• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Tips on skill building: Giving your story emotional weight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Did this essay help?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirozora

Website
www.fanfiction.net
yeah, thanks.

can't help it when someone tries to offer some advice? are you encouraging me to flame and therefore spam the hell out of here by inciting me?

lifelong doesn't quite mean i have to be 60-some years old to offer some of my own knowledge. i've been messing with stories all my life so i'm quite aware of what sucks and what doesn't, and i'm always willing to help out.

that doesn't mean you have to **** the hell out of me.

no wonder people consider KHI members to be idiots.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Yeah and who exactly would that be? I don't soncider myself to be an idiot and I even consider myself smarter than you are.... Im only pointing out that you were giving a bad example expecially with how well you type. Now if you want to keep talking, show dignity and talk to me through a PM, got it?

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!

And yet, here you are.

Point is, this is a thread for GOH'S essay. >_> Not your little tips. Maybe if you'd read the thread, you would've had that idea in your tiny head.

Don't make this a flame-fest. It's supposed to be helping people. >_>

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
yeah, thanks.

can't help it when someone tries to offer some advice? are you encouraging me to flame and therefore spam the hell out of here by inciting me?

lifelong doesn't quite mean i have to be 60-some years old to offer some of my own knowledge. i've been messing with stories all my life so i'm quite aware of what sucks and what doesn't, and i'm always willing to help out.

that doesn't mean you have to **** the hell out of me.

Says the KHI member. Knock it off before I get a mod over here.

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
Shirozora, I can understand where you come from, mainly because I've read what you have written and it was great. Luckily, you write better than you type. But just because you can write doesn't mean it's okay for you to call all KHI members idiots; that should be reserved specifically for members like Limitless. If you're gonna call someone an idiot, call a specific person an idiot through PM, or you will get the hell flamed out of you.

Don't act all innocent and surprised; you've gotten hatemail, you know how stupid some people can be. You also know that other people appreciate some things that others don't. I'd think that you would know better than to flame some random KHI n00b over something so trivial.

>:\

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
lifelong doesn't quite mean i have to be 60-some years old to offer some of my own knowledge.

But that's what lifelong means.

._.

Unless you plan to die in the near future, then I guess it'd be lifelong.

Shirozora said:
are you encouraging me to flame and therefore spam the hell out of here by inciting me?

WE ARE READING TWO DIFFERENT THREADS.

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
Which one? Shirozora or Cloud_Unchained?

Because both have adequate reason. They are both great writers, though they could BOTH use to update their stories, on this site and others.(I'm talking to you, Shiro. >:O)

raedyn_l

I would also like to add that putting things in present tense really helps you get closer to the moment.

Example:

Riku looked at the door and faltered.

VS.

Riku looks at the door and falters.​

Not that much of a difference, but when you read it out loud... it just feels slightly more like you're there.

Writing in present tense isn't that easy--I myself slip up a lot, and I practically THINK in it--but it certainly isn't HARD.

heartofdreams

Where are you now?...I can't see your face anymore
I think all of what you said is very true. If you're writing a fanfic (on kh maybe) you really have to get inside the characters head and think how they would react, not how you want them to otherwise they go ooc x.x. I learned quite alot from a friend named Shirozora, she's written many fan stories on fanfictions, and she really taught me pretty much the same as you said ^_^

I also learned that the plot has to be just as important, you can be a good at writing but if the plot doesn't have that spark then it won't be very good.

Oukoku

I think that this is a very useful tool to use. Thank you! I'll add it to my favorites! ;)

heartofdreams

Where are you now?...I can't see your face anymore
Yeah, and um about the thing a page back on Shirozora I know it was a few months ago but I’m still saying it ^^’ and I’m not approaching or writing this with anger in my words so relax ^_^.

Listen, Shiro’s not an amateur writer, I’ve seen her work and I have the privilege in being her friend as well. She’s an amazing author with great ideas and it’s because of her I’ve learnt how to become better with how I write things and I thank her greatly for it.

I admit she’s shouldn’t go calling everyone an idiot, and thelonepicker I will say you were rude too, but she’s right with her words.

Just because someone gives you advice doesn’t mean you have to take it, it’s a choice to choose what you want to do in your story. She’s not forcing you to do anything. All she gave was advice from her experience as a writer.

Limitless was the same to me in amv making, when he saw my amv he said things that hurt, and well I said things back (sweatdrops). But because of that I wanted to prove to him I was better than that and I worked harder and got better.

o_O it’s a strange type of way with harshness to words that will neither make amateurs sigh and give up, or a person intending to be a writer bite their lip and improve. Shiro was just being honest like Limitless was to me on my amv that day, so it’s your choice if you want to listen or not.

She’s a great author in my eyes, and if you don’t believe me then I think you should at least take a look at her work yourselves

FanFiction.Net : Profile : Shirozora

okay, i've said what i needed to say because i felt i needed to stand up for my friend, now, PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! (runs off into the sunset)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back