• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thought: Creepy world, such as Haunted Mansion or the Tower of Terror?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DontDoubtDavid

I think it'd be really cool to have a creepy world different from Halloween Town (which I'm kinda bored of). I would love to see the Tower of Terror or Haunted Mansion (ride versions, not movies). How cool would it be to explore those buildings and fight ghost-like enemies, as well as following a ghostly storyline?

They could recreate the Haunted Mansion from either Disney Land or Disney World, and you have a mission to search the mansion and find the dead bride (maybe?) with the help of friendly ghosts, the singing stone heads, and Madame Leota (maybe voiced by Jennifer Tilly again).

Same idea with the Tower or Terror. They could design the DL or DW version (but I think it'd be cool to stay with the original DW version). I love the idea of just being free to explore the hotel on your own, maybe even getting to meet Rod Serling! Maybe a boss fight could be fighting the boss by controlling the elevator, moving it around to drop on him. I get so excited thinking about it!

blksabbath74

Re: Though: Creepy world, such as Haunted Mansion or the Tower of Terror?

I'm not bored with Halloweentown, but I would prefer it to be a little more robust, with more characters from the movies.

It was my favorite world in KH1, but after you defeated Oogie Boogie, there wasn't a whole lot left, and I really would have enjoyed re-exploring that crazy mansion.

I'm not familiar with Tower of Terror, but I would definately like to see the Haunted Mansion.

Sleepy Hollow would also be fun.

Antar

Awards

A creepy world would be nice. I like it when normal games have some kind of eerie area like Lavender Town in Pokemon, for example.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

A creepy world huh? There is Halloween Town, but I'm not sure what else they could do with that world.; I wouldn't mind The Haunted Mansion appearing in KH.

I'm not bored with Halloweentown, but I would prefer it to be a little more robust, with more characters from the movies.

It was my favorite world in KH1, but after you defeated Oogie Boogie, there wasn't a whole lot left, and I really would have enjoyed re-exploring that crazy mansion.

I'm not familiar with Tower of Terror, but I would definately like to see the Haunted Mansion.

Sleepy Hollow would also be fun.

Yes I definitely want a Sleepy Hallow world. I've always wanted to take on the Headless Horseman

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I'll admit I'm a sucker for Halloweentown. Given Little Mermaid, Nightmare Before Christmas, Wreck-It-Ralph, Frozen, and Lilo & Stitch are my top Disney films, any representation from those 5 are never bad (even if it's a terrible musical, I'm glad it's at least in the game rather than out completely).

Given that, I can see them taking a backseat with Nightmare cause it's been in so many games. I actually LOVE the idea of Haunted Mansion. Not so much Tower of Terror (because that's really Twilight Zone based and IDK how I feel about SDG entering...the twilight zone! NEENER NEENER NEENER NEENER! jk but in all seriousness, I'd rather the Twilight Zone be avoided).

However, the Haunted Mansion is one of Disney's most famous rides because its history is EXTENSIVE. They could make more than 1 world just based off of the history of the ride and yes, it's much creepier (and much more gruesome) than Nightmare. I can't even go into detail on the backstory of Haunted Mansion (HM) but here's a site completely dedicated to HM:

DoomBuggies > Explore the history and marvel at the mystery of Disney's Haunted Mansion attractions!

There are multiple versions and stories related to HM in all the various versions in the different parks around the world (Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc.) so I am all for them including HM, I think it's a fantastic idea.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

The Haunted Mansion would be downright AMAZING if they placed it in III. I'd love to see how they could render the entire area into the game considering that the place is surprisingly huge for a ride.

Also, I can't help but wonder whether or not they may have that little nod to Mr. Toad. Whenever I exit the ride, I always look at the pet cemetery which has a statue of Mr. Toad. Could that statue still be there yet have Mr. Toad alive and kicking in III?

Bobjam

Awards

The Haunted Mansion would be downright AMAZING if they placed it in III. I'd love to see how they could render the entire area into the game considering that the place is surprisingly huge for a ride.

Also, I can't help but wonder whether or not they may have that little nod to Mr. Toad. Whenever I exit the ride, I always look at the pet cemetery which has a statue of Mr. Toad. Could that statue still be there yet have Mr. Toad alive and kicking in III?

I am totally for a Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor based world too! Such an atmospheric ride and there are so many new characters from the lore that they could introduce or even come up with a good storyline involving disney characters in it. I would love that so much!

blksabbath74

I'll admit I'm a sucker for Halloweentown. Given Little Mermaid, Nightmare Before Christmas, Wreck-It-Ralph, Frozen, and Lilo & Stitch are my top Disney films, any representation from those 5 are never bad (even if it's a terrible musical, I'm glad it's at least in the game rather than out completely).

Given that, I can see them taking a backseat with Nightmare cause it's been in so many games. I actually LOVE the idea of Haunted Mansion. Not so much Tower of Terror (because that's really Twilight Zone based and IDK how I feel about SDG entering...the twilight zone! NEENER NEENER NEENER NEENER! jk but in all seriousness, I'd rather the Twilight Zone be avoided).

