• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Tips on skill building: Giving your story emotional weight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Did this essay help?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Thank you GuardianOfHearts for the advice!=^_^=*Bows* I shall keep that in mind when I actually write a fanfic that is suitable to become famous! Or something like that.... Anyway, honourable enough to be posted for witnesses to see by the naked eye...o.o

Thanks again!=^_^=

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
GoH, I skimmed.

._.

Hope you don't mind.

I guess I'll read it for real tomorrow or something. .-. Might come in handy when Hollow d-...

^-^

chad

Bronze Member
ARIGATO GOH-SAMA!

seriously thanks a lot, i've been losing my grip on fanfics lately and my ability to do emotional and other detailed bits...but thanks to this my muse is back!!

i'll finally be able to start writing good chapters again thanks to this, it's helped a lot.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
I already asked Monkuh, otherwise known as God.

=o

o.o

IT HAS BEEN DONE! D:< THANK MONKUH! D:<

I'm a gud pickle for asking. >.>

Mr.

Katattack said:
PRAISE MONKUH!

*Throws arms into the air*

PRAISE GOHz0rz!

*Repeats*

Mayhaps this will help wik mah rping. =D

*agrees*
GoH is Jesus Christ, Monkeh is God, and the mods are too awesome to be catagorized under such catagories FTW >D

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
GoH is Jesus Christ, Monkeh is God, and the mods are too awesome to be catagorized under such catagories FTW >D

The mods are the Beatles? o_O

~Fenris Etheral

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
^ECKS THE FREAKIN' DEE.

._.

GoH, you promised more essays. I see none. I demand them now. D:<

Shirozora

Website
www.fanfiction.net
unless someone's already mentioned this - don't write in one tone. i've found enough stories on FFN in which characters commit suicide and there's blood and death and cutting and drugs and etc. to make one just as sick as said stories. expand the tones, throw in drama, supernatural, angst, etc.

XD

makes it more fun for others. the gods only know how bored i get finding basically the same oneshot over and over again.

and.....surprises. mustn't forget surprises. and i mean REAL surprises, the ones that'll get readers pissed at you. those are the best kinds, even if you've been the victim of one such surprise.

i.e. kill Sora. the BHK was supposed to die but i decided to hook him up with Kairi, and then hook Riku up with Olette, and then Sora died. no need to talk about all the hatemail and death mail i got afterwards. Mafia included.

dialogue is also a way to give people breathing space. a bunch of huge 'speeches' and elaborate paragraphs kills a potentially good story. have you ever looked at those 'classics' and stare at the massive paragraphs that run on forever and go: wtf?
or how about The Tale of Two Cities and that first sentence that equates a paragraph? yeah. you get the picture. we all need room to breathe.
so add dialogue. good dialogue. banter is also useful for pointing out the smaller details in life. cuz nobody's a hero forever. they're all people, too.

and uh, unless your mary sue isn't a mary sue, don't write one. not recommended. people still do but oftentimes they're predictable. not recommended.

gee...i hope all this hasn't already been said. don't have enough time reading through all 3 pages of posts

^.^"

just from the experiences of a lifelong storyteller. enjoy writing!

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Wow. I think you're an idiot.

1. Get your own thread.
2. Why the heck are you offering advice? Your posts look like you hit grammar with a train. >.>
3. Nobody cares about your little hate-mail-adventure. ._. You're just advertising.
4. Everything you posted goes without saying. ._.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Holy crap! I never write fan fictions and I sure as hell could write better than you could. For a lifelong storyteller, you need to either:
1)Kill yourself
2)Find something else better to do and make sure your actually decent at it.

Ok? Thanks.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
=/ Flame fest ftl.

I had legitimate questions that were phrased with malicious sarcasm and such. J00 just flamed. =(

Still, being seventeen doesn't make you a life-long storyteller. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back