• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory on Names.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxrhea

Website
www.quizilla.com
I'm not sure of all of the characters' fan-made nicknames, so I'll make up my own for this.

:What we know Japanese:

Sora - Sky
Kairi- Sea/ Ocean
[Riku- Land]

I haven't really seen Riku's translation anywhere, but I believe Riku can mean land.
That would make sense, as sea, sky, and land all fit together nicely.

:What we know Latin:

Ven [Blonde-haired soldier] - Sky
Aqua [Blue-haired female soldier] - Sea

Now, no one has mentioned the brown haired one's name.
And the blonde haired one looks too much like Roxas so I'm not going to speculate about him.

The same as Sora goes with Ven and Kairi goes with Aqua, shouldn't the brown haired soldier go with Riku?
So, as Riku can mean land, maybe the brown haired soldier's name would be land in latin.

So maybe his name is Terra, as that means land in latin.
It can also mean 'the good earth' which is pretty much the same.

Thank you for reading, though there was a lot of information for a small speculation. ^-^ [That rhymed. Haha.]

Edit: Yeah, we found out that the one's name IS Terra so...

Last edited:
W

WindsweptDemyx

Uh, does anyone have any references that 'Ven' actually means sky in latin? Because you know what? It doesn't. *Vent* means air and related skyish stuff, but ven is just a prefix meaning poison, as in venomous.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xP I wonder though if this means that these characters are connected in any way or if its just creative name usage.

Deadlock

Website
www.myspace.com
I'm not sure of all of the characters' fan-made nicknames, so I'll make up my own for this.

:What we know Japanese:

Sora - Sky
Kairi- Sea/ Ocean
[Riku- Land]

I haven't really seen Riku's translation anywhere, but I believe Riku can mean land.
That would make sense, as sea, sky, and land all fit together nicely.

:What we know Latin:

Ven [Blonde-haired soldier] - Sky
Aqua [Blue-haired female soldier] - Sea

Now, no one has mentioned the brown haired one's name.
And the blonde haired one looks too much like Roxas so I'm not going to speculate about him.

The same as Sora goes with Ven and Kairi goes with Aqua, shouldn't the brown haired soldier go with Riku?
So, as Riku can mean land, maybe the brown haired soldier's name would be land in latin.

So maybe his name is Terra, as that means land in latin.
It can also mean 'the good earth' which is pretty much the same.

Thank you for reading, though there was a lot of information for a small speculation. ^-^ [That rhymed. Haha.]
There you go.. it's fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back