However, the Haunted Mansion is one of Disney's most famous rides because its history is EXTENSIVE. They could make more than 1 world just based off of the history of the ride and yes, it's much creepier (and much more gruesome) than Nightmare. I can't even go into detail on the backstory of Haunted Mansion (HM) but here's a site completely dedicated to HM:

DoomBuggies > Explore the history and marvel at the mystery of Disney's Haunted Mansion attractions!

There are multiple versions and stories related to HM in all the various versions in the different parks around the world (Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc.) so I am all for them including HM, I think it's a fantastic idea.

Great link, thanks!

If they did a Hantued Mansion, which would be awesome, they could definately draw some inspiration from the Disney Cartoon Lonesome Ghosts.

Lonesome Ghosts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From Wiki

The Ajax Ghost Exterminators are hired by telephone to drive out four ghosts from a haunted house that has long been abandoned. Unbeknownst to them, they were hired by the ghosts themselves, who are bored because nobody has visited the house they had long been haunting (they had scared all the locals away, as one ghost puts it: "Guess we're too good!"). They wish to play tricks on the living, and do so through a series of inventive, annoying pranks. The exterminators arrive, enter and announce themselves, but there is nobody to receive them. Mickey decides they should get to work anyway, and the three split up to hunt the ghosts individually. The exterminators are toyed with at every turn; Mickey is driven upstairs and tries to open a door, which opens in a splash of water. Donald, meanwhile, is whacked with a wooden board and is scared away by the sounds of banging chains and dishes. Goofy, in a bedroom, becomes tangled in a dresser and stabs his own rear with a pin, mistaking his blue pants for a ghost and is shoved down into the basement. In the end, the three exterminators accidentally become covered in molasses and flour, making them look like ghosts and consequently scaring the actual ghosts out of the house in a panic. The ghost hunters stand victorious, having driven the spirits out of the house, although not exactly certain how. Donald smugly assumes the ghosts fled in capitulation to their superior tactics.

If you've seen the cartoon, there are alot of elements that could be worked into a Haunted House visit by Sora, Donald and Goofy.

kupo1121

Awards
No problem :) I'm honestly not a fan of rides being turned into worlds since for the most part, they don't have much wealth of story. However, Haunted Mansion (like Pirates of the Caribbean now) has a wealth of history from which to draw upon and honestly, Haunted Mansion has always actually been creepy. I've always disliked how they try to make Halloweentown very creepy with the lighting since Nightmare Before Christmas was not a scary movie inherently. Haunted Mansion is (total fragment sentence here).

blksabbath74

No problem :) I'm honestly not a fan of rides being turned into worlds since for the most part, they don't have much wealth of story. However, Haunted Mansion (like Pirates of the Caribbean now) has a wealth of history from which to draw upon and honestly, Haunted Mansion has always actually been creepy. I've always disliked how they try to make Halloweentown very creepy with the lighting since Nightmare Before Christmas was not a scary movie inherently. Haunted Mansion is (total fragment sentence here).

So you don't think It's a Small World or Captain EO would work well?

Actually, Epic Mickey utilized a run-down version of the It's a Small World ride, complete with dismembered animatronic children, tinny rundown music and a green acid river (technically thinner) to make an extremely creepy portion of the game.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would rock for sure though...at least, Nemo's Submarine as a secret boss?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Rides are definitely being represented now, sort of, through the attraction flow system. I can see that being utilized in someway, but otherwise eeeeeh.

Haunted Mansion is obviously an amazing ride, but one of the reasons why it's so amazing and one of the reasons why the movie didn't work is because the narrative is so ambiguous. There are so many myths and legends and clues about the story of the Gracy Mansion that it seems a little unfair to shoehorn in a real narrative.

That only exists in Disney World because Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was closed and demolished for the Winnie the Pooh ride. It doesn't really make sense out of context.

kupo1121

Awards
So you don't think It's a Small World or Captain EO would work well?

I don't think so honestly. I mean, the rides are cute and nice and all but you can't make an entire world with a very nice story, characters, a plot, and all the works with just dolls that dance in different countries without having to make something up (which is something I think SE would try to avoid since they'd have to go through Disney for that most definitely).

Also, while HM is pretty ambiguous, some aspects of it's story are not and there are so many different takes on the story in the many different parks, not to mention Disney is developing another Haunted Mansion movie so they are clearly trying to focus on a storyline (hopefully this time more creepy that comedic).

blksabbath74

How about Night on Bald Mountain?

I would like to see that. I would definately like to see Chernabog and his minions expanded upon, although, having rewatched that recently, there's alot of nudity in that portion of fantasia, including clearly delineated nipples on females. Did Disney create the first Hentai animation?

But yeah, would love to see Chernabog and his demons used in a more meaningful way.

I don't think so honestly. I mean, the rides are cute and nice and all but you can't make an entire world with a very nice story, characters, a plot, and all the works with just dolls that dance in different countries without having to make something up (which is something I think SE would try to avoid since they'd have to go through Disney for that most definitely).

