dad should I fear him killing my cat, my dog, and my sister as a punishment?

Sorry, but last time I checked, no loving parent goes to such extremes for punishment, no matter how terrible.

Because law varies by country. The Bible says that God put people in authority to govern, and you should obey the law.

Back in the 30's to even the late 60's it was a law in some states that black people couldn't dine in the same restaurant as white people, or even use the same bathrooms. Should we have obeyed those laws?

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (Romans 2:12).

Sounds like God is a bit of a crack-head.

Yes. If the crime was misinvestigated, or had false evidence and he was convicted and punished falsely, of course it's unjust.

I smell a straw-man....

CK the Fat

"They sinned. They tortured. They deserved punishment. God will do what's just."

So killing babies who have done nothing but had bad parents are evil, torturous, and deserving of punishment? And while the evil-committers themselves live, and just have another baby to replace the one lost? Woot go God of justice!

"Because law varies by country. The Bible says that God put people in authority to govern, and you should obey the law."

So when Hitler came to power with the "backing of god and jesus" people should obey the orders to spy on their friends and turn in any who might have Jewish descent?

And so when the Pope said go kill all the Islams you can in Jereusalem, that was a good thing to?

"Yes. If the crime was misinvestigated, or had false evidence and he was convicted and punished falsely, of course it's unjust."

So how can you say that it is just to execute men if you may doubt their guilt? Is it more just to make sure all the bad people die, along with the good, or spare the good along with the bad?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
So if I contuously disobey my dad should I fear him killing my cat, my dog, and my sister as a punishment?

Sorry, but last time I checked, no loving parent goes to such extremes for punishment, no matter how terrible.

Let's think for a moment. When was one of the only times God ever killed children. Firstly, it was the Angel of Death, not exactly God. Secondly, this was the last of the 10 plagues. Now, if the Egyptians continued to deny the existance of a God, and deny obeying God, after 9 horrible plagues, what's your problem? They had 9 chances to repent. They didn't. They were proud. It's not like God came out of nowhere one day and killed people. Thirdly, he only killed the first born of the families who did not have the lamb's blood on the door of their home. So, in a sense, that was ANOTHER chance. God gave the chance. Hell, I would just put the lamb's blood and STFU and let it be over with.

This was also a sign. How Jesus was the Lamb of God, and you'd need his salvation and blood sacrificed so you could live.

Also, since when do your opinions and extremities = that of God? Since when do you get the right to say what is extreme and what isn't for a race of people that had been torturing men for thousands of years unjustly?

Back in the 30's to even the late 60's it was a law in some states that black people couldn't dine in the same restaurant as white people, or even use the same bathrooms. Should we have obeyed those laws?

This is where matters divide. Yes there is the law of the land, but God's law is above it. If it causes you to have pride, discriminate, and treat others badly, then of course not =/

So killing babies who have done nothing but had bad parents are evil, torturous, and deserving of punishment? And while the evil-committers themselves live, and just have another baby to replace the one lost? Woot go God of justice!

1.) It says in the Bible that man will carry their sins onto their offspring.
2.) Does it matter? They go to heaven. They're children. The ones in pain and suffering are the parents, because they lost their children.
3.) Since when do you think "WELL MY DAUGHTER ANNA DIED, LET'S GO HAVE ANOTHER ONE HUNNY. WE CAN NAME HER SAMANTHA!"?

So when Hitler came to power with the "backing of god and jesus" people should obey the orders to spy on their friends and turn in any who might have Jewish descent?

It says in the Bible to not listen to those who claim to have the power and words of God but do nothing but hypocrisy from it. Hitler was Jewish, not a Christian I believe. He twisted ideas and turned it into something horrid.

So how can you say that it is just to execute men if you may doubt their guilt? Is it more just to make sure all the bad people die, along with the good, or spare the good along with the bad?

And this has to do with God? Now you're doubting the judicial system and it's ways of convicting criminals. Killing the good and the bad together has to do with what? Way to go. You know, not making any sense.

Sounds like God is a bit of a crack-head.

Because?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back