• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Wild Rose

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraearthman15

The Wild Rose is like a dream blosaming and dieing only to eventually be reborn after it's sleep but when we follow thesse dreams we may not realize that blocks and turns and hardships are encounterd such as the wild rose. for it is born as a dream[the roots] and you must climb up to the rose pettals to acomplish that dream but as you progress so does it poping up with wildthorns in wild spots stopping you from your dream but such is the fate the fate of the wild rose.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
This is a lovely poem, but yes, it should be into stanzas.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Hmm, I like it. It would be more understandable to read if you broke it up in to stanzas.

Camilo101

Thank you all but i don't know what stanzas are can any of you help me

Basically don't just write the whole thing out in a nonstop flow of words like I am doing right now it is very confusing and ruins the mood of the poem because you do not know when to pause in your reading so if you instead

Split things up
Into nice little chunks,
You get a stanza

And this is really how
Most poems are forged
Because it is far easier
For people to understand

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Wild Rose is like a dream blosaming and dieing only to eventually be reborn after it's sleep but when we follow thesse dreams we may not realize that blocks and turns and hardships are encounterd such as the wild rose. for it is born as a dream [SPACE] [the roots] and you must climb up to the rose pettals to acomplish that dream but as you progress[COMMA] so does it poping up with wildthorns in wild spots stopping you from your dream but such is the fate [SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ONE SENTENCE] the fate of the wild rose.

It seems like a nice piece but like everyone said, you really should split them up into stanzas so it flows as a poetic piece. Now, I understand if you're trying to be experimental but it doesn't really work when you don't understand elements of poetry to begin with, I think. You can't experiment with things that you don't know what they are fully and end up with a positive result.

You had a couple spelling errors as well. I bolded them for you to fix yourself. :3
I'd edit it. It'd help it a loooot.

As a whole, it's enjoyable but the fact that it's just a paragraph just makes everything lose its luster. Try to give reason to doing things with your writing as well.

Oh, and tip for it's and its.

Strong Bad said:
Oooh, if you want possession it's just its.
But if you want a contraction, it's it's!
scallywag.

3% of KHI probably got where I got that but eh.
Always worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back