Also, while HM is pretty ambiguous, some aspects of it's story are not and there are so many different takes on the story in the many different parks, not to mention Disney is developing another Haunted Mansion movie so they are clearly trying to focus on a storyline (hopefully this time more creepy that comedic).

You know, I can think of alot (most probably) of rides that wouldn't work as worlds, but others that would. Obviously Pirates of the Caribbean, but also Haunted Mansion, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (which I beleive is retired?) and Frontierland would make a great basis for a Wild West World (in which Davy Crocket could be included), as well as Tom Sawyer or Swiss Family Robinson, if desired.

The majority of the rides are either too one-dimmensional or are already tied into existing franchises, but there is definately some usable material there, with Haunted Mansion probably being the best bet.

Haunted Mansion is obviously an amazing ride, but one of the reasons why it's so amazing and one of the reasons why the movie didn't work is because the narrative is so ambiguous. There are so many myths and legends and clues about the story of the Gracy Mansion that it seems a little unfair to shoehorn in a real narrative.

I disagree. I think the reason that the Haunted Mansion movie was such an epic fail is that they were in such a hurry to recreate the success of Pirates of the Caribbean, that they thought they could grab a big-named actor in Eddie Murphy and use him as a vehicle. First off, Eddie Murphy was well out of his prime, and had reverted to doing family friendly films (not that you'd want his Raw style humor in a Disney movie) and the whole plot was convoluted and forgettable.

The whole project was rushed to capitalize on the success of PotC, and they came away with a very mediocre and forgettable product.

I have every confidence that a good team of writers could come up with a great story that is both family friendly and actually a bit scary.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
one of the reasons why the movie didn't work is because the narrative is so ambiguous. There are so many myths and legends and clues about the story of the Gracy Mansion that it seems a little unfair to shoehorn in a real narrative.

I disagree.
and the whole plot was convoluted and forgettable.
You're sending me a variety pack of signals here. That's pretty much what I was saying, I'm just not attributing it solely to being rushed. (PotC and the Haunted Mansion came out the same year, btw, that's a hell of a rush)

I have every confidence that a good team of writers could come up with a great story that is both family friendly and actually a bit scary.

Oh, I'm sure! There was a Haunted Mansion video game that didn't follow the movie, and there's a level of it in Epic Mickey. I just don't think it's Kingdom Hearts world material.

(and for that matter, neither are the super offensive It's a Small World and the obscure Captain EO ((why on earth would you want that to happen when Michael Jackson can't come back to reprise the role? And for that matter, getting the rights to his image seems impossible, but I can't be sure if you were fooling around when you suggested that-you seem to enjoy sending topics to the spam section)) )

blksabbath74

[/I][/COLOR]

You're sending me a variety pack of signals here. That's pretty much what I was saying, I'm just not attributing it solely to being rushed. (PotC and the Haunted Mansion came out the same year, btw, that's a hell of a rush)

[/COLOR]
Oh, I'm sure! There was a Haunted Mansion video game that didn't follow the movie, and there's a level of it in Epic Mickey. I just don't think it's Kingdom Hearts world material.

(and for that matter, neither are the super offensive It's a Small World and the obscure Captain EO ((why on earth would you want that to happen when Michael Jackson can't come back to reprise the role? And for that matter, getting the rights to his image seems impossible, but I can't be sure if you were fooling around when you suggested that-you seem to enjoy sending topics to the spam section)) )

Yes, it's official, I need a sarchasm font...

I was, indeed, kidding about Captain EO, although that was the shizz when I was a kid, but then, so was Thriller, and MTV in general.

I did not realize that Haunted Mansion came out so close after PotC. It was several years later that I saw it. Regardless, it just did not work.

However, I was not being sarchastic in saying that I think it could work as a world in KH3. I mean, you have multiple sprawling 'worlds' that are essentially a single building; Beast's Castle, the Castle of Dreams, Hollow Bastion, and both Coliseums, and they all worked, and some were larger than worlds which actually represented actual worlds.

With that in mind, I see no reason why a Haunted Mansion wouldn't work.

Bobjam

Awards
Yes, it's official, I need a sarchasm font...

I was, indeed, kidding about Captain EO, although that was the shizz when I was a kid, but then, so was Thriller, and MTV in general.

I did not realize that Haunted Mansion came out so close after PotC. It was several years later that I saw it. Regardless, it just did not work.

However, I was not being sarchastic in saying that I think it could work as a world in KH3. I mean, you have multiple sprawling 'worlds' that are essentially a single building; Beast's Castle, the Castle of Dreams, Hollow Bastion, and both Coliseums, and they all worked, and some were larger than worlds which actually represented actual worlds.

With that in mind, I see no reason why a Haunted Mansion wouldn't work.

Also the way they had a world within a world with Disney Castle and Timeless River was really awesome and maybe they can expand on that idea by having smaller scale worlds within others. The Haunted Mansion could just be another section of an even bigger world which gives the player more to explore and more characters to bump into. They should definitely make the worlds big enough this time around to have the potential to